New Twsbi Mini

yogalarva

Eek! Not sure if everyone who cares has seen this yet, but according the TWSBI facebook and instagram page, the white+rose gold mini is launching Wednesday! :-) Unfortunately, this just further complicates my search for my next pen... Anyone else as excited as I am?

fpn_1407172769__10492088_744706282238155

PS - pic is courtesy of their fb page.

Fountain pen blog | Personal blog

Current collection: Pilot Vanishing Point, TWSBI Vac 700, Kaweco Al Sport, Lamy Safari, Nemosine Singularity

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• playtime

• OakIris

• swanjun

• yogalarva

Am a big fan of rose gold - I love the warmth that it lends. The pen would be even better if the white were more a cream color.....

diamine copper would be the perfect ink for this pen:)

"Writing is 1/3 nib width & flex, 1/3 paper and 1/3 ink. In that order."Bo Bo Olson

"No one needs to rotate a pen while using an oblique, in fact, that's against the whole concept of an oblique, which is to give you shading without any special effort."Professor Propas, 24 December 2010

"IMHO, the only advantage of the 149 is increased girth if needed, increased gold if wanted and increased prestige if perceived. I have three, but hardly ever use them. After all, they hold the same amount of ink as a 146."FredRydr, 12 March 2015

"Surely half the pleasure of life is sardonic comment on the passing show."Sir Peter Strawson

I saw the info on TWSBI's facebook page today and posted about the new Mini version in the Rose Gold 580 thread, and then saw this thread had already been started. Oops!

I think this version of the Mini is lovely looking, but worry that the rose gold plating on the Mini will have the problem some folks have experienced with the Rose Gold 580 - a greenish corrosion that has been seen on the clip and on the nib. Guess we need some guinea pigs to buy the pen after it is launched and use it for a while to see whether or not the plating process is 'new and improved.'

Still, the new Mini is on my wish list, just in case!

Holly

seems like this year's color is rose gold (courtesy of nibs.com and Platinum)

http://www.nibs.com/platinum-3776-century-nice.htm:

http://www.nibs.com/www/WEBSITE%20PICS/Platinum/platinum-century-nice-le-nib-detail.jpg

"Writing is 1/3 nib width & flex, 1/3 paper and 1/3 ink. In that order."Bo Bo Olson

"No one needs to rotate a pen while using an oblique, in fact, that's against the whole concept of an oblique, which is to give you shading without any special effort."Professor Propas, 24 December 2010

"IMHO, the only advantage of the 149 is increased girth if needed, increased gold if wanted and increased prestige if perceived. I have three, but hardly ever use them. After all, they hold the same amount of ink as a 146."FredRydr, 12 March 2015

"Surely half the pleasure of life is sardonic comment on the passing show."Sir Peter Strawson

I will. I love that. White and rose gold? Perfect! Wish it came in the larger size, too BUT I am very happy! Tomorrow I will be waiting for another pen in the mail.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Seriously I wish they would do the black mini in rose gold, I prefer black to white sorry to say.

I am disappointed they went with white. I wanted a 580 in Rose Gold, but I don't buy pens I can't post. I hoped the Mini would get a similar look. I loved the rose gold/black combo.

I am disappointed they went with white. I wanted a 580 in Rose Gold, but I don't buy pens I can't post. I hoped the Mini would get a similar look. I loved the rose gold/black combo.

Sorry you don't like the white and rose gold combination. I do like it, and though I never thought I would want a white pen I kind of fell in love with an Esterbrook SJ nurses pen, so I discovered that white pens do appeal to me; I do wish the O-rings on the Mini were red. :P This is a photo of a minty Esterbrook nurse's pen from an eBay auction last year (I didn't win the pen. :( )

Esterbrook%2520Nurse%2527s%2520pen%2520%

I agree about the posting, or rather the lack thereof - I like to post my pens, too. At one point I thought that TWSBI was going to make and sell a modified part (??) that could be installed on the 580 so that it could be posted, but I was mistaken. What they actually did was to redesign the piston knob on their Classic model so it could be posted, and they also said they might be selling an aftermarket part that could be installed to modify the older style of the Classic. I am not sure this aftermarket part was ever put into production, nothing like that for sale on their website; it might have been just another 'tease' from TWSBI. The 580 remains unpostable, another reason this white Mini is on my wishlist instead of the 580 Rose Gold.

Holly

Edited by OakIris

This is beautiful. I have banned TWSBIs because of too many problems, but MAY have to reconsider.