#1 Tessy Moon

Tessy Moon

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:09

Here is a brief handwritten review of Diamine Majestic Purple Ink.

It is difficult to display the true color of this ink. It has a vibrancy to it but it is definitely not searing bright. It is a medium purple with pink undertones. (When diluted it is a pretty pink color.) I think it is a very nice medium purple and very easy to read.

As noted in my review, this ink appears much darker in a wetter pen (like the Ahab) as well with broader nibs (I have tried a stub 1.1 and 1.5)

1d063b5d998b929012ff08e3d774563a.jpg

More detailed photos are here:

http://tessymoon.wix...n-pen-love/cp8t

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

#2 Tessy Moon

Tessy Moon

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:11

If you go to the slideshow through the link, click on the left arrow to see the close up photos. Then you can click on the photo to see the whole photo enlarged.

I hope this helps!

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

#3 Tessy Moon

Tessy Moon

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:18

Here is Diamine Majestic Purple very diluted into a pink ink:

http://www.fountainp...iluted-to-pink/

Tessy Moon

#4 VivienR

VivienR

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 August 2014 - 19:00

Gosh, its really hard to decide, that should or shouldn't buy this, I have lots of Diamine Imperial purple, which also a fantastic purple, not mention, my favorite ink. They are close to each other, but Imperial is a bit darker, but surprisingly not always and not all paper.. mean sometimes, its kind of match up with this color....

#5 mallymal1

mallymal1

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 August 2014 - 19:11

A Majestic Purple indeed!

Thank you for the review.

#6 Tessy Moon

Tessy Moon

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 August 2014 - 19:52

This ink definitely has a pink undertone to it that sets it apart from other middle-range purples. I would recommend at least getting a sample to see if you like it. Imo I feel this one is prettier than Imperial Purple simply because I love the pink undertone that comes through. I am more a fan of pinkish purples than blueish purples. Although my favorite blueish purple is Nostalgic Impressions Purple, it has a gorgeous sheen to it!

Also to note, this ink is MUCH darker in a broader/wetter nib. I like it in the finer nib because it is lighter and shows more pink shading tendencies.

I love this ink diluted. I am still playing around with it because it can look so many different ranges of purple-pinks depending how much you dilute it.

I have also mixed this diluted with a bit of Monteverde Purple and I think it is super pretty like that too.

To see my review on Monteverde Purple (one of my all time favorite inks and an awesome pinkish-purple) go here:

http://www.fountainp...ple-ink-review/

Edited by Tessy Moon, 05 August 2014 - 19:58.

Tessy Moon

#7 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,069 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:00

Thank you.

When I grow up, I want to be a great lawyer. Until then, I practice. - A.Davis

If you want to know about my ever changing Avatar, check out this thread.

Borrow a TWSBI?  

Borrow an Estie?

#8 inkeverywhere

inkeverywhere

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:47

I have just purchased Majestic Purple myself, amongst others, from the Diamine collection.  I have inked up my Lamy Joy fitted with a 1.5mm italic nib.  Got to say I'm pretty pleased with it.  It is my first foray into the purple tones and perhaps not my last!  Thank you for your review.

Greg

"may our fingers remain ink stained"

"may our fingers remain ink stained"

#9 mhosea

mhosea

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:00

It's a unusual shade of purple that is likely to complement any collection.

I know my id is "mhosea", but you can call me Mike. It's an old Unix thing.

#10 Tessy Moon

Tessy Moon

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:03

The majority of my inks are somewhere in the purple or pink categories; I just adore pinks and purples!

That said, I have tested many purple inks. I would have to count to be sure, but I would guess maybe 40+ purple and/or pink inks. And I have to absolutely love an ink to make the commitment to purchase a bottle.

I can wholeheartedly recommend Diamine Majestic Purple. It is a beautiful and truly delightful purple ink!  :)

Tessy Moon

#11 Painterspal

Painterspal

Addicted to urushi

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:50

I can wholeheartedly recommend Diamine Majestic Purple. It is a beautiful and truly delightful purple ink!   :)

+1 It's probably my favourite purple ink and I get through a LOT of it! Thanks for a great review, I think you've described it very well.

D A N i T R i O f e l l o w s h i p

#12 Tessy Moon

Tessy Moon

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 August 2014 - 19:26

Than you Painterspal for the kind comments! I enjoy all sorts of pink and purple inks, but I am a bit choosy too. If I find something I really love then I can't help but want to share it with others!  :)

Tessy Moon

#13 vistafan

vistafan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 21:15

Does anyone have both this and Diamine Imperial Purple? I have been wondering how they compare.

#14 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,069 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 August 2014 - 22:52

Does anyone have both this and Diamine Imperial Purple? I have been wondering how they compare.

If you have one,  do a co-razy view and ask for someone who has the other so you can write to each other.

When I grow up, I want to be a great lawyer. Until then, I practice. - A.Davis

If you want to know about my ever changing Avatar, check out this thread.

Borrow a TWSBI?  

Borrow an Estie?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diamine, purple, majestic purple, ink, review