2015 Hobonichi Planner To Be Released Soon

wikeh2004

Thanks for all the information about the Hobonichi roll-out! I'll also wait until the dust from the initial rush settles. I only need the planner itself since I bought one of their leather covers last year (really nice, great feel to the soft leather). This year's Hobonichi is my first experience with daily entry writing, and I like it a great deal. It's useful and satisfying to create a record of what went on, what I accomplished (or didn't) each day. Not detailed journal entries, just the important events and sometimes a few words of commentary. The A6 format seemed too small at first glance, but has turned out to be perfect given the way I use it.

David

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wikeh2004

• de_pen_dent

• cancoi

• choijanggun

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The website is taking orders (as of 10:20 p.m. DST). It took awhile to be able to add the items to my cart.

Ordered mine last night and the Onett planner sold out in like a minute, so I've been on Etsy and have found a cover that I really like that's like a bound book....or I'll washi tape the thing.

@wikeh2004: That Hobonichi notebook doesn't have Tomoe River paper--it's stated on the page that it uses woodfree uncoated paper.

SUPER excited about this going on sale tomorrow. I've been putting off buying one for years (don't know how I resisted) but now that I'm back to regularly using a planner/journal I think it's high time to buy one. Shame I missed out on last year's covers, though--Robin's Egg isn't available anymore. =.=

I'm glad they're making a weekly diary in the A6 size available for purchase--and with Tomoe River paper too! I'll probably be using that weekly diary as the planner and then using the techo itself as my journal.

Actually @chojijanggun it is made with Tomoe River Paper and it's listed in the section regarding writing on it with fountain pens: http://www.1101.com/store/techo/2015/planner/detail_cover/c_hpr.html

Ordered mine last night and the Onett planner sold out in like a minute, so I've been on Etsy and have found a cover that I really like that's like a bound book....or I'll washi tape the thing.

The Onett is back in stock. I just placed my order. Whee!

Actually @chojijanggun it is made with Tomoe River Paper and it's listed in the section regarding writing on it with fountain pens: http://www.1101.com/store/techo/2015/planner/detail_cover/c_hpr.html

wikeh2004 was asking about the Hobonichi Papers notebook that's one of the accessories they're selling on the site (see here), which is made of woodfree uncoated paper, and that's what I was referring to. But yes, all the journal sizes they have (Original, the English version, Cousin, and Weeks) make use of Tomoe River Paper.

I bought my techo and cover (and quite a number of extra stuff!) with not a lot of difficulties last night. There was a few minutes of hiccups here and there and the cart wouldn't show up, so I switched to the Japanese website. After pressing F5 again, the add to cart button was already there! The Onett cover sold out really quickly!

Can't wait to get my hands on my techo!

Did anyone else notice that the website has a warning about the Tomoe River paper and the use of fountain pens?

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

Did anyone else notice that the website has a warning about the Tomoe River paper and the use of fountain pens?

I did. I hope they didnt change the paper and just added that for those who don't know about ink dry time/don't use blotter paper

I did. I hope they didnt change the paper and just added that for those who don't know about ink dry time/don't use blotter paper

I hope so too. Cos the non-Tomoe River stuff doesnt have that warning - and after that other thread about the non-FP-friendly TR paper, I'd have to find that this year's planner is using the cheaper quality stuff!

They had that " advisory warning" on their website last year too.

Oh cool. That's a relief. I just ordered one of these after reading all the positive comments on FPN. Look forward to it.

wikeh2004 was asking about the Hobonichi Papers notebook that's one of the accessories they're selling on the site (see here), which is made of woodfree uncoated paper, and that's what I was referring to. But yes, all the journal sizes they have (Original, the English version, Cousin, and Weeks) make use of Tomoe River Paper.

I bought my techo and cover (and quite a number of extra stuff!) with not a lot of difficulties last night. There was a few minutes of hiccups here and there and the cart wouldn't show up, so I switched to the Japanese website. After pressing F5 again, the add to cart button was already there! The Onett cover sold out really quickly!

Can't wait to get my hands on my techo!

AHHH...I see. I was just rereading the thread and saw the one word my eyes skipped over.

I bought an arts and science right at the opening. Last year I bought the original and a leather natural cover. The [paper is Tomoe and the leather work is excellent. They do an outstanding job it is a superior product. They communicate very well and glitch at the opening in the scheme of things is pretty minor. I love their work.....

Best

I'm so glad I saw this while searching for "tomoe"! I'm a planner freak and have been using Rhodia planners because of their FP-friendly paper, but I'm not especially fond of their format. I just ordered a Techno for 2015 with no cover -- I'm pretty gentle with things so I hope no cover is ok. Now let's see how long it takes to get halfway around the planet!

Just ordered a Techo with a Navy cover. This is my first one, but after seeing the reviews, I've got high hopes.

-Drew

Edited by Hardcase

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o715/drew_dunn1/Clan-MacNeil-Buaidh-No-Bas-Victory-or-Death_zps051b46b5.jpg

Can someone confirm the pricing on this? It seems that the planner is around $25 USD, but the leather cover is close to $300? That seems a bit extreme...

Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers ~ Voltaire

The planner is about $25, yes, but there are more than one leather covers, some by designers and others that are just plain leather covers. The plain leather covers, in Black, Blue et al, run about $60-80

The planner is about $25, yes, but there are more than one leather covers, some by designers and others that are just plain leather covers. The plain leather covers, in Black, Blue et al, run about $60-80

Okay. That makes much more sense. I'm all for quality leather (love Saddleback leather), but the $300 price tag seemed a bit excessive!

Thanks! These planners look interesting...

Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers ~ Voltaire

Okay. That makes much more sense. I'm all for quality leather (love Saddleback leather), but the $300 price tag seemed a bit excessive!

Thanks! These planners look interesting...

I thought the same thing when I looked at the online store. It takes a little digging to get to the other covers. I think that the planner + plain cover ran about $57.00 shipped to the US.

-Drew

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o715/drew_dunn1/Clan-MacNeil-Buaidh-No-Bas-Victory-or-Death_zps051b46b5.jpg

Hobonichi calls the English version of the Techo, Hobonichi Planner. The Japanese version is called Hobonichi Techo 'Original'. They note that covers for the 'Original' fit the English version, and vice-versa. Same A6 size. The costs of the covers vary widely, because some are designer covers. They even have one covered in faux fur!

The larger A5 size Techo Cousin is available only in Japanese. I got to try one because a friend of mine had a 2013 version that was never used and gave it to me. (Mahalo, CastleGem!!) I like the larger size, but unfortunately it's not available in English. It's certainly usable, but I'd love to be able to read the daily quotes and info pages. :-( The paper, as you'd expect, is just glorious. :-O

I may wait and see if they make an English version of the Cousin.

Edited by wikeh2004