• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• rmullins

• Cyber6

• RMN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cats are easy ... most don't survive cat v. vehicle impacts ...

Or, if you are in the appropriate area, convince your cat that yes it can take that badger over there.

Depending on the cat, that may not be such a good idea. For the badger, I mean. I once saw my friends' 6 lb cat chase the neighbor's Irish setter around the cat's house -- to the point at which the dog's owner was begging the cat's owners to call the cat off.... And another friend of mine's family used to raise Tonkinese hunting cats -- *their* neighbor's dog was *killed* by the mama cat when the dog started to chase the kitten....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

ahhhhhhhh.....I assumed the new ink would come from Noodlers....now I get it.

No problemo and welcome to FPN.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Make sure you have black, since I'm forced to use black at school.

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

I've been around awhile, I just rarely post.

Tomorrow is your 1st anniversary in FPN!

You joined on Aug. 15th, 2013. And guess what day tomorrow is? Aug. 15th, 2014!

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

Incidentally there were some real nice earthy Art Brown inks that will probably never see the light of day. I would love to try "Noodlers Brooklyn Brawn" an Art Brown exclusive.

**still craving the Galileo with no relief in sight**

I recently bought some Brooklyn Brawn at Fountain Pen Hospital do they not have it anymore?

I would def. love to have some of the Noodlers Galileo.

Edited by Talon1138

Paper Tiger II

Will the new ink have 'bullet-proof' qualities? Or is it too soon to tell?

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140814_131711.jpg

RMullins - good question. You are correct, too soon to tell.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

PS, the above sample may be a ink up for consideration. Look for the KWZI reviews.

Incidentally there were some real nice earthy Art Brown inks that will probably never see the light of day. I would love to try "Noodlers Brooklyn Brawn" an Art Brown exclusive.

**still craving the Galileo with no relief in sight**

I recently bought some Brooklyn Brawn at Fountain Pen Hospital do they not have it anymore?

I would def. love to have some of the Noodlers Galileo.

My resources are not as good as some of the more experienced here, but after some time spent googling my fingers off, I have not been able to get my hands on either.

For Galileo, I missed out on one opportunity, I waited to long to get back to the seller, and I missed another opportunity a couple of days ago when another buyer beat me to the punch.

I've not seen 'Brawn' anywhere, and when I contacted Nathan he didn't say he would never make them, but he did say he didn't have any plans to make them.

I didn't ask as to the 'why'. After all my poking and prodding, I think there is a larger story that is the under-curent of the 'why' we are not seeing them re-introduced.

If anyone knows of Brooklyn Brawn or Galileo laying around gathering dust waiting for someone to love them please let me know. ;)

Incidentally, 'Subway Series Sepia' was an Art Brown exclusive but you can get it at FPH, but it's no longer listed as an exclusive.

I love earthy tones and I'm on a mission to find a nice bullet-proof earthy.

Which is why I'm being so Don Quixotic about this Galileo. It's the only earthy I have found that is bullet-proof. Aside from the regular brown, which is nice, but nothing real special.

My resources are not as good as some of the more experienced here, but after some time spent googling my fingers off, I have not been able to get my hands on either.

Ohh... you are not so in luck. Pinstrape Homage was picked up by Goldspot ... with Brooklyn Brawn and Legal Blue ... but now it look like it was discontinued. :(

Edited by Cyber6

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Incidentally, 'Subway Series Sepia' was an Art Brown exclusive but you can get it at FPH, but it's no longer listed as an exclusive.

I love earthy tones and I'm on a mission to find a nice bullet-proof earthy.

Which is why I'm being so Don Quixotic about this Galileo. It's the only earthy I have found that is bullet-proof. Aside from the regular brown, which is nice, but nothing real special.

FPH Exclusive Old Dutch Sepia is earthy enough...

also Whaleman Sepia...

Edited by Cyber6

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

I really did not like the Whaleman at all. It is a fun color(a bit too purply but not horrible), and I LOVE the story behind it, but it's waaaaay to dry/gummy for my Lamy Safari EF.

I don't think the Old Dutch is or the Subway Series is Bulletproof, but they look fun, so I ordered both. ;)

My hunt for a perfect (lol) bullet-proof earthy is going to financial ruin me............

Tomorrow is your 1st anniversary in FPN!

You joined on Aug. 15th, 2013. And guess what day tomorrow is? Aug. 15th, 2014!

-William S. Park

THANKS!

No problemo and welcome to FPN.

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the moderators;

Is there anything we ( purchasers) can do to be proactive in helping Galileo come back to life?

I would hate to miss an opportunity if there is one out there.

I am sure the moderators have pursued every available back-channel, but if there is something the rest of us can do to help, I personally wouldn't mind.

Please don't beat me.....I request respectfully. ;)

One thing I have noticed in the short time I have been an active member here is that our beloved inks often are suddenly and absolutely simply gone, extinct, vanished. I have no real clue why the manufacturers do this - their supply of ingredients runs out, they are evil and malicious people, they got tired of making money, or they want to make more money? I don't get why they want to stop one color's production and start another, they just do it.

So, just like everything else that is discontinued or runs out, the most practical and painless thing to do is remember all the good times we had with those inks, and take this opportunity to broaden our horizons by trying something new and different. There are efforts being made to secure some new FPN exclusive inks, I can say that for sure. We'll always have the memories...

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

I have an unopened bottle, and a nearly-full one of Galileo, here in Spain, either or both of which could be had by anyone willing to pay the p and p to wherever you are ... or to wait until October 5th if you are going to the London Pen Show. Contact me back-channel if you are so desperate! :)

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

US humorist (1878 - 1937)