What Is Your Signature Pen If You Have One?

Icywolfe

Signature pen means the pen you sign with. If you don't have one which pen you instantly pick out to write notes with. (Very important ones)

Mine is Jinhao X450 with a M JoWo nib. Now using Iron Gall Diamine ink, used be Platinum Carbon Black.

Edited by Icywolfe

#Nope

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dannyboy

• Toll

• Koyote

• Icywolfe

Hello IcyWolfe,

I use a Lamy Safari with a 1.1 stub nib; inks of choice would be Diamine Blue-Black, Diamine Twilight or Waterman Blue-Black.

Best regards,

Chris

Edited by LamyOne

- He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood abideth in me; and I in him. (JN 6:57)

- "A woman clothed in the sun," (REV 12.1); The Sun Danced at Fatima, Portugal; October 13, 1917.

- Thank you Blessed Mother and St. Jude for Graces and Blessings obtained from Our Lord.

Well, my definition of a signature nib, would be big bold using close to 1/3 to 1/2 a page.

I was and am here.

They do want to read the signature on a check...and it's rather tiny the place to sign.....sigh.

I had a Pelikan 605 BB semi-nail...that is still waiting for my memory and money to get together to make it a stub B or M.

My MB Woolf's M, basic MB springy nib. was a tad narrow for the B I wanted. Major mistake of not taking my paper to the B&M, so on poor paper the M did look the B I wanted and expected from a modern M. On good paper it wrote M. :doh:

Sigh, exchanged nibs for a B, did not tell them to make it vintage B or skinny B, so is B=BB. Something that would do well for a signature.

Got to get that nib ground down to a vintage writing B some day.

Then there is the Pelikan 500 OBB , 'flexi'/maxi-semi-flex....now that is a nib that puts some ink on a page, with line variation. The perfect nib...no changes needed.

Sigh....got nothing to sign....got to go buy a car, a house, a yacht, become president and not give away my pen.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

I use a Lamy Safari with 1.1 nib for signing invoices, export documents and payment instructions. Ink is R&K Salix.

This combination has good flow for fast writing and the nib adds character.

Cheers,

Laurens

"I will write you a long letter, for I do not have time to write a short one." (Blaise Pascal)

"To get the right answer, you have to ask the right question." (Big Cheese)

For short notes, I reach for the Lamy 2000 or the Parker 100 or the Lamy Al-Star. For extended periods of writing, it is the MB 149s, or the Sailor 1911 Realo, or the Waterman Edson ( my current rotation).

Very rarely get to sign my signature nowadays. When I do I tend to use a ballpoint.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

My penmanship has never been the best. I don't make a big fuss over my signature. I just use whatever pen I happen to be using that day.

Owner of many fine Parker fountain pens... and one Lamy.

Parker 180 with a B/F nib, or a Lamy joy with a 1.1 nib.

The 1.1 nib makes for a nice signature.

I forgot, my pocket pen an Ohto Tasche, to sign credit card slips.

Not the best, but I can carry it around easily, so it is always at hand...except when I loose it, like I did its predecessor :(

Edited by ac12

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

The wider nib of whatever's in my shirt pocket that day. Today it would be a Parker 180 F/B with Noodler's Luxury Blue in it. The Broad in that makes a fine signature.

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts

Very rarely get to sign my signature nowadays. When I do I tend to use a ballpoint.

Ditto.

Of an on I tried a fountain pen over the years.

I would do three signatures no problem, and then I would end up having to borrow a ballpoint for the fourth. And it just kept happening that way.

So, I quit fighting the situation and stopped carrying a fountain pen.

Can't fight the heard.

YMMV

At work I use any pen and ink that's handy, I used Solferino on a credit sheet yesterday.

For something serious and permanent I'd use something fancy with a flex nib,I have an eyedropper with an under/over feed and gold-filled overlay that's about right. Theink would be Diamine Registrar's Ink too.

I don't often have to sign things these days. At least, not very exciting things. It's cheques for the student newspaper I am treasurer of and scholarship/grant forms, usually. I have a Pilot Metropolitan always inked with Noodler's X-feather that I'll use, since the paper being used is likely not the greatest.

Pelikan 800 Tortoise, just used mine to sign my car title that just came in the mail! (yay the Vette is officially mine!)

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Generally I use whatever's in my pocket, but many of my fountain pens are custom ground cursive italic left oblique 20 degrees. Love that grind!

If I am sitting down to sign numerous documents (I have occasionally had to sign over 100 letters in a sitting - at work), I will use a stub nib loaded with a nice blue or blue-black ink...These days, usually a Waterman Carene factory stub loaded with Diamine Sapphire Blue.

If someone just walks in and needs a signature on a form or something, I will grab a stub if one is handy, but will happily use anything. It's all about getting people out of my office.

My broad M800.

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v