Does Montblanc Even Sell Their Own Products?

theverdictis

Dear Mr phillips,

Thank you for your recent order at Montblanc.com. We are sorry but we are unable to complete your order. Please visit a Montblanc Boutique or authorised stockist to purchase Montblanc products.

Kind regards,

Montblanc (UK) Limited

1 Towers Place

Richmond

Surrey TW9 1EG, England

Is this normal practice from Montblanc? Do they not sell their own products? Surely they could contact a supplier and get them to order the products?

''You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes''. A A Milne

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jar

• theverdictis

• I.M.

• Namru

Top Posters In This Topic

Some context may help.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Seems very reasonable. Distributors generally do not sell directly to consumers.

Generally speaking this is true, but Montblanc does run their own online store. As FarmBoy said, we need more context. I could understand if it were a limited edition or discontinued item, then they may not have any remaining stock.

Generally speaking this is true, but Montblanc does run their own online store. As FarmBoy said, we need more context. I could understand if it were a limited edition or discontinued item, then they may not have any remaining stock.

But that is what the response from MB said. The person in the OP could go to a dealer, a boutique or the website.

My Website

I could, but I don't live near a store. I went online as it clearly stated they had stock of the 149 I had purchased. I also ordered a 90th edition MB, these have only just come out, surely they have stock of these??

''You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes''. A A Milne

I could, but I don't live near a store. I went online as it clearly stated they had stock of the 149 I had purchased. I also ordered a 90th edition MB, these have only just come out, surely they have stock of these??

It's not a matter of stock, it is that the distributor does not sell retail.

My Website

I'm trying to order these pens off Websters pens (online) but they don't seem to show the size of the nibs? Has anyone had any dealings with them? Do thye contact you on what nib you can have? Or do you just get a standard medium?

It's not a matter of stock, it is that the distributor does not sell retail.

Then why advertise that they do?

It can't be that montblanc.com doesn't sell at retail as a matter of policy if it has an online order-taking Web page. The email said that they were unable to fill the order. We offer to sell, yes; we accept the order, yes. Complete the order, being out of stock, no.

I'm with FarmBoy in wanting to see a little more context. I would expect Montblanc to be able to supply a 149, though perhaps after a brief delay.

Basically, an online company shop is just a shop, that has to order their stock just like other shops.

I do believe MB has a policy about which shops get which pens, and how many of them.

Also, B&M shopowners complain when company-shops take the customers away (as is often heard with Cross)

So it may well be that they did not get a certain item.

But what upsets me is that they offer it, complete the sale and then later come back with this sort of message. So they sort of over-book.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

But the message in the OP is from the UK distributor. It specifically says that Montblanc does sell the items but through the Boutique or Authorized Dealers.

Thank you for your recent order at Montblanc.com. We are sorry but we are unable to complete your order. Please visit a Montblanc Boutique or authorised stockist to purchase Montblanc products.

Kind regards,

Montblanc (UK) Limited

1 Towers Place

Richmond

Surrey TW9 1EG, England

Edited by jar

My Website

The obvious thing to do would be to contact MB via their website and ask them what went wrong. I assume you have an order number so they can check your order. Maybe you entered something wrong during the checkout process. More likely, like lots of online shops they don't track stock levels correctly and it was not until you'd placed your order that they realised that they could not source the pen.

I've never purchased from MB.com but I've issues with multiple other sites where they've failed to deliver due to incorrect stock levels.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

The obvious thing to do would be to contact MB via their website and ask them what went wrong. I assume you have an order number so they can check your order. Maybe you entered something wrong during the checkout process. More likely, like lots of online shops they don't track stock levels correctly and it was not until you'd placed your order that they realised that they could not source the pen.

I've never purchased from MB.com but I've issues with multiple other sites where they've failed to deliver due to incorrect stock levels.

I received a conformation email to say that it was going to be shipped then I received this email. Barcalay card said it all went through smoothly, so I'm unsure.

But the message in the OP is from the UK distributor. It specifically says that Montblanc does sell the items but through the Boutique or Authorized Dealers.

Do you work for MB? Where in the letter does it say 'we do not sell these items'??

Do you work for MB? Where in the letter does it say 'we do not sell these items'??

Read.

"Thank you for your recent order at Montblanc.com. We are sorry but we are unable to complete your order. Please visit a Montblanc Boutique or authorised stockist to purchase Montblanc products."

It says that they cannot complete the order but you can contact a Boutique or Authorized Dealer.

My Website

Read.

"Thank you for your recent order at Montblanc.com. We are sorry but we are unable to complete your order. Please visit a Montblanc Boutique or authorised stockist to purchase Montblanc products."

It says that they cannot complete the order but you can contact a Boutique or Authorized Dealer.

Unable, is not the same as saying we do not sell. They should make it clear on the web page.

Unable, is not the same as saying we do not sell. They should make it clear on the web page.

Sheesh.

Go to an authorized dealer or a Boutique or if that is too difficult for you then pick up a phone and call them.

Get real.

My Website

Seriously? I just gave you a direct link to the UK online store, where you can buy directly from Montblanc UK.