How Does The Con 70 Work?

Icywolfe

I just got the Justus 95 and it has the CON 70 and I exchanged it with the CON 50. Now I looked at the CON 70 I have no clue how it works. (I do know how to use it.) It's bogging my mind right now.

Just a off topic question, but if there is CON20, CON50, and CON70. What is the CON10, CON30, CON40, CON60, and etc?

#Nope

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Icywolfe

• Dillo

• hari317

• RMN

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the Justus 95 and it has the CON 70 and I exchanged it with the CON 50. Now I looked at the CON 70 I have no clue how it works. (I do know how to use it.) It's bogging my mind right now.

the con70 works on the principle of a multistroke filler with breather tube. same principle as the parker vacumatic, the bulb fillers etc.

Just a off topic question, but if there is CON20, CON50, and CON70. What is the CON10, CON30, CON40, CON60, and etc?

there are no CON10, CON30, CON40, CON60

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

the con70 works on the principle of a multistroke filler with breather tube. same principle as the parker vacumatic, the bulb fillers etc.

there are no CON10, CON30, CON40, CON60

That is the problem I have no clue how those systems work either. My mind says this can't be possible to get ink up, but after 3 pushes it's filled. It's magic!

Then why the huge number skips?

#Nope

That is the problem I have no clue how those systems work either. My mind says this can't be possible to get ink up, but after 3 pushes it's filled. It's magic!

that is easy to solve, google is your friend and there is plenty of material available already on the internet about these filling mechanisms, even the links to original patents where these ideas were put forward.

I have no idea why pilot made those number jumps, only they can answer.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

that is easy to solve, google is your friend and there is plenty of material available already on the internet about these filling mechanisms, even the links to original patents where these ideas were put forward.

I have no idea why pilot made those number jumps, only they can answer.

I have a certain feeling that I should've taken some physics classes to understand the diagrams I've seen.

Like only until a few days ago I never knew how a pump pen filled until I saw the Edison's animated GIF image.

#Nope

To fully understand you should be able to read diagrams and have some understanding of physics.

Basically: when you press the button a bit of vacuum is created, this sucks in some ink. Next pump, again a bit of vacuum and some more ink. After a few pumps the converter is as full as it gets. There is some clever device that makes that the ink does not squirt out again once you pump again.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Then why the huge number skips?

The number skips are due to the convention of many Japanese manufacturers to have model numbers based on the rough price of the pen or part. Platinum does this also.

Con-20 --> 200 yen

Con-50 --> 500 yen

Con-70 --> 700 yen

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

The number skips are due to the convention of many Japanese manufacturers to have model numbers based on the rough price of the pen or part. Platinum does this also.

Con-20 --> 200 yen

Con-50 --> 500 yen

Con-70 --> 700 yen

Dillon

Well, who'd have thought that was the reason? Thanks

Con-20 --> 200 yen

Con-50 --> 500 yen

Con-70 --> 700 yen

Dillon

Why couldn't they rename it for the US? Like CON10/11 and CON6 and etc?

But I was seriously thinking there was some super amazing reason.

Edited by Icywolfe

#Nope

Would that mean the Justus 95 is going for 50.000 Y???

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Now that you know how to use the con that came with Justus 95...are you enjoying the pen and con....Which

nib and ink are you usin'...Any scans or photos of said pen....Congratulations!

Fred

Now that you know how to use the con that came with Justus 95...are you enjoying the pen and con....Which

nib and ink are you usin'...Any scans or photos of said pen....Congratulations!

Fred

How do you scan a pen? =P

Ink is Ebony Blue

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/4b82/rvffwm3xvgodkdp6g.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/ae2e/obw8xtt5e5uls536g.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/37e6/dw29e22h6gxwhgt6g.jpg

It's a good pen for drawing. It's better for drawing than actual writing.

Edited by Icywolfe

#Nope

From what I have seen it only applies to the pens with 3 digits...the Custom 74 is 10,000 YEN and the Justus 95 is 30,000 YEN but the Custom 912 is 20,000 YEN.

If you use the actually item/model number, then it matches up a little better

Custom 845 --> FKV-5MR --> 50000 yen

Custom 823 --> FKK-3MRP --> 30000 yen

Justus 95 (95 is for Pilot's 95th anniversary so it's different) --> FJ-3MR --> 30000 yen

Custom Heritage 91 --> FKVH-1MR --> 10000 yen

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon