Pelikan 205 Fountain Pen At 50% Off

PenChalet

Taupe here too--Can't decide on a suitable ink for a taupe pen with a fairly big ink window, though...

Visconti Blue or Diamine Majestic Blue are my 2 faves for this pen

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FayeV

• Lou Erickson

• ink-syringe

• Kuscer

(J. Herbin Lie de The) iffin, you know, hypothetically ...

or ... Monteblanc Toffee Brown ...

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

I'm surprised to see so many mentions of Taupe.

This color did not speak to me the way the Red and White did. The Black is nice also, but do I really need yet another black (German) pen???

Am I missing something?

I guess it must look must look better seen in real life.

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

I inked my white M up tonight with Noodler's Fox Red, and really like the pen. Medium is a good size for me, and it writes very smoothly. Light and easy to hold.

Considering a B to have ground to a stub.

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts

The best Pelikan deal Pen Chalet has is for the Everest, IMO. I jumped on that last month - lovely pen and a steal at that price.

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

Squeee!!! Mine arrived today. It looks more "orangy" red than I expected. Still a lovely pen. The size is perfect for my petite hands. It is about the size of my Esterbrook LJ. Now to decide which ink to fill it with ... red pen, hmmm... which color ink?

. . . filled it with J. Herbin Vert Olive. I really like this! The M200/205 is feeling like the gateway drug to higher end Pelikans...

Edited by FayeV

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

Ours arrived today; white for her, black for me, both EF nibs. She got the better nib swapped to her pen, I'll probably send my nib back for a better EF example. First Pelikan for either of us.

Ours arrived today; white for her, black for me, both EF nibs. She got the better nib swapped to her pen, I'll probably send my nib back for a better EF example. First Pelikan for either of us.

That's cute ... His & Hers Pelikans. :)

The red one was also a first Pelikan for me.

I liked it so much that I impulsively bought a white (F) and taupe (EF) which should arrive tomorrow. Woot! :D

I put red ink in my white one... and it is a lovely pen. I think FayeV is right, they're a gateway pen. The 400 series is the same size, but the 600 just a little bigger... I have a green striped 140... and this white one... and maybe I'll need a blue 600... :)

Very nice pens, at a great price.

I'm also thinking about a Binder nib for it.

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts

I'm surprised to see so many mentions of Taupe.

This color did not speak to me the way the Red and White did. The Black is nice also, but do I really need yet another black (German) pen???

Am I missing something?

I guess it must look must look better seen in real life.

I think what appealed to me about the taupe is that it's such an uncommon color. I have tons of pens in white or black, and even red is easy to find...but taupe is not something you see every day, and it's unlike any other color in my collection. It's a nice neutral color, classy and professional, and I think it looks particularly nice with the shiny rhodium trim on my 205.

I'm really happy with the taupe as well. It's a great neutral colour and not something I see often in pens, plus the rhodium trim is perfect. I like taupe + rhodium better than black or red or white with rhodium. Rohrer & Klinger Sepia is a nice match for the pen, also!

I just flushed the white one and filled it with J. Herbin Rose Cyclamen. It just makes me smile when I see this bright pink color coming out of a white pen. :) I didn't think of red, maybe I'll refill it with red after I finish with the pink. The F nib on this white pen is much smoother than the EF nib on the red one.

I just ran out of ink in the red one. I haven't decided whether I want to go the lazy route and refill with J. Herbin Vert Olive. Or to clean it and try a different color. I'm not sure what color would look neat flowing out of a red pen. Certainly not pink.

I have to agree with you that taupe is an unusual color. I haven't flushed the taupe one yet. Hmmm I don't own any brown colored inks... yet.

Hmmm I don't own any brown colored inks... yet.

J. Herbins Lie de The

:eureka:

Looking for a cap for a Sheaffer Touchdown Sentinel Deluxe Fat version

J. Herbins Lie de The

:eureka:

I've got that on my list of inks to try. I keep reading good things about it. :)

Well, I finally got around to flushing the Taupe pen and I filled it up with Rohrer & Klingner Konigsblau (blue). The EF nib on the Taupe pen feels really nice, much nicer than the EF nib on the Red pen (which at some times gives me that "fingernails on chalkboard" feeling). The Taupe color is beautiful. Right now the Red one is filled with Rohrer & Klingner Smaragdgrun (green).

I was wondering ... do I need to worry about the staining on the White pen?

The reason I ask is that I got some bright pink J. Herbin Rose Cyclamen inside the cap, which in turn transferred bright pink ink onto the section, onto the white part on both sides of the ink window. I wiped it off. But I wonder if the white will pick up ink stains over time that may never come out. I never really think about ink inside the cap because I don't see it on darker pens. I guess this must be why black pens are popular.

Taupe here too--(thought I'd be in the minority with that selection)... Can't decide on a suitable ink for a taupe pen with a fairly big ink window, though...Diamine Green-Black, maybe...? Other suggestions...?

Couldn't pass up on that Pilot Knight deal either...

maybe a light shade of sepia? depends on what kind of writing you'll be doing.

I think what appealed to me about the taupe is that it's such an uncommon color. I have tons of pens in white or black, and even red is easy to find...but taupe is not something you see every day, and it's unlike any other color in my collection. It's a nice neutral color, classy and professional, and I think it looks particularly nice with the shiny rhodium trim on my 205.

same here. the black would look nicer with a gold trim, though.

Edited by FP189