Super P-21 Version 2 Cap Clutch Finger Question

OcalaFlGuy

I just got a really clean Red one but I'd like the cap to hold on a hair snugger.

It has the "open" fingers where the rounded individual end of each of the 4 of them is staring right at me, out in the open there.

Can I carefully stick say a thin, sharp pen knife blade tip just under 2 opposing fingers just enough to raise them each up a micro-hair or will that mess things up? Yes, I realize that Too Much is Bad News here. [EDIT] IF I were to try this, I realize that just sticking the knife tip under the finger alone may raise it enough. I 'd of course, check the fit after doing that before even Lifting the finger Any. I only need the cap a Bit snugger.

Thoughts, advice, please?

Bruce in Ocala, Fl-asking Before I fly it into the mountain and kill everyone on it ;)

Edited by OcalaFlGuy

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OcalaFlGuy

• FarmBoy

• Flounder

• Hooker56

Top Posters In This Topic

How's the 21 cap put together? If you can get the open clutch out, I would have thought the opposite would give the fingers more tension - give them a tighter curve outwards at the end, so the apex of their arch is further away from the outer cap wall.

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

Yes you can do as you describe. I usually try to take the cap apart and clean it and adjust the clutch while out.

What you don't want to do is lift the fingers so much the tips are floating above the cap. Sometimes the bend is compound .

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

I still have bouts of post traumatic syndrome from my 1st and only 51 cap disassembly.

I'm really Not ready for an instant replay with a 21 cap since I can find ZERO Anywhere about How that cap is put together.

This is gone to the back burner for now.

Though this pen appears nearly NOS, it is one of those problem children similar to those TeriM had at one time.

I've taken it apart and sonicated it into the next galaxy. I still cannot get the nib and feed out of the collector. The latest info from Teri indicates lack of tine gap ended up being the real issue with the problem children Not the issue that she and I both tried to cure with extreme sonication.

I'm pretty much PO'd at it at the moment.

When I calm down some, I'll work on the tine gap which I frankly Suck At then maybe have a very light go at raising the fingers a micro-hair.

Thanks FB.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Maybe, just maybe, Bruce,

It's time to go for a ride...get up to about 120 on that bullet of yours and launch the pen....

Zen satisfaction on many levels! (Here's where I need the Biker emoticon).

Wind in your hair,

Clayton

"Not a Hooker Hooker, but rather a left-handed overwriter."