Current Favorites For Fountain Pen Friendly Index Cards?

MTHALL720

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MTHALL720

• wikeh2004

• inkypete

• T4TEXAS

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in love with the feel if not the colors of the Exacompta cards. They come in various sizes and work beautifully with every ink / pen combination I've tried.

I'm in love with the feel if not the colors of the Exacompta cards. They come in various sizes and work beautifully with every ink / pen combination I've tried.

I have thought that I would have tried some of these if I could have found them in plain white. I have no interest in a set of pastel cards. I would imagine that unless you use a black or dark blue ink all the time you'd get some really ugly coolor combinations!

Grace and Peace are already yours because God is the Creator of all of life and Jesus Christ the Redeemer of each and every life.

The exacompta cards are fantastic. I have been using cards from Daiso - cheap and excellent quality.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

The exacompta cards are fantastic. I have been using cards from Daiso - cheap and excellent quality.

Wish we had Daiso stores here. I got acquainted with them in Japan and Okinawa and loved them. But, found a Kokuyo Store in Okinawa and bought a bunch of paper and some notebooks to give to pen loving friends when I got back. And, a very nice Pilot Young Rex pen in medium nib. Unusual for Japan. :-)

I have found the whte, blank, 3X5 cards at Target stores to be excellent. Cheap and take FP ink well. I think they have lined ones also.

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."

- Jack London

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

They are not cheap ($6 for 50) but are great with FPs- the nockco.com DotDash note cards. I find the grid pattern helpful and they take ink better than any other card I've used.

They are not cheap ($6 for 50) but are great with FPs- the nockco.com DotDash note cards. I find the grid pattern helpful and they take ink better than any other card I've used.

Not my experience- I think these DotDash note cards are hit or miss. Roughly half of my note cards allow visible feathering with a Lamy Safari Fine using Noodler's 54th. The others show only a hint of feathering. (I have contacted the company)

Edited by xwingrox

I was put on to the Olympic System Cards, which I bought from Big W in Australia. $4 for 100 of 75x125mm (3"x5").

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

I know that Notebookish on the forum here sells fountain-pen-friendly cards at his Etsy shop... I haven't tried them myself, but I've been tempted!

Coincidentally, I had been mulling this question for some days now, and was thinking of putting the question to members.

I have several bunches of cards, in several sizes, some blank, some lined; some I know are Oxford, and some I am not 100% certain but believe them to be, since I see no other brand in Office Depot, where I buy most such stuff (not because I think it's the best supply chain store, but because it's closest to my home and nearly ubiquitous in Texas).

All that I have feather badly and feel soft under my fp nibs. I've used some blank ones to produce my own research forms and find that inkjet printers' inks also feather to varying extents.

So, Oxford is out for me at this time. Based on foregoing comments, I'll try Target and K-Mart, both nearby, see if they are carrying some brand mentioned on this thread, or not, but not Oxford.

An unfortunate observation on the side: Sometimes, the stock in a small quantity package is not the same stuff as in a larger package. I might find a packet of 50 or 100 that works fine, only to buy 1,000 of the "same" product and discover that it is not the same.

I was put on to the Olympic System Cards, which I bought from Big W in Australia. $4 for 100 of 75x125mm (3"x5").

Have used them too - make sure you try the Daiso cards. They are fantastic.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

I have found the whte, blank, 3X5 cards at Target stores to be excellent. Cheap and take FP ink well. I think they have lined ones also.

I picked up a new pack of the Target cards (store brand "Up and Up") to see if it was performing as well as the ones I bought a year ago. Yes indeed. I only have two pens inked, so this may not be true of all inks, of course. But with Cacao du Brazil and Noodler's Eel American Blue it is okay with me. No bleed through. Perhaps faint feathering with the Eel Blue under an 8X lupe, but not visible to these eyes otherwise. 100 cards for 50 cents. Not much to lose to find out if it is sufficient for your purposes.

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."

- Jack London

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

Nock are 70 Gm and work well, Doug C is road testing some for me. I'm using Frictionless Capture Cards and they work swell with my XF and XXF Edison, Nakaya, Newton, Dr. Gore Tex , Jeb and FC Needle Points. IIRC they are 80 gm paper and quite thick in comparison to the run of the mill 3 x 5 cards. My Capture Cards are Small grids. Nock are a mix, lined 2/3 of L side of Card, R 1/3 is Grid Margin. No affiliation, just a satisfied client. Jim