Shameless Begging On Behalf Of Some Young Beginners

knappinman

So I am a Junior High Teacher (7th, 8th and 9th Graders) I have had so many students who have loved and borrowed and eventually bought fountain pens, and the students got together last year and formed a club for which naturally I volunteered to be an advisor. One of the things I would like to do is let them try out different inks but I do not have a budget unless I charge a fee which would eliminate some of the students from being able to participate. I know it is presumptuous of me and again shameless begging but would anyone be willing to donate inks that are out of their rotation. I am going to buy them at my expense, a bottle of hero ink as I think I can swing that but I would like them to be able to try some of the different colors of ink. Any suggestions on possible ways that I could procure them ink would be grand, We will be making Iron gall ink and quill pens as well as I already have supplies for this but any suggestions or recommendations would also be welcome. I will be sharing my personal stash as well but it is fairly limited to just a couple of different Noodle's blues. We will not be meeting formally until the end of September or October. I hope you will forgive me for this begging.

Thanks

Jason in Utah

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• knappinman

• amberleadavis

• BillZ

• dcpritch

Hi Jason,

I'd be more than happy to help out. I have a few bottles I could send you - please shoot me a PM with your address and I'll get them on the way.

Cheers, DAVID

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Jason- where in Utah are you at? Please send me a PM, or email me at sidss1(AT)gmail.com

I have a batch of iron gall ink that I made from scratch 6-7 years ago. Send me a PM with address and I will send some out to you. I also have some other goodies that I may be willing to send your way including a set of pigments that I made from the raw materials while studying with a medieval calligrapher.

Jason,

I have 4 Bottles of nearly full Noodler's I would be willing to contribute, in exchange for a handwritten letter from one or more of the club members (not a thank you...a letter about anything).

PM me.

--Dale

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog | My Creative Writing Blog | My Heraldry Designs

http://dcroe05.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/crestdr.png?w=100

I have one or two bottles of ink that I'd be happy to send along. Please PM your address.

the people on this forum are just great!! Instead of PM ing each of you I will just post the address of the school. If you have a request like a letter (Dale) or something like that just put it in the package and I will gladly oblige. I plan on setting up a filling station in my classroom for students to use with all of the necessary stuff and cover it with newspaper so they can fill in between classes. We are also getting Pilot Varsities in the school supply store. I already met several students walking the halls and they are soooooo excited. This is going to be fun. The English teachers are in heaven because they have never had students enjoy writing so much! We also had a number of students improve their handwriting by leaps and bounds because of the fountain pens. It really has been a very positive experience for the students and Thank you all for your willingness to help some excited kids get into this.

Legacy Jr. High C/O Jason Vilos

411 N. 3200 W.
Layton, UT 84041

We won't be official until late September but we should have our first meeting earlier (in a few weeks) once things calm down. The first official day of school is this coming Monday.

Thanks again!!

I also plan on posting some pictures of the students having some fun writing and learning to clean and ink their pens.

I'm just a few miles north of you, and would love to help. I have quite a few Goulet samples that I'll never use, and I'd be happy to donate them, if they would be useful. I also have a small but growing collection, and I could probably bring them to one of your club meetings if you thought that would be helpful. PM me if it sounds like something you'd be interested in.

Boxed up a four-pack and shipped them out this afternoon. Have fun!

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Jason

I will box some inks for your students and mail

to Legacy Jr. High C/O Jason Vilos

411 N. 3200 W.
Layton, UT 84041

Regards

Fred

Redacting: Full bottles of Noodler's..Shah's Rose..

Polar Blue..Kiowa Pecan..and Legal Lapis are boxed

and will be in the local post office Friday..August 22..

on the way to you..........nineteenfortysix

Edited by Freddy

Shameless ! Absolutely shameless ! :bunny01:

Search for bargains, but beware. Fountain pen ink ONLY, in fountain pens.

Some Noodler's inks come in 4.5 ounce bottles. Good value.

Some businesses may help your project, as well. Please let us know who they are. ;)

Glad to put in my two cents.

S.R.P.I.D.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Inks and a few goodies, boxed up and will go out tomorrow.

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog | My Creative Writing Blog | My Heraldry Designs

http://dcroe05.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/crestdr.png?w=100

Shameless ! Absolutely shameless ! :bunny01:

Search for bargains, but beware. Fountain pen ink ONLY, in fountain pens.

Some Noodler's inks come in 4.5 ounce bottles. Good value.

Some businesses may help your project, as well. Please let us know who they are. ;)

Glad to put in my two cents.

S.R.P.I.D.

Thanks for the advice and I have already had a kid bring me a completely clogged feed full of India Ink, he had just put it in there that morning and it was still wet enough to get out of the feed and clean out with a toothbrush! We will be doing some dip pen stuff as well just to round out their experience.

I absolutely will let you know if any businesses help me out so that you can patronize. It is good to reward companies for helping.

Hello Jason:

Please email me - I will gladly send some pens and inks.

Best

Moorthi

I sent you a PM Thanks

I'm just a few miles north of you, and would love to help. I have quite a few Goulet samples that I'll never use, and I'd be happy to donate them, if they would be useful. I also have a small but growing collection, and I could probably bring them to one of your club meetings if you thought that would be helpful. PM me if it sounds like something you'd be interested in.

YES! I sent you a PM and will let you know once we are meeting regularly Thanks a bunch

WOW! You guys really are awesome. I am actually quite humbled by this response and feeling pretty good about this experience!! Thanks again all of you for your offers and suggestions.

Oh and somewhere around here I have a little trick for refilling varsities.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Oh and somewhere around here I have a little trick for refilling varsities.

yes you do I saw it it is great but I haven't tried it yet.