Need Help With Mont Blanc

anotherasianjoe

Hello all, i'm Joe.W, absolutely new in pens and i do not know anything about pens but i'm much humble to learn from you all here.

Recently i flew back to Australia (currently working in Bangkok) and found a "long-lost" Mont Blanc Meisterstuckpen Ballpoint (at least my family and i believed so for decades) that belongs to my dad.

My dad's birthday is 2nd of Sept and which is half a month from now and i thought of getting this baby repaired and give it to him as b-day gift.

My dad and i seldom talk since i was little, but i do believe we care each other very much is just sometimes traditional chinese man would be more conservative and keep everything to himself; but i knew this pen meant so much to him.

Dear all experts out there, i'm happy but yet sad at the same time to see there are fading marks on the gold plated area on the pen, therefore i hope to get some suggestions from you all.

Please see attached pictures ~~~

Looking forward to hear from you all soon !

Cheers mate ~~~~~~~

Edited by anotherasianjoe

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anotherasianjoe

• chunya

• Chrissy

• TLMG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You could send it to a restorer to fix, but that will take time.

I will suggest perhaps getting the 3-step Pen Polish (you can get more info on it in MB forum) to polish the body yourself, and seeing if a jeweller will polish the cap for you.

Your dad will appreciate the gesture, I am sure :)

Edited by de_pen_dent

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

You could send it to a restorer to fix, but that will take time.

I will suggest perhaps getting the 3-step Pen Polish (you can get more info on it in MB forum) to polish the body yourself, and seeing if a jeweller will polish the cap for you.

Your dad will appreciate the gesture, I am sure :)

very much appreciated de_pen_dent, i will look around on the forum ~

:)

Just hope i could i get it fixed before his bday

Cheers mate

Hard to tel from the photos, but if the cap is silver with gold plate and the darker areas are plate loss,then it will need a little more than just a polish. If it is just silver, then that tarnish will easily be polished out.

Good luck and a lovely gesture.

Hard to tel from the photos, but if the cap is silver with gold plate and the darker areas are plate loss,then it will need a little more than just a polish. If it is just silver, then that tarnish will easily be polished out.

Good luck and a lovely gesture.

Hello Chunya, thanks for your reply. I just have a look on the pen, and i believe it is silver with gold plated on.

I'm quite surprised to see the bottom part of the cap (i assume tht is known as cap) turning blue black.

Honestly i have no clue how to fix this beauty.

please see next following cropped picture for a close up.

Google 'Montblanc burgundy solitaire doue rollerball'

did some google just now and found it on ebay, i think should be "meisterstuck 925 roller ball". Anyway many thanks ~

Care if i ask is this pen rare?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MONTBLANC-MEISTERSTUCK-925-Rollerball-Pen-/321312708151?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4acfbad637

Edited by anotherasianjoe

I think your pen is actually much more rare than the one linked because you have the burgundy version instead of the black version. If the cap is solid gold, then we are talking much more rare-- and MUCH more valuable!

Montblanc Pen PolishFountain Pen Flush

I think your pen is actually much more rare than the one linked because you have the burgundy version instead of the black version. If the cap is solid gold, then we are talking much more rare-- and MUCH more valuable!

TLMG, do you suggest i should send this baby to MB to get it restore? since i'm worried i might screw it up ~~~~

had a discussion with my wife lastnight and we both agreed the chances for me to spoil this baby is higher than restoring it myself ~

It isn't solid gold. If it had been it wouldn't look like that. It's either silver (the snowcap top is clearly silver) or vermeil which is GP over silver. Mb didn't make a bordeaux RB with a solid gold cap

OP have a look on the smooth engraving panel to see if there is a .925 stamp. That shows it's silver rather than plated metal.

To start with I would try cleaning it with a simple silver cloth, but don't rub too hard.

Quote" Google 'Montblanc burgundy solitaire doue rollerball'"

Technically it's not called burgundy. It's called bordeaux. Although I'm sure that looking up burgundy will find some.

Edited by Chrissy

TLMG, do you suggest i should send this baby to MB to get it restore? since i'm worried i might screw it up ~~~~

had a discussion with my wife lastnight and we both agreed the chances for me to spoil this baby is higher than restoring it myself ~

All you need to do is to clean the cap with a silver cloth if it's silver (.925 stamp). Even if it's vermeil on top of silver (.925 mark will still be there), that might also be all you need to do.

You could give the resin a light wipe over with the cloth too.

Then you need to buy a new Mb rollerball refill, and it will be done.

All you need to do is to clean the cap with a silver cloth if it's silver (.925 stamp). Even if it's vermeil on top of silver (.925 mark will still be there), that might also be all you need to do.

You could give the resin a light wipe over with the cloth too.

Then you need to buy a new Mb rollerball refill, and it will be done.

Hello Chrissy, many thanks for your comment and help ~~~ i think should be vermeil, anyway it does has a .925 on the cap with 2 alphabets below .925 but i really cant see it without any magnifying glass.

i did some googling with both Bordeaux and burgundy but they turned out to be quite different from what i have in hand, anyway it doesn't really matter about the rarity since my main focus is to restore this beauty in time ~

By the way, really appreciate all the help and suggestion here Chrissy.

Been googling beautiful MB fountain pen and recalled my dad used to have a few MB pens with stones on until some robbers broke into our bank safe and everything gone ~~~~~

haha only left this red beauty ... i bet those robbers were experienced robbers

lol

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful. I am sure your dad will be pleased. I appreciate gifts that take thought and effort rather than just purchasing something. I hope he feels the same.

Hey Joe!

Thanks for posting those pictures. I have seen great results on trim but had never actually used it on a full trim parts. Obviously it works... LOL!

Montblanc Pen PolishFountain Pen Flush