One Pen, One Ink

warblerick

During the past week I've fallen in love with my TWSBI VAC 700's. I'd happily take one of them. Ink I haven't found my favorite yet, but at the moment I'd take 54th Massachusetts. Now if I could get something with the color properties of Apache Sunset or Ebony Purple with the permanence of a bullet-proof ink, they'd take that place.

He who controls the ink controls the universe!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ethernautrix

• Namo

• AllenG

• Komitadjie

Nakaya with Noodler's Black. (Just please let me keep these two, no, five, these five Nakayas.) (Maybe six. I don't know.) (I want them.)

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Pilot Custom 823, F, with Iroshizuku Fuyo Syogun.

I'm still not giving up on the rest of my pens/inks...

Edited by Water Ouzel

Parker 51 aerometric in Cedar Blue filled with vintage Parker Quink Permenate Blue-Black with Solv-X.

Owner of many fine Parker fountain pens... and one Lamy.

I have not yet found my the one pen. I do have favorites but each of them has their pros n cons. My 1930s Sheaffer Balance OS and modern Montblanc 146 will probably have to dog-fight for a comparison for better daily writer pen. However, none of them can flex and I have been trying to learn Copperplate now. You see my problem; now we are talking about another whole nine yards of vintage pens that I have to decide, I think I will need months on my end for this :P.

For ink: Iroshizuku Asa-gao. If Pilot stops producing this ink, I think I'll cry. Literately!

I wasn't very sure of my answer until I once again used this combination today: blue Pilot Custom Heritage 92 (ef nib) with Iroshizuku Kon-Peki.

The pen holds a tonne of the beautiful ink,and the ef nib makes my handwriting look neat. Although the nib is so fine, it's very smooth and allows the Kon Peki's shading to show up. Blue is my favourite colour and I have a weakness for blue demonstrator pens, while by a happy coincidence the colour of the ink matches with the pen.

It'd have to be a Parker 51 Aero for me, I think, and probably Noodler's Black, or 54th Mass.

The pen just because it's absurdly durable, easy to work on, and the sac lasts forever! It's just a bulletproof writer that I can always count on to be ready when I need it.

Which is the one thing that gives it a one-up over one of my Snorkels or Touchdown fillers. Of course, as long as we're not talking desert-island, one of my snorkels would likely take the cake. Probably the Valiant, just because I love the nib and the whole Snorkel concept.

M800 with Iroshizuku Kon-peki. Love that blue!

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

Pilot VP, with EF nib and some vintage Skrip blue black.... Yowza... that is a combo!

RW

Ha... Page TWO...

Edited by Prvt. Toter

If you think everything is going well... you obviously have no idea what is really going on!

Pen: either a Homo Sapiens or a Wall Street.

Ink: Any one of Iro Kon Peki, Ku Jaku or Edelstein Topaz.

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

Pelikan M800 Blue O' Blue with an oblique F nib. Ink would be Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher. Not my favorite color (that's Iroshizuku Asa-gao) but it is permanent and a nice blue-black.

It's not going to happen. It's like choosing you favourite child. Well no, as I only have one child.

But I do have 30 pens and sometimes one will get used a lot, other times they may be put away for a year or more.

I also need more than one ink. My diary wouldn't work in one colour.

Dick D

When this question (in its many forms) comes up, I always want to ask what the rest of the imagined situation is. Why do I have to make this choice? Am I supposed to be exiled to some remote region where the locals won't supply me with pen and ink? Have those who sent me there agreed to send me regular care packages, but refused to communicate with me about changes to the contents? If my pen needs repair, will they take care of it, replace it, send me parts and instructions?

I'd be happy enough, I suppose, with my smoke colored Pilot Custom Heritage 92, which has a fine-medium nib. I'd be equally happy with some other pens I own, but won't cheat by mentioning them. For an ink, I would grow tired of Sailor Jentle Doyou, but then, I'd grow tired of my second through tenth picks too. And an unending stream of Quo Vadis Habana notebooks would be fine.

Can I have a pencil in case I decide to try my hand at drawing again? Or do I just have to learn how not to change my mind and erase?

Situation: in a very near future, North Corea (or Albania, or Margaret Thatcher. Pick your choice) takes over world power and centralize fountain pen and ink production. You are appointed chief consultant for fountain pens and inks at the Ministry of Pens Affairs. Now it's time to make a decision: one FP only will be produced, and one ink. So, which one?

PS: pencils are an other matter. You will need to meet with the chief consultant for pencils.

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

Situation: in a very near future, North Corea (or Albania, or Margaret Thatcher. Pick your choice) takes over world power and centralize fountain pen and ink production. You are appointed chief consultant for fountain pens and inks at the Ministry of Pens Affairs. Now it's time to make a decision: one FP only will be produced, and one ink. So, which one?

Ha! That scenario is way cooler!

Another one could be this one: "in the near future all fountain pen and ink production is centralized in one multinational company. They plan to consolidate and move all production to China and..."

What? This is already happening?

Edited by carlos.q

The pen part is easy for me. I'd choose my Visconti Homo Sapiens with stub nib. Ink is harder. At first I thought Waterman Havana brown, but I've never put it in HS. I've used J Hetbin Poussiere de Lune a lot in HS. Maybe I should pick Waterman Florida blue. But it would have to be Waterman ink under the old names. Otherwise I'd probably go with the J Herbin.

Maybe the situation should be there is a fire and you only have time to grab one pen and bottle of ink before you have to escape (after all people and pets are rescued, plus those other things we would grab).

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

I would, practically and reluctantly, leave my grail Montegrappa sterling Reminiscence at home, where it belongs. I'd take my Kaweco Sport Classic, black, with the best (F) nib I have ever used.

I've already made the desert-island ink choice: J. Herbin Violette Pensee.