#1 bardiir

bardiir

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold & Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 August 2014 - 14:01

I have discovered two brand new bottles of discontinued Caran d'Ache ink (they probably sat there in the store for a few years, on the edge of the shelf partly covered, mostly out of sight)

Amazon

601.png

and

Storm

375.png

Now is the question, do they have any worth for collectors?

Because I can't find anything about them on eBay or the likes, probably not much left. If they got a significant value increase from what I bought them for I might consider selling them off again, otherwise probably use them myself as they are my favorite colors green&purple.

There was a bottle of saffron and carbon too but the bottles are pretty pricy and I'm not a big fan of orange/black so if it's nothing with value then I'd be stuck with those :D

Edited by bardiir, 02 August 2014 - 14:12.

My Pens/Nibs (inked/active): Lamy Studio/Vista/Joy (XXF slight-flex custom | 14k EF | EF | F | 14k M | M | B | 14k 1.1 custom | 1.1 | 1.5 | 1.9), TWSBI Diamond 580 (F | Pendleton BadBoy | Zebra G | F.P.R. semi-flex), Pilot Falcon EF, Penkala Vintage 14k semi-flex, Pilot Parallel (2.4 | 3.8 | 6.0)

I'm still looking for help/data/supporters/sponsors for my Ink Database - It already contains over 900 Inks but is still low on data about the inks except on the Inks I got myself or where I found nice data sheets. So Im looking for these: InkSamples mailed to me, Permissions to use InkReviews - preferable by people who have a lot of InkReviews online, InkReviews mailed to me so I can scan them, Sponsors that will help me to finance InkSamples, People willing to trade InkSamples (list of available Inks from me is available via PM request - please include available Inks)

#2 Kosmic-kowgirl

Kosmic-kowgirl

She's, you know, artsy

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 August 2014 - 14:21

they are gorgeous, love the Storm!

~Kate 

my blog  http://brusheswithpaints.blogspot.com/  

#3 bardiir

bardiir

Extremely Rare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 August 2014 - 14:25

Yes but a lot more pricy than expected... saw them the last time, saw the sticker price of 5€/bottle on the shelf, at home I noticed that 5€ is pretty great for a discontinued ink... went back today just to discover there are stickers on the bottles itself with a liiiiitle bit higher price on them... would have bought all of them for the 5€ price tag... and would have paid a lot less  :unsure:

My Pens/Nibs (inked/active): Lamy Studio/Vista/Joy (XXF slight-flex custom | 14k EF | EF | F | 14k M | M | B | 14k 1.1 custom | 1.1 | 1.5 | 1.9), TWSBI Diamond 580 (F | Pendleton BadBoy | Zebra G | F.P.R. semi-flex), Pilot Falcon EF, Penkala Vintage 14k semi-flex, Pilot Parallel (2.4 | 3.8 | 6.0)

I'm still looking for help/data/supporters/sponsors for my Ink Database - It already contains over 900 Inks but is still low on data about the inks except on the Inks I got myself or where I found nice data sheets. So Im looking for these: InkSamples mailed to me, Permissions to use InkReviews - preferable by people who have a lot of InkReviews online, InkReviews mailed to me so I can scan them, Sponsors that will help me to finance InkSamples, People willing to trade InkSamples (list of available Inks from me is available via PM request - please include available Inks)

#4 bardiir

bardiir

Extremely Rare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:14

No one any idea about this?

#5 VivienR

VivienR

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2014 - 14:02

5€ is a damn good price for them, I got one from the old line for 20$... And that was only a Blue Sky... Okay, the bottle is really lovely, so eventually kind of worth it.

#6 bardiir

bardiir

Extremely Rare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2014 - 14:13

If they would have been 5€ that would have been great, that's what was written on the shelf itself but it referenced the old non-colors of the earth CdA inks. These did cost a hefty sum more, but since these are pretty much completely unavailable I took them anyway.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: caran dache, amazon, storm, ink