Homo Sapiens Bronze Oxidation

Nick13

Hello everybody,

I've had my Homo Sapiens for about 6 months now, I never cleaned the tarnish on any of the trimmings because I started to like them, but today I saw a couple pictures of some pens that were not tarnished, and I got jealous, so I decided I wanted to clean the bronze parts.

I went to the cloth provided with the pen, and realized that the instructions were a bit screwy on mine, so using the best of my logic decided to dampen the cloth and rub the bronze parts, problem is, I don't see much of the tarnish going away, so does anybody have an efficient or fast method of cleaning the tarnish?

Thank you in advance,

Nick

"It is much more interesting to live life not knowing, than having answers which might be wrong."

"Courage is grace under pressure" ~ Ernest Hemingway

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nick13

• Algester

• dduran

• Dutchess

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, so besides using the given instructions, there is no alternative way to eliminate the patina?

"It is much more interesting to live life not knowing, than having answers which might be wrong."

1. There's nothing to replate, the entire trim is made of bronze (well according to Visconti's spiel), you just have to polish it off

2. Don't wet/dampen the cloth included, you'll just wash off the polishing material embedded in the cloth

3. Use a silver/polishing cloth-- try Sunshine Polishing Cloth, works like a charm and will return the bronze color to new

sanding and then replating... other than that I'm not sure...

What made you conclude you have to sand and replate it?

Edited by dduran

1. There's nothing to replate, the entire trim is made of bronze (well according to Visconti's spiel), you just have to polish it off

2. Don't wet/dampen the cloth included, you'll just wash off the polishing material embedded in the cloth

3. Use a silver/polishing cloth-- try Sunshine Polishing Cloth, works like a charm and will return the bronze color to new

What made you conclude you have to sand and replate it?

I personaly not sure on the specs on the visconti website holds true... and actually how patina works :X as I know sometimes patina can creep deep with certain metals but I could be really be mistaken

Man, I wish I could develop some patina on my HS -- apparently my skin oil/sweat is not conducive to making it happen.

Man, I wish I could develop some patina on my HS -- apparently my skin oil/sweat is not conducive to making it happen.

Well then! maybe we should switch :P

I think your problem is with your climate. While in Santa Fe, New Mexico, my pen didn't develop its patina at all. When I moved back to Seattle, my pen, in short time, began to oxidize.

What Would The Flying Spaghetti Monster Do?

Some leather cases/bags that has been treated with a certain chemical (not sure, others might be able to chime in) can develop patina in days.

I've seen it happen with HS Bronze, sterling silver, Toledo, and other gold trims with my FC Penvelop 6 case.. I actually love it, have a place to store my pens when I need to have them "aged"