Referral For Parker Restoration?

Elle_

I have an older Parker with a cisele finish that came from an estate sale. The pen is missing the ring that holds the nib, and could also use a nice shining. And the nib needs to be smoothed/tuned.

I google Parker restoration and found a link on another FP website to someone who does Parker restoration work but I emailed him this weekend and have not heard back. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thank you!!!

post-114420-0-41446000-1409109415_thumb.jpgpost-114420-0-09651700-1409109460_thumb.jpgpost-114420-0-96713800-1409109472_thumb.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elle_

• my63

• Ernst Bitterman

• Brian K

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like a Parker 75. I have a few pens that need some work and Danny Fudge of thewritepen.net has been suggested to me as the guy for the job.

Grace and Peace are already yours because God is the Creator of all of life and Jesus Christ the Redeemer of each and every life.

That's a 75 just like one my folks gave me in 1976. Last year , a company called Pentiques fixed mine and put it in like new order. Google them. They recently fixed a 1920's Big Red that was my great-grandfather's , too. Price was very reasonable.

I'd shine a light up the cap and check whether the ring is still in there. It would save hunting for parts.

I'll do that, thanks!

A fantastic Parker nice find

Thanks. My mom is an antique dealer, found it, and passed it on. Danny Fudge said he thinks the bottom part looks damaged and he can't fix it, but the guy whose name I got from Fountain Pen Geeks replied yesterday and said he can (for $75, including nib work, $50 without) so I am going to send it to him.

Is there anything special about the Parker 75? It does seem popular but not sure why?

It was Parker's flagship model for many years and the sterling silver cisele finish is very popular will collectors. It's unique to Parker and it's one of their iconic designs.

Parker75.com is a good resource on the 75 as is the article on parkerpens.net:

http://parkerpens.net/parker75.html

Parker: Sonnet Flighter, Rialto Red Metallic Laque, IM Chiseled Gunmetal, Latitude Stainless, 45 Black, Duovac Blue Pearl Striped, 51 Standard Black, Vac Jr. Black, 51 Aero Black, 51 Vac Blue Cedar, Duofold Jr. Lapis, 51 Aero Demi Black, 51 Aero Demi Teal, 51 Aero Navy Gray, Duofold Pastel Moire Violet, Vac Major Golden Brown, Vac Deb. Emerald, 51 Vac Dove Gray, Vac Major Azure, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, 51 Vac Black GF Cap, 51 Forest Green GF cap, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, Duovac Senior Green & Gold, Duovac Deb. Black, Challenger Black, 51 Aero Midnight, Vac. Emerald Jr., Challenger Gray Pearl, 51 Vac Black, Duofold Int. Black, Duofold Jr. Red.

It was Parker's flagship model for many years and the sterling silver cisele finish is very popular will collectors. It's unique to Parker and it's one of their iconic designs.

Parker75.com is a good resource on the 75 as is the article on parkerpens.net:

http://parkerpens.net/parker75.html

Thank you. I appreciate the information.

They came with this cool little wrench that you could make angle adjustments to the nib and feed with, and not get those darn inked hands! The silver ring piece that is missing would have little lines on it to adjust to.

Very cool pen.

Edited by Apothic

www.pen-deco.com