Carene Sumgai

Left FPN

I have moved this from the topic Carene Project looms.

All for £75,

fpn_1409733723__dsc_0305.jpg

fpn_1409733775__dsc_0301.jpg

Following my usual tank clean and polish an almost mint set of pens, ball point, roller ball, fountain pen (medium nib), spare section (stub nib), 26 cartridges, 2 bp refills, 2 rb refills and all boxed.

one stamped, one etched.

fpn_1409741516__dscn0098.jpg

Edited by Force

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left FPN

• RMN

• Batman

• pajaro

Top Posters In This Topic

Sumgai indeed.... :notworthy1:

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Yes, when you see this which I still think is a very good deal. I was even considering it myself before the above appeared.

That's about $116, about what a lot of Carenes go for used. Not near as good a deal as yours, Mr Sumgai. :lol:

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Goodness gracious Mr Force. You are truly amazing. Can I have some of your magic potion please? :-)

+1. Force is truly amazing and resourceful at digging out super bargains!

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

+1. Force is truly amazing and resourceful at digging out super bargains!

As I have said before: He is a Force to be reckoned with...

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

This sumgai was fairly easy.

The set had done one round on the bay, listed for 7 days with a BIN of £120. I watched it expecting someone to step in and buy them quickly but no, it ran for the 7 days. I must admit the pics were not very good but the description sounded honest. During the run I asked a question just to be sure all was well with the nib sizes and received an immediate reply. I still did not bid.

So they were relisted with a starting price of £50 (with reserve) and BIN of £100. Still nobody hit the BIN but the bids started and it reached about £60 until the last day. During the final 30 mins I put in a token bid just to make sure I was logged in (how many times have I done this only to be confronted with the login page) which took it to £65 in someone elses favour. So I raised my bid to £99.99 and waited until the last 3 seconds.....baaammmmmmmm.

You Have Won This Auction £75 :) even I could not believe noone else thought of going £90 or £95....the sections alone were worth it.

So when the auction ended the seller contacted me saying he would ship the following day and include some addition items not show ie all the cartridges :)

Edited by Force

As I have said before: He is a Force to be reckoned with...

D.ick

Indeed

However, his previous Sumgai was almost Sugai+Grail :)

fpn_1383130602__dscn0635.jpg

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/255101-ruby-edson-sumgai/

The search for Ruby Edson begins ;)

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

Just out of curiosity, do the new nibs on the carene's have a stamped waterman logo rather than a laser etched one. If so that is quite nice.

Just out of curiosity, do the new nibs on the carene's have a stamped waterman logo rather than a laser etched one. If so that is quite nice.

I cannot be 100% sure but the above Stub came in its original packaging (first pic, left box) which looks to be of recent modern supply.

Also the Contemporary Black (subject of another topic and which has now left me) had a stamped nib.

I cannot be 100% sure but the above Stub came in its original packaging (first pic, left box) which looks to be of recent modern supply.

Also the Contemporary Black (subject of another topic and which has now left me) had a stamped nib.

Awesome thanks!

I have popped the above stub onto a dinked barrel together with my clipless cap to form a bitsa pen and I must ay the nib is really nice. Must take a few pics for the bitsa fans.

for this price it is sumgai indeed :thumbup:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time