I May Have To Turn In My Man Card

DaveBj

I just received a 7-pack of Pilot Varsities with various colors of ink, and one of them is pink :yikes:

Until you ink a pen, it is merely a pretty stick. --UK Mike

My arsenal, in order of acquisition: Sailor 21 Pocket Pen M, Cross Solo M, Online Calligraphy, Monteverde Invincia F, Hero 359 M, Jinhao X450 M, Levenger True Writer M, Jinhao 159 M, Platinum Balance F, TWSBI Classic 1.1 stub, Platinum Preppy 0.3 F, 7 Pilot Varsity M disposables refillables, Speedball penholder, TWSBI 580 USA EF, Pilot MR, Noodler's Ahab 1.1 stub, another Preppy 0.3, Preppy EF 0.2, ASA Sniper F, Click Majestic F, Kaweco Sport M, Pilot Prera F, Baoer 79 M (fake Starwalker), Hero 616 M (fake Parker), Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands M . . .

31 and counting :D

DaveBj

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• TXKat

• DaveBj

• Charles Rice

You might want to:

A) PIF it

B) give it to member Charles Rice

C) keep it and accept your inner pink

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Pink isn't necessarilty girlie unless you are in conflict with your femanine side!! :P

So, what's your point?

(Mine is a flexible F.)

Industrialist Henry J Kaiser had a color named after him Kaiser Pink.

A bunch of his business/industrial stuff was painted in a pink color; cement mixers, hotel catamarans, etc.

And yes this is the same guy whos company started the Kaiser Permanente medical system.

I read some place that back in the 1800 or so, the boy/girl colors were the other way

boy = pink

girl = blue

Supposedly because the male could handle the intensity of the pink color.

Then some place along the way it was reversed to todays interpretation of

boy = blue

girl = pink

Edited by ac12

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

You might want to:

A) PIF it

B) give it to member Charles Rice

:lticaptd:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Use it to write love letters to your wife, girl friend, etc.

if you have a daughter, write to her, too.

I personally don't believe in the gender specifics of any ink. A lot of women could be called "Butch" for using black or blue ink, but that doesn't happen. Societal norms be damned! Use what you want!

Fair winds and following seas.

Industrialist Henry J Kaiser had a color named after him Kaiser Pink.

A bunch of his business/industrial stuff was painted in a pink color; cement mixers, hotel catamarans, etc.

And yes this is the same guy whos company started the Kaiser Permanente medical system.

I read some place that back in the 1800 or so, the boy/girl colors were the other way

boy = pink

girl = blue

Supposedly because the male could handle the intensity of the pink color.

Then some place along the way it was reversed to todays interpretation of

boy = blue

girl = pink

Not just that back then either gender wore either color. Hell even little boys were given skirts to wear.

#Nope

Hello Dave,

You could offer it to your girlfriend; that is, if she hasn't already walked out on you for buying a pink pen. :rolleyes:

Best regards,

Chris

PS: Just for the record, my father had been a Green Beret; a graduate of the Citadel; and earned two bronze stars and one silver star in World War II and Korea - his favorite outfit: a black suit with a pink tie and handkerchief. :)

Edited by LamyOne

- He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood abideth in me; and I in him. (JN 6:57)

- "A woman clothed in the sun," (REV 12.1); The Sun Danced at Fatima, Portugal; October 13, 1917.

- Thank you Blessed Mother and St. Jude for Graces and Blessings obtained from Our Lord.

Options for your pink pen:

1. Use it. Own it. Love it. It's fabulous.

2. Give it to your favorite female.

3. Throw it away. Pilot Varsities are cheap.

Don't throw it out. If you want to get rid of it leave it somewhere public (library, bank counter, etc.) for someone else to discover.

If I could convert my granddaughter to a FPer, I'd give it to her. And the purple one -- her favorite color is purple. I wrote her a birthday letter in Diamine Violet and talked about FPs, but haven't heard anything back.

Until you ink a pen, it is merely a pretty stick. --UK Mike

My arsenal, in order of acquisition: Sailor 21 Pocket Pen M, Cross Solo M, Online Calligraphy, Monteverde Invincia F, Hero 359 M, Jinhao X450 M, Levenger True Writer M, Jinhao 159 M, Platinum Balance F, TWSBI Classic 1.1 stub, Platinum Preppy 0.3 F, 7 Pilot Varsity M disposables refillables, Speedball penholder, TWSBI 580 USA EF, Pilot MR, Noodler's Ahab 1.1 stub, another Preppy 0.3, Preppy EF 0.2, ASA Sniper F, Click Majestic F, Kaweco Sport M, Pilot Prera F, Baoer 79 M (fake Starwalker), Hero 616 M (fake Parker), Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands M . . .

31 and counting :D

DaveBj

I would bury it, in the middle of a cloudy night. But then it might be found and the conjectures would never cease: "Granpa Dave had a... Pink ink! Buried in the garden!" (Insert dramatic music here).

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Don't think of it as pink, think of it as salmon. That's a nice manly name for a color. ;)

"Don't be humble, you're not that great." Golda Meir