Boston's Back! September 28Th!

dwattsjr

For everyone who has been wondering here on FPN, there will be a pen show in Boston in 2014 – SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 28TH to be exact! The new Commonwealth Pen Show will be open to the public from 9.00 am – 5.00 pm at the Holiday Inn Somerville (30 Washington Street, Somerville, MA). A familiar venue for some who have attended past pen shows in Boston, the show will be in the new ballroom in the hotel, and as before, there is free parking.

Several famous Pen, Calligraphy, and Ink Personalities will likely be there. Vintage and Modern pens for all budgets, paper, ink, journals, supplies, refills, on-site repair and nib tuning, and lots more — all for a low, low admission fee.

There are a very limited number of tables still available for anyone who would like to be an exhibitor/dealer at the show.

To book a table, please send an email message to Jim Baer at pen.repair@verizon.net. Questions about the show? Send an email message to David Watts, Jr. at dwattsjr@bostonpenpeople.org.

Spread the word – the Commonwealth Pen Show is coming!

Edited by dwattsjr

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dwattsjr

• framebaer

• Lloyd

• inkstainedruth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OOOH!

My husband was talking about how he should go up and visit his mom again, who lives about 30 miles out from Boston. I may start agitating for "That would be a good time to go up there, if you don't have job interviews, plus it's right around my birthday...."

Yeah, yeah, haven't gotten the credit card bills from DCSS yet.... http://www.4smileys.com'>http://www.4smileys.com/smileys/thinking-smileys/think_smiley_24.gif

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Woohoo!!! Although quite dangerous. I just bought a ton at the DC show but I'm so excited I'm not too far away.

Is there a website with information going to be available? And does anyone know if any nibmeisters will be there? Contemplating sending a pen away for adjustments or maybe I should hold off until the Boston show.

A page for the show has been added to the Boston Pen People Web site - www.bostonpenpeople.org. As more specific information is available the page will be updated.

A look at the show poster created by artist-calligrapher Pier Gustafson ...

post-7023-0-15815900-1409074102_thumb.jpg

Edited by dwattsjr

Will any pen people be bringing their Nakayas? I'd love to see one in 3 dimensions - I've been yearning over pictures for too long!

I own one. I will try to remember it.

Sensitive Pen Restoration doesn't cost extra.

Find me on Facebook at MONOMOY VINTAGE PEN

Richard Binder, Pier Gustafson, and likely a famous Mass. Ink maker will be exhibiting.

• 2 weeks later...

Why isn't this listed in the FPN side window of upcoming events?

Edited by Lloyd

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Thanks. :)

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Richard Binder, Pier Gustafson, and likely a famous Mass. Ink maker will be exhibiting.

Famous ink maker? Like catfish on a bottle ink? I am going to have to plan the 9 hour drive over!

Famous ink maker? Like catfish on a bottle ink? I am going to have to plan the 9 hour drive over!

Unfortunately i've been told that ink maker will NOT be able

To make it to the show this year.

He's ticked off about it but there are extenuating circumstances.

Edited by framebaer

Still keeping my fingers crossed about going. My husband talked to his niece a couple of days ago about going up to visit my mother-in-law, and then said to me "I'm thinking about going up between the 24th and 28th...." So I suggested that if he pushed it back a day or two *or* just extended it into the following week, I could go up with him *and* then go to the show (he thought it was weird that it was only on Sunday, BTW). We're in the process of "negotiating" travel dates and times.

Of course, if I do go, we need to get hold of the guy who sometimes cat-sits for us before the last minute, because it means we have to loan him the other car (i.e., the one we're not driving on the trip).

Either way, it's a bummer about that ink maker though.... A person that would be very interesting to meet, even if we don't see eye to eye politically.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Not sure many see eye to eye politically with Nathan :)

I have known him a number of years and would have to say he is in the top 1-2 most eccentric humans I have ever met.