What pen is your Holy Grail?

maryannemoll

The quill Jefferson used to draft the Declaration of Independence

Unfortunately, he tended to trim them down to nothing quickly, and they don't keep well.

I think we tend to forget that the disposable pen was not invented by BIC - it is actually one of the oldest forms of pen around.

My Grails:

Waterman 16POC in RMHR or BCHR with gold bands.

(though a Waterman #7 Pink would be nice too).

Wahl Pacemaker in Blue,

A nice Lebeauf sleeve-filler in blue marble

Baird North blow-filler, button-filler, or fillagree overlay.

John

So if you have a lot of ink,

You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inka

• Ghost Plane

• uemuraw

• FOUR X FOUR

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Johnny Appleseed @ Mar 9 2007, 11:40 PM)

Unfortunately, he tended to trim them down to nothing quickly, and they don't keep well.

I think we tend to forget that the disposable pen was not invented by BIC - it is actually one of the oldest forms of pen around.

My Grails:

Waterman 16POC in RMHR or BCHR with gold bands.

(though a Waterman #7 Pink would be nice too).

Wahl Pacemaker in Blue,

A nice Lebeauf sleeve-filler in blue marble

Baird North blow-filler, button-filler, or fillagree overlay.

John

biggrin.gif Exactly why I picked it- it's a wild goose chase (pardon the pun) like the Grail!

QUOTE (handlebar @ Mar 9 2007, 09:40 PM)
My Grail pen is an Omas Arco brown celluloid.I hope to find it someday for less than an arm and a leg laugh.gif
I do notice the price starting to move downwards a bit.

JD

sad.gif

Me too for the past 15yrs.. I don't see it getting too cheap though!

sonia alvarez

fpn_1379481230__chinkinreduced.jpg

Only the pure in heart may find the Holy Grail. To be pure in heart, one must be free from desire. Therefore, be content. Here endeth the lesson.

Right you are. And while I am sitting here in lotus position, incense smoking and Enya playing in the background, and I grokking the infinity of the cosmos and my tiny, insignificant place therein, utterly at peace with my poor lot in life, fully reconciled to my karma, whatever it may be, I in fact expect a mint 51 Flighter with factory music nib to come out of the sky and clonk me on the head. tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Nihonto Chicken

Hi,

Trust me, if there was any pen I would have really liked, I'd have gotten it already.

I always wished for a small celluloid piston-filled pen, and I got it in the form of two Omas Princesses. I wanted an Omas 361 and I got that too.

I've already purchased every single pen I have wished for, so I am satisfied. I have 11 pens instead of the 150 I used to have.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

The holy grail is definitely an onoto "mammoth" pen. I have a no. 8 which is big but the mammoth is even bigger thn the parker giant!

Seriously iI would like so many different pens that to chose one is very difficult. But as the good book says "happy is the man contented with his lot" - so there ebay!!!! Happy hunting.

A beautiful pen that is way out of my league is the Pelikan Anniversay. What a beautiful pen that is. Don't suppose any one has one they want to get rid of for less than the cost of a new car?

We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

Winston Churchill

Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others.

Winston Churchill

I have several Holy Grails, but if I had to choose just one it would probably be one of the Pelikan 1931 LE preferably the Blue marbled (Lapis?) model.

Or maybe ????!!!

Guest PeteWK

The shuttering sound you hear is my wife's response to this question.

I've got more than a few holy grail type pens but I'd need to lean toward a Solid Gold #8 self filling Sheaffer Flat Top Pen, circa 1920.

PeteWK

(Johnny Appleseed @ Mar 9 2007, 11:40 PM)

Exactly why I picked it- it's a wild goose chase (pardon the pun) like the Grail!

But he probably had a very nice quill knife for trimming all those quills . . .

John

So if you have a lot of ink,

You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"

Right now, I have my heart set on a blue Visconti Wall Street. That horizontal striping in the celluloid is just exquisite. drool.gif

What are the rules here? An existing pen, right?

I won't be losing any limbs during my search for any pen, but for the sake of the exercise I will say:

- - The very first Bexley that Howard Levy's produced for sale.

- - Or a pen used to sign any of the famous documents in history. Of course, any of them would be easier to obtain than THE Parker "51" owned by Mr. Binder. laugh.gif

Bill

Holy Grail being those pens it'll probably be a long time before I get...

Vintage and/or modern LE

Omas Extra Lucens

Tibaldi Transparente

Tibaldi Bononia

Parker 75 sterling keepsake

Montblanc 744 (is there such a thing as a 746?)

Edited by perstylo

QUOTE (Vintage Pens Fan @ Mar 10 2007, 02:46 AM)
I am ready to order a hand made Nakaya Pen. I have been giving up going to Starbuck & lunches out for 2.5 years, & I am amazed how much money coffee & junk food just added up.

I contacted the folks there & after several emails (to customized my order) they confirmed it will take 2 months; I can hardly waited... wallbash.gif  wallbash.gif

Mine is the very same pen! Did you order yours with the elastic nib?

user posted image

Edited by Nimrud

QUOTE (handlebar @ Mar 9 2007, 04:40 PM)
My Grail pen is an Omas Arco brown celluloid.I hope to find it someday for less than an arm and a leg laugh.gif

Why does this pen have to get mentioned again? *sigh* I passed on one at my first pen show... and I can't get myself to say for how much anymore--it's just too painful.

headsmack.gif But, I will be keeping my eyes out for one going forward, that's quite definite. I'll never forget holding one in my hand... it is more striking than the photos reveal.

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

QUOTE (Vintage Pens Fan @ Mar 9 2007, 04:21 PM)
This one costs about $ 1,800 plus $25.00 name engraving (also via Makie-e) I know the price sounds outrageous, but it is probably the last modern FP I will ever buy. (Call me a sucker, but I just love high quality hand made crafts...)

No sir, you are no sucker. I think that's money well spent on such a piece of artwork. My only problem is that I'd find it hard to put it to use, feeling more tempted to put it on display in its own lighted plexiglass display case. smile.gif

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

My new holy grail pen is now the new hand-painted Conway Stewart Floral Pen in enamel-coated gold, a re-issue of the original 1955 model which was in casein. At over 20,000 dollars, how much more unattainable can a holy grail get?

Hmm. By some horrible twist of logic, it could mean that I can most probably acquire the Conway Stewart Churchill after all. ph34r.gif blink.gif

I kind of lost myself there. dry.gif

Edited by maryannemoll