New Starwalker "extreme"

A1979

I just saw an image on appelboompennen.nl... I don't like the flat cap and the bolder shape. It make me think of a fat ST Dupont Défi. What do you think?

post-63755-0-60576700-1409354816_thumb.jpg

Edited by A1979

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A1979

• Mister Mont Blanc

• EclecticCollector

• Kalessin

I have a few star walkers and I like the look of this one. I especially like the trim. The flat top is an interesting idea. I might have to see one of these in person.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

The Defi was my first reaction as well. The "extreme" naming seems a bit odd though. Trying to appeal to hip 20-somethings who wouldn't/couldn't buy it anyway?

Edited by EclecticCollector

Thank you very much for the pic! I have yet to see any real decent pics but I like how the flattened top matches the flattened bottom. I like this design more but I still dislike the SW line because they are heavier and have the screw-on caps with thinner sections but I'm hoping these will show up on the US Montblanc website soon.

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

I might have to see one of these in person.

Same here. The first impression is quite negative, even for a Starwalker-lover like me. By the way, someone posted a "real" pic a few weeks ago, if I remember correctly.

The Defi was my first reaction as well. The "extreme" naming seems a bit odd though. Trying to appeal to hip 20-somethings who wouldn't/couldn't buy it anyway?

I had the same thought. But one thing is for sure: if compared to the new Heritage 1914 (or Montblanc Duofold, as someone called it), it is ridiculously inexpensive. :)

Nope, nope and nope.

Its interesting that they give us this type of pen for the masses, and something beautiful like the 1914 for the well off.

In order to appreciate the sweet, you must truly taste the bitter....

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

It made me laugh when I went to the MB cocktail party and they stated that they are creating things (including the new leather range) for a younger clientèle. I thought the exact same thing as you.

As for this pen. The trim looks good. I like the groove in the clip. I'm not sure about the flat top at the end of the pen. I wonder if I should buy a rollerball/fineliner in the old style before they stop selling them?

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

The trim looks good. I like the groove in the clip. I'm not sure about the flat top at the end of the pen.

I have to say that the design appeals to me. Unfortunately as the owner of both a first release Starwalker and a Defi it doesn't offer anything new, plus the name turns me off a bit.

About as butt fuggly as the rest of the Starwalker series.

I'm with Jar on this. Never liked the Starwalker range, and this just takes them to a new level of fugg-liness

I'm going to wait to see it in person before I have a full opinion on it, but the picture isn't promising.

... I forgot to mention:

With the Starwalker Extreme, Montblanc introduces an innovative new writing function: the Screenwriter. Its silicon disc provides pen-like precision when drawing, writing or typing on touchscreen devices. The stylus of the screenwriter can easily be exchanged with fineliner and rollerball refills.

appelboompennen.nl

... I forgot to mention:

With the Starwalker Extreme, Montblanc introduces an innovative new writing function: the Screenwriter. Its silicon disc provides pen-like precision when drawing, writing or typing on touchscreen devices. The stylus of the screenwriter can easily be exchanged with fineliner and rollerball refills.

appelboompennen.nl

Yes I saw that and thought the tip looked kind of funky with the disk thingee on the end. Thankfully this SAW Extreme (resin) isn't extremely priced like the Carbon Fiber and Metal Red Gold. I think it's somewhere under $600 USD from an A.D. site but that is the discounted price and not MSRP (Montblanc's Suggested Rip-off Price hahaha just thought of that ;P)

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

Yes I saw that and thought the tip looked kind of funky with the disk thingee on the end. Thankfully this SAW Extreme (resin) isn't extremely priced like the Carbon Fiber and Metal Red Gold. I think it's somewhere under $600 USD from an A.D. site but that is the discounted price and not MSRP (Montblanc's Suggested Rip-off Price hahaha just thought of that ;P)

The "Extreme Steel" costs 1'000 €... (again, appelboompennen.nl).

The "Extreme Steel" costs 1'000 ... (again, appelboompennen.nl).

I bet it does! I'm just glad they made a resin version at half the price. But of course, the steel version has the cooler design lol

When I was in the flagship store and saw these in person, they started at around $495 if I recall correctly. I really liked the extreme it certainly grew on me after I touched and used it . The MSRP was around $890 for the extreme, again this was in the beginning of the month so please don't quote me on the prices. The design is certainly different and for those who were not fans of the starwalker line to begin with you likely still won't enjoy it.

The MSRP was around $890 for the extreme, again this was in the beginning of the month so please don't quote me on the prices.

I wonder what Montblanc is trying to do with these new price levels. Are they trying to raise the brand prestige to compete with... actually, I don't even know who else is up there.

Edited by EclecticCollector