The New Twsbi Diamond Mini White Rosegold

pb2

Stunning little piston filler with RoseGold accessories (belt, hat, scarf and shoes).

Matches my white iPhone and is about the same height when capped. But screw on the cap for nice lined up posting and you get a nicely balanced sizeable pen that not only carries well in any pocket or purse, but will be comfortable in almost any hand.

I have carried the Mini in my jeans pocket for over a month without any problems. :)

Comes in EF, F, M, B.

This very sweet classic looking piston pen holds more than a cartridge; a full 1 ML is what I measured whereas a normal cartridge is about ¾ ML (see photo below).

Gotta love those diamond facets!

~ PB)

My photos below posted courtesy of Mr. Mark B).

Edited by pb2

pendletonspens.com

~ May the Lord smile on you ~

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pb2

• Drone

• mbacas

• tinysnail

Top Posters In This Topic

So pretty! I don't own a TWSBI yet, but this one just might be my first purchase foray into TWSBIland ;) I love the white and the rose gold :wub:

Great review, many thanks! I'm not mad about white/rose gold, but I have a "Classic" Mini and it's always inked. Great little pen.

"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

I adore the look of the white with rose gold! So beautiful!

Does anyone know if this pen has the same issues with the plating as some of the other twsbi rose gold pens?

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

That is one seriously gorgeous pen. I've had my eye on the Mini for a long time, and with this new design, it's hard to not seal the deal. Thanks for the review!

The white and rose gold both look very pretty together. I am not looking for a pocket pen, but if I was, I'd know where to look.

That is so gorgeous! I've just been given its big brother (in black/Rosegold) for my birthday and I love it, it looks stunning with a sky blue ink sloshing around inside. This one would be a great pen for my De Atramentis Apple Blossom.

UK-based pen fan. I love beautiful ink bottles, sealing wax, scented inks, and sending mail art. Also, thanks to a wonderful custom-ground nib by forum member Bardiir, I'm currently attempting calligraphy after years of not being able to do so due to having an odd pen-grip :D

Thanks for the pics. I have the TWSBI 580 Black with Rose Gold (full size) pen. I think I prefer the white with rose gold though. I would like to see a white/rose gold full sized 580. However...

Anyone considering this pen should read the thread on the TWSBI black with rose gold 580 pen. There are posts in the 580RG thread by people experiencing problems with the rose gold plating - I am one of them.

Some report pitting/corrosion on the rose gold clip and/or cap band. I have not seen this (knock on wood). My problem was with the plating on the nib itself.,

My Post #121 in the 580RG thread shows pictures of my nib and the staining/corrosion that occurred. To be fair, TWSBI stood by the product and promptly mailed a replacement nib to me. I'm observing the pen with the new nib carefully to see if the problem happens again. Here's a link to the 580RG thread. Again, my post and pictures are at Post #121 on Page-5:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/255489-twsbi-diamond-580-black-rosegold-fountain-pen/

Keep in-mind a real "Rose Gold" alloy may contain up to 50% copper (12K) and may even contain some zinc to yellow the color if there is a lot of copper. Using an alloy with a significant amount of copper and (perhaps) zinc to plate a fountain pen nib which will be in constant contact with ink (which may have non-neutral pH), may not be such a good idea. But who is to say whether the TWSBI "Rose Gold" plating is really rose gold or not? It might be something entirely different.

My TWSBI 580 Black/Rose Gold pen was purchased from Goulet Pens; then I forwarded the pen to my address in Indonesia. Because of my location, it made more sense to deal directly with TWSBI in Taipei. However, I have kept Goulet Pens informed of every step so they are aware of the problem I encountered.

As far as I know, as of my post date TWSBI has not addressed this problem adequately in the community. We have no idea if this plating issue is a rare or common phenomenon. So IMHO, YMMV.

Nice looking pen though. Best of Luck, David

Edited by Drone

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks David (Drone) for your detailed information. I do hope and trust you will get complete satisfaction from TWSBI.

I have been working with these Rose Gold nibs (580 Black and Mini White) since they each first came out. I have only seen two (out of maybe 100) that had plating problems, both on the early 580 model.

So far, the Mini RGs have been flawless. It makes me wonder if this could be a plating process upgrade (based o n feedback) that might affect all the RGs. I will ask.

PB)

pendletonspens.com

~ May the Lord smile on you ~

Thanks David (Drone) for your detailed information. I do hope and trust you will get complete satisfaction from TWSBI.

I have been working with these Rose Gold nibs (580 Black and Mini White) since they each first came out. I have only seen two (out of maybe 100) that had plating problems, both on the early 580 model.

So far, the Mini RGs have been flawless. It makes me wonder if this could be a plating process upgrade (based o n feedback) that might affect all the RGs. I will ask.

PB)

Only two out of around 100 with plating problems. That is the first real data point I have seen on the scope of this problem. Thank you for sharing that. Do let us know if you find out any more information.

If it is only two percent of the pens with plating problems and only on the early models (mine was an early purchase), then I wonder why TWSBI doesn't just address this issue head-on and put it to bed. Hmmm...

So far my new 580RG nib is holding up well.