Help Finding The "old" Formula Montblanc Midnight Blue Iron Gall Formula.

fc2462

I know it was discontinued about a year ago and replaced with a new non-permanent formula but just out of sheer curiosity, I would like to try this ink.

If anyone knows of a store that may still have this in stock or if you bought too much and want to part with a bottle, please let me know.

Thanks,

Frank

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serpent

• fc2462

• Ambien

• mrchan

I know I have seen this ink come up occasionally on the FPN Classifieds - you might want to post a WTB offer in the Classifieds when you get to 30 posts/30 days.

I still got one and know a shop where there are 4-5 left...But it's here in belgium so a bit useless for you ;)

Edited by Montblanc owner and lover

A people can be great withouth a great pen but a people who love great pens is surely a great people too...

Pens owned actually: MB 146 EF;Pelikan M200 SE Clear Demonstrator 2012 B;Parker 17 EF;Parker 51 EF;Waterman Expert II M,Waterman Hemisphere M;Waterman Carene F and Stub;Pilot Justus 95 F.

Nearly owned: MB 149 B(Circa 2002);Conway Stewart Belliver LE bracket Brown IB.

I just saw an ad in the classifieds yesterday or the day before where someone was selling a bottle. You can also probably find it on eBay by searching with the item number instead of the ink color. The item number is in the thread where someone did an ink review between the two versions, sorry I can't find the link now being on my phone.

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

Ah just spotted your location Frank so offering you a trade for something else is destroyed by the shiping issue. I am sure someone over there will pop up with one.

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

that amazon link under details shows item is really #109204. I grabbed that bottle from capt. Dan to add to my IG collection.

Edited by serpent

Yes, I've looked at Ebay and Amazon and I'm just afraid to order any from either of those sources because after reading a lot of reviews of the sellers, come to find out they are shipping the new formula ink. In some cases they are even referencing the old part number in their ad. I was hoping someone knew of a pen shop that still had some sitting on the shelf or something where I could call and verify by phone.

Thank you all for your help!

Hello, I know it seems like they would be the first to be sold out, but have you called the MB boutiques yet? After trying the ink this weekend, I just picked up a second bottle of the old formula from the boutique in Boston today. The associate who helped me literally removed every single ink bottle from every ink drawer until he found one bottle of the IG formula at the very bottom of the last drawer. He was so nice that he offered to help me locate additional bottles in other boutiques and have them shipped to me (which I do not need, so don't worry I did not hoard any other bottles :P).

It may take calling a couple boutiques and you may need to explain to the associates that the formula has changed (because many are recent hires who have not been trained in the entire evolution of the product line, but they are still very ready to help) and show them how to differentiate between an old and new carton (the identification number "105194" and the words "permanent for documents" on the back).

From my experience, if the associates know you are passionate about the brand and the product they will do their best to help you. And, if you find a bottle at the boutique, at least you do not have to worry about paying the marked up price that some ebay and amazon sellers set for hard to find items. I hope you find one soon!

Yes, I've looked at Ebay and Amazon and I'm just afraid to order any from either of those sources because after reading a lot of reviews of the sellers, come to find out they are shipping the new formula ink. In some cases they are even referencing the old part number in their ad. I was hoping someone knew of a pen shop that still had some sitting on the shelf or something where I could call and verify by phone.

Thank you all for your help!

I bought one bottle when they made the announcement awhile a go and they tend to come in the correct boxes. It was kinda dry and more faded than I expected but working. Typically, eBay has a good stock of new-old items wrt FP-related items. The only negative side is crazy listing prices and unpredictable stock.

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow

Ah yes, my favourite blue-black ink of all time. I cleared out my local boutique's stock, buying the last remaining 6 bottles. :D

Fountain pens are like weapons. They just make your pocket bleed so much.

• 1 year later...