PR 2003 DC Super Show Blue

wimg

Hi all,

While I am still rinsing and flushing my review pens, for 2 days in a row (well, not continuously :D ), I thought I'd put up the review in the mean time.

Page 1 of 4:

pdcssb1-4.jpg

Page 2 of 4:

pdcssb2-4.jpg

Page 3 of 4:

pdcssb3-4.jpg

Page 4 of 4:

pdcssb4-4.jpg

A really nice blue blue, with the caveat that it is a high density ink, and that rinsing it out from pens and converters requires a considerable effort. Speaking from experience here :D.

In case you have been wondering whenever this mad guy is going to stop with these long ink reviews, well, it depends on you. Just let me know if and when you've had enough. I have a few more blues lined up, including a few lesser known ones. Actually, one of them is next, because I think it rinses out more easily, and I can do with a little break after the ink reviewed here :lol:.

If you have had enough of blues for a litle while, I also have several greens, reds, browns, burgundies, blacks and blue blacks on offer. Just let me know.

Warm regards, Wim

Edited by wimg
fixed links

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• Roger

• Garageboy

• Ann Finley

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Wim,

I've really been enjoying these reviews. I'd love to see some Burgundy inks reviewed when you get a moment :D

Kind regards,

Karin :bunny1:

Fountain Pen Abundance

If you have had enough of blues for a litle while, I also have several greens, reds, browns, burgundies, blacks and blue blacks on offer. Just let me know.

Bring 'em on, Wim. Everything is new to me. Of course, I risk boring the seasoned subscribers. :(

Eventually, I'll get some experience with several inks that are now just in the thinking stage. 'Somedai' (that's somgai's someday) I'll be in a position to feel my way through some scans of my own to post.

Roger

Southern Arizona, USA

Fountain Pen Talk Mailing List

Bring 'em on, Wim. Everything is new to me. Of course, I risk boring the seasoned subscribers. :(

heck no. I use DC Blue regularly, love the stuff. But still love the reviews and samples. Addicts like me.... don't need a different buzz, just a stronger one. :)

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Wim,

Keep it up! I'm thoroughly enjoying the blues reviews, but I'd enjoy any of the other colors too. Thanks for all the hard work and sharing it with us.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Hi all,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Didn't really know whether I was going a little overboard, but it looks like you're all about as mad as I am after all :D. So, I'll continue this, slowly, but surely.

Most of the work is in the rinsing and flushing of pens. Some are clean of DC 2003 now, but the ebonite feeds are a little harder. Those have had 4 rinses and flushes, and on their third tissue set, and still a teensie little blue coming out... :D

Looks like the 5th rinse and flush will do the trick, though.

Since I had planned the next blue ink already, I'll continue with that, but then will try a different colour, before going back to blue again :D. After all, a little break is fine, but I had all the blues lined up :lol:.

Warmest regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Hi Wim,

Great review..and please do keep 'em coming! :)

Ink newbie that I am, I realize the time it takes to do these wonderful hand-written reviews like Wim's, then photograph them, then host them... I'm sorry if I have neglected to thank everyone in the past for posting their ink reviews, so I wanted to do so now.

Thank you very much!

--Maja

PS. If I had my choice of future ink reviews (after Wim's blues, since they are next in line ;) ), I would do red/burgundy inks.

Ink newbie that I am, I realize the time it takes to do these wonderful hand-written reviews like Wim's, then photograph them, then host them... I'm sorry if I have neglected to thank everyone in the past for posting their ink reviews, so I wanted to do so now.

Count me in on the kudos to those do do all this work, also, Maja. Their value to a newbie, like me, is inestimable. They put me on the fast track in roughing out the areas that strike my fancy, be it pens, ink, dealers...you name it.

I hope that down the road I can be of help to some in a similar manner.

Roger

Southern Arizona, USA

Hi Maja, Roger,

Thanks to you too, for the nice words. I was just trying to make sure that I wasn't boring anybody yet with my interminable ink reviews. It is a lot of fun doing them, for me at least :D. More play time, after all :D.

And Roger, I'm pretty sure you will be able to do something in a similar manner. Just get an ink we have or don't have yet, scribble something down indicating your opinion of the ink or pen or combination, scan it, host it, and link it here. Great fun!

Or maybe write a pen review, or a little story or poem for the Just Write forum, those are possibilities too.

Warmest regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Wim, I never get bored with ink reviews--and wouldn't even if several people did a review on the same ink! Keep 'em comin' & thanks!

:D Ann

I LOVE this stuff, but I only use it on pens that I can clear out. I just designate my Hero 331 to it. (soon to be a Lamy Safari in Med)

And Roger, I'm pretty sure you will be able to do something in a similar manner. Just get an ink we have or don't have yet, scribble something down indicating your opinion of the ink or pen or combination, scan it, host it, and link it here. Great fun!

Yep, I can handle that, Wim. I just now scanned a test sheet, sized it, stored it at my website and then was able to IMG it to a post here. It previewed fine, so I canceled out.

Now, when my jars, droppers etc. arrive from specialtybottle.com, and the ink that I've ordered from Pendemonium comes in, I'll be set to make a couple of 'witches brews' and show you the weird results. :lol: It's tough, but fun, being a newbie!

Roger

Southern Arizona, USA

Hi Roger,

Yep, I can handle that, Wim. I just now scanned a test sheet, sized it, stored it at my website and then was able to IMG it to a post here. It previewed fine, so I canceled out.

Now, when my jars, droppers etc. arrive from specialtybottle.com, and the ink that I've ordered from Pendemonium comes in, I'll be set to make a couple of 'witches brews' and show you the weird results.  :lol: It's tough, but fun, being a newbie!

As long as its fun, it's fine! :lol:

Warm regards, the mad man from across the pond

the Mad Dutchman

Hi Leo,

Thank you for the kind words!

It took me some time, but I fiddled a little with the settings of my HP scanner to get it right. In the end, I adjusted the highlights to a lower value, so they were more conform the actual paper colour. And I adjusted colour to 100, which was set a little higher as well, originally (I think the value was 102).

The combination of the two just did the trick. The paper I use is o so slightly yellow, and now it comes out exactly the way it is in reality, on my screen and printer anyway.

The problem with many scanners is they are adjusted to be too bright.

Oh, I scan at 300 dpi, 16.7 M colour jpeg, upside down. I rotate the image in PSP, and resize the image to 25%, which will give you 1/16 th of the original size, without losing too much quality on screen anyway.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman