Another Poll/decision

Pravda

Thanks for your feedback regarding my other choice selection :) Here's another one for you, would you trade your Pope Julius II 888 for the 90 Years Anniversary Skeleton?

I am seriously considering this one, since the Julius is by no way a pen you can carry and use, too flashy/heavy/fragile while the skeleton might actually get some writing time. Also, too excited about prospects of seeing different colour inks in the barrel.

What you think?

post-14440-0-65788300-1406879718_thumb.jpg

post-14440-0-83049200-1406879740_thumb.png

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pravda

• zaddick

• BrandonA

• KJY

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with Pravda about the Julius being too flashy/heavy/fragile etc.

I would trade for the Skeleton- I like its design

No! That said, I would try to work the 90 Years Anniversary Skeleton into my budget.

aggie

PS: Actually, that no is a very strong NO. I would not let that pen go for just about any reason if I had one.

Edited by mr2txaggie

If your out-go is more than your income,

Then your up-keep.

May be your Down-falll!!!

Julius for me.

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

No, the 888 is in my opinion a limited pen and will not be produced anymore. This year's skeleton is a special edition and will be produced many many times more and no one outside MB will know the total production numbers.

That said... I really like the design of the skeleton! And if I had the funds I would buy it.

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):

Appelboom

I would keep the Julius, however, I really like the gun metal look of the 90th skeleton... :wub:

How much would the 90th skeleton cost? Probably can't afford one anyway :(

Best regards, Kai

Montblanc 13x, #20/25/30/40, 244/6 Green Marbled, 322 Azure Blue, 234 1/2 G/PL, 256, 220, 34.

Montblanc 144G Grey, 146G Green Striated, 146 Silver Barley, 149 (50s-00s).

Montblanc WE Christie, Imperial Dragon, Wilde, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Proust, Schiller, Verne, Mann, Twain. PoA Prince Regent, Morgan...

Visconti Pontevecchio LE, Metropolitan Gordian Knot, Ripples. Omas Paragon Royale Blue HT, Extra Lucens Black LE. Pilot Silvern. Pelikan 620 Shanghai, 800 Blue o Blue.

Surely our opinions are irrelevant to your decision as to which pen to buy? It sounds like you've made your decision already anyway because you think the 75 SE pen will be more usable.

FWIW I prefer the 888. I think the nib on the 75 SE is odd looking at is also not a LE.

In one of your other threads you were considering getting the regular edition 75. Are you now not getting this and instead getting a Heritage or Boheme? I'd get the 888 if you are getting the regular edition pen.

Both pens would be great additions to any collection.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

Surely our opinions are irrelevant to your decision as to which pen to buy? It sounds like you've made your decision already anyway because you think the 75 SE pen will be more usable.

FWIW I prefer the 888. I think the nib on the 75 SE is odd looking at is also not a LE.

In one of your other threads you were considering getting the regular edition 75. Are you now not getting this and instead getting a Heritage or Boheme? I'd get the 888 if you are getting the regular edition pen.

Both pens would be great additions to any collection.

In another poll I was choosing between the 90 Years 149 in rose gold vs the Heritage 1912. No 75SE mentioned, on my part at least. And the Boheme was another dude also.

Thanks guys for all your replies. I really appreciate it, please keep them coming.

I still have not yet made up my mind. I currently own the Julius, but never used it as I always felt it was too much to carry around both in weight and content. It is impressive and may hold better value in the long run, but I find little pleasure in owning it. The 90 Years Skeleton (just a thought) could serve as a nice occasional writer and I believe would display a very cool effect with the ink visible.

Were it me, I would keep the Julius.

However, you noted that you find little pleasure in owning it. If that is the case, buy the pen you will find pleasure in. Life is too short to hold on to things that don't make you happy. ;)

I like them both. However, if I was fortunate enough to own a Pope Julius, I wouldn't trade it for the 90 years anniversary skeleton.

I do see what you mean about the possibility that the latter might be carried and used more readily. However if you did decide to sell the Pope Julius to buy the 90th, you would lose money on the deal.

I agree with this sentiment:

"Life is too short to hold on to things that don't make you happy."

Edited by Chrissy

In another poll I was choosing between the 90 Years 149 in rose gold vs the Heritage 1912. No 75SE mentioned, on my part at least. And the Boheme was another dude also.

Thanks guys for all your replies. I really appreciate it, please keep them coming.

I still have not yet made up my mind. I currently own the Julius, but never used it as I always felt it was too much to carry around both in weight and content. It is impressive and may hold better value in the long run, but I find little pleasure in owning it. The 90 Years Skeleton (just a thought) could serve as a nice occasional writer and I believe would display a very cool effect with the ink visible.

Keep what you have

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

i find julius better looking

'The Yo-Yo maneuver is very difficult to explain. It was first perfected by the well-known Chinese fighter pilot Yo-Yo Noritake. He also found it difficult to explain, being quite devoid of English.

So we left it at that. He showed us the maneuver after a sort. B*****d stole my kill.'

-Squadron Leader K. G. Holland, RAF. WWII China.

Do whatever makes you happy, i'm not sure i would do a trade straight up though, the skeleton 90th does look nicer and nicer each time i look at it so....

Here's another picture I found for it:

Seems the consensus so far is to keep the Julius. I won't be able to budget the skeleton in, because I am already budgeting a Heritage 1912 and a 146R among others.. hmm..

I wish I could have gotten a chance to see it in person and then make up my mind.

I'd keep the PJ. From what I can tell, the market value of the Julius is around $4-5K and the 90th skeleton is going to go for around $9K new. So you would have to sell you pen at a loss and then put a bunch more money in to get the sekelton. Seems like a waste to me.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

I'd keep the PJ. From what I can tell, the market value of the Julius is around $4-5K and the 90th skeleton is going to go for around $9K new. So you would have to sell you pen at a loss and then put a bunch more money in to get the sekelton. Seems like a waste to me.

Actually the PJ 888 version is north of $10,000 so I actually some cash back :)