#1 Dubois

Dubois

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:29

As well as having an amazingly wide range of stock, I've just discovered that Cult Pens also provide excellent customer service.

A couple of months ago I bought a OHTO Super Promecha mechanical pencil from them - it also happened to be the cheapest price I could find.  As usual, it arrived next day. Nice pencil, it went into my pencil case along with ten or so others.

Then last week as I was using it, the lead ran out, and the expected new one wouldn't feed through.  I thought maybe that I had used leads that were the wrong size, but no - no 0.7mm leads would feed through.  After dismantling the thing, I discovered a tiny bit of plastic caught in the jaws of the clutch.  I'd no idea where this came from, but it was obviously part of the pencil.  I thought that I had better ask for advice.

Their response was quick, with instructions on how to re-insert the little guide, which they admitted should never have come loose. This went surprisingly well, and the pencil worked.  During discussions with Cult Pens, they did say if there was an ongoing problem to let them know, and they would replace it.

The next day I thought it might be a good idea just to check what happened when the lead ran out.  Guess what?  the new one wouldn't come through. When I emailed Cult pens to let them know (at 4.30pm), the almost instant reply was that they had just shipped that day's orders, but would send me one the next day.

True to their word, I now have a new pencil, that works.

No affiliation, obviously, just a very happy customer.   Thank you Cult Pens.  Now, I think I need to try their own brand inks ....

Between my finger and my thumb

The squat pen rests.

I'll dig with it.

#2 migo984

migo984

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:54

No affiliation, obviously, just a very happy customer.   Thank you Cult Pens.  Now, I think I need to try their own brand inks ....

+ 1
One of my go-to online suppliers. A bit pricey on fountain pens but they stock some very hard-to-find refills and mechanical pencils. Exemplary service every time. Any problems (rare) are quickly resolved. I had to return a pen once and they reimbursed me the full costs including return postage. I never hesitate to recommend them.

You MUST try their Deep Dark own brand inks. Gorgeous colours. The Deep Dark Orange and DD Purple are wonderful.

SnailBadge.png

#3 Bigeddie

Bigeddie

Must not purchase more ink.

• Member - Gold & Supporter

• 1,048 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:55

I have had very good experiences with Cult Pens. I had an order that disappeared in the post about two years ago and they sent out a duplicate very quickly. 

They have good offers on from time to time too, try this or that for 10p etc. 

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love. -Carl Sagan

#4 Dubois

Dubois

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:58

Not only do they have some great offers from time to time, they often throw in a freebie to try out.

Between my finger and my thumb

The squat pen rests.

I'll dig with it.

#5 The Blue Knight

The Blue Knight

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:09

Anyone know anything about the website Tiger Pens?

#6 Namru

Namru

Wet Cake

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:15

Anyone know anything about the website Tiger Pens?

I've used them a couple of times with no issue.

#7 Namru

Namru

Wet Cake

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:18

I have a fare few freebies they've thrown in with orders. Those little Ohto clips are awfully useful.

#8 Dillo

Dillo

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,527 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:45

Hi,

Cultpens is really the best. They always respond right away if you have any questions, and they have such a great selection.

Dillon

Sheaffer Lady and Parker Falcon fs
Apple Macbook owners, please read!
HP/RPN fellowship

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Dillon

#9 colrehogan

colrehogan

Pt Pd

• Member - Gold

• 853 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2014 - 17:03

I agree about Cult Pens.  I received a box of  cartridges and one of them had leaked.  I received a replacement box and a little pen on a key chain (I think it can go on one) too.

Halak 41/Elliott 1

#10 Tas

Tas

Graphophile . . .

• Member - Gold

• 1,140 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2014 - 17:15

Fantastic service and great prices. We are spoilt here for online shopping.

I try to alternate my purchases between them and The Writing Desk just to make things fair, in my head.  B)

#11 andymcc

andymcc

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2014 - 21:34

Fantastic service and great prices. We are spoilt here for online shopping.

I try to alternate my purchases between them and The Writing Desk just to make things fair, in my head.  B)

Ditto, The Writing Desk are also great  :thumbup:  

I had a problem with a Lamy 2000 multipen I bought from Cultpens and the customer service was excellent, I had a new pen shipped to me next day. Can't recommend them highly enough  :D

#12 Renfield

Renfield

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 873 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2014 - 23:10

Both Cult Pens and The Writing Desk are great.

I rarely buy anything elsewhere

Posted Image Posted Image

#13 tinta

tinta

Zoé

• Member - Gold

• 1,246 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:22

I have used them only once & was greatly impressed. 

Phoned them on a Monday to inquire about how the VAT would be handled for an out of country (Canadian) order.  I ordered the goods over the telephone at the same time. 

By Friday morning of that week,  the package was already waiting for me in my Postal Super Box. 

Wow!

Edited by tinta, 01 August 2014 - 01:23.

Sailor 1911 Standards: *Black/rhodium, 0.8 mm stub, *Black/gold, 0.8 mm. stub & 0.95 mm. stub/italic, *Burgundy/gold, 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI & 1.1 mm. CI, *Sailor Profit Standards: Brown & Red Marble Mozaiques, acrylic/rhodium, 0.9 mm. CI & 0.7 mm.CI, *Edison (Purple-Web Celluloid) Pearl, 1.1 mm. ss. Butter-Line stub, *Franklin-Christoph (Iterum) "03", 1.1 mm. ss. factory stub, 18K JoWo 1.1 mm custom stub

#14 lawrenceg

lawrenceg

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 19:37

I have bought from tiger pens (i think), not to many places to by from in the uk, and had no problems.
Same goes for cult pens and the writing desk