• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuscer

• aussielondon

• jar

• inotrym

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For practical use, Sailor 1911S, but overall, Sailor King of Pen with a King Eagle nib. That pen is amazing, and I can't help but want one after I've been blessed with the opportunity of trying it.

There have been many temporary loves and infatuations, but when it comes to an 'old shoe' pen that I pick up without even thinking, it's the Pelikan M800.

Wahl-Eversharp Doric with adjustable nib

Reasons: _Semi-subjectively one the (if not The) most iconographic Art Deco pen from the Golden Age of FP`s, one of the best designs out there.

_Semi-objectively the Eversharp Adjustable nib (9 different line variations in one nib!!!) represents the pinnacle of FP-nib technology and, while over 80

yrs old, has not been surpassed till today (no one came even close; heck, no one even tried)

(i don`t get the P51`s & Pelikan 800???)

For practical use, Sailor 1911S, but overall, Sailor King of Pen with a King Eagle nib. That pen is amazing, and I can't help but want one after I've been blessed with the opportunity of trying it.

How many different line variations did you get out of it & why is that nib so outstanding (apart from the looks) in yr opinion?

Edited by Polanova

So many to choose from.

I have to give a +1 to the Visconti HS.

+1

Bronze age to be specific...

Sorry, but the well known quality control issues and warranty complications with Viscontis EXCLUDE IMO, ALL their pens from consideration here.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

I got mine perfect out of the box, but I have heard about some QC issues with the Dali.

"It is much more interesting to live life not knowing, than having answers which might be wrong."

"Courage is grace under pressure" ~ Ernest Hemingway

Visconti Opera Elements

"Never Say goodbye, because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting,"

-Peter Pan

Wahl-Eversharp Doric with adjustable nib with any nib in Full Size or larger

Fixed that for ya. Best.Pens.Ever. W/E were really on to something with their nibs of all kinds, not just the adjustable. All of them are just a joy to use.

I wouldn't have included the size qualifier but the models on the smaller end of the range get a bit uncomfortable to use for prolonged periods of writing. Although I do have a Soldier Clip Jr model that comes in at about 4 1/2" capped with a beautiful 1/2 stub signature nib on it that is my absolute favorite pen to jot down a quick note with.

Fair enough. But then again you can still love/admire a pen from afar and consider it the best pen ever designed and produced.

Oh well, I covered both cases, so it's up to FP189! (his topic, his rules B) )

actually, I'm a she :P

Parker Sonnet of course.

Really love the design and even though some can be temperamental I think one of the most Iconic pens of the last three decades.

Brand wise Parker again.

Same here.

Parker Sonnet is my main pen I use every day.

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

Montblanc 146 is my favorite pen of the brands I've tried - Lamy, Jinhao, Pelikan, Montblanc, Parker.

Oops... sorry :blush:

(and to think that I too am a she and always feel weird when submitted to cyber sex reassignment..!! :lol: )

Don't worry about it :)

It's not like you could of known

Vintage Parker Duofold & a demonstrator PFM III ...
one day .. surely!

Opensuse_2.png http://www.gnu.org/graphics/gnubanner-2.png

Looking for: Camlin pens (minus SD/Trinity/Elegante)