What Would A Bic Fountain Pen Look Like

andreasn

what if bic decided to make a cheap fountain pen version of one of their ballpoints like the bic cristal. what do you think that would look like. maybe someone with photoshop skills might even post a picture.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dillo

• The Blue Knight

• Ricardo1962

• rwilsonedn

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect it would look a lot like a Sheaffer made in China since Sheaffer is now a division of Bic.

And the end of all our exploring

Will be to arrive where we started

And know the place for the first time. TS Eliot

My daughter use one of this:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61jDn55HJ-L._SL1500_.jpg

A Levenger Stylus demonstrator with a cartridge converter, and a blue cap.

Sure, made out of good acrylic, I'd be down.

I hold a cartridge converter in about the same regard as a BIC, but somehow a BIC homage fountain pen is kinda cool.

Hi,

Bic does already make fountain pens, although not one in the same style as the Cristal. I really don't know if the Cristal style body would hold up very well. It's made from a fairly cheap grade of polystyrene.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

I don`t have any photoshop skills, so i`m just going to post a picture with the actual product:

http://i62.tinypic.com/r79hft.jpg

They also make them in a Hello Kitty finish, but don`t think that`s going to make me buy one !

Edited by rochester21

rochester21: looks like a disposable Safari based on the grip!

Moshe ben David

"Behold, He who watches over Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps!"

Hi,

Bic does already make fountain pens, although not one in the same style as the Cristal. I really don't know if the Cristal style body would hold up very well. It's made from a fairly cheap grade of polystyrene.

Dillon

That is what I would want, a Cristal in good acrylic. Black station, blue cap, blue butt cap.

also think BIC should put out a refillable steel version of their lighter.

Edited by AllenG

I don`t have any photoshop skills, so i`m just going to post a picture with the actual product:

They also make them in a Hello Kitty finish, but don`t think that`s going to make me buy one !

Wow, not bad. It has a cap like the one on the Cristal.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

That is what I would want, a Cristal in good acrylic. I also think BIC should put out a refillable steel version of their lighter.

They made a sterling version of the Cristal, but I think it was only for employees or something. I'm not sure if they were ever officially for sale for the public. They should consider a refillable version of their lighter. That wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. You can find broken Bic lighters everywhere.

Dillon

Dillon

Found another, the Bic X(9 usd):

http://i58.tinypic.com/x2vvnm.jpg

Edited by rochester21

Here is a BIC fountain pen. It has a nifty compartment for the cartridge. It slides open, a bit like a battery compartment on a torch or similar. I gave it to one of the students I mentor and she loves it. I tried it out and it's actually a pretty smooth writer and very comfortable in the hand, lightweight and balanced. The push-on cap clicks positively into place; it does not post at all.

Edited by migo984

Verba volant, scripta manent

Here is a BIC fountain pen. It has a nifty compartment for the cartridge. It slides open, a bit like a battery compartment on a torch or similar. I gave it to one of the students I mentor and she loves it. I tried it out and it's actually a pretty smooth writer and very comfortable in the hand, lightweight and balanced. The push-on cap clicks positively into place; it does not post at all.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Interesting! It doesn't really look like it's all that bad. The tip is just a folded untipped nib, isn't it?

Dillon

Dillon

Interesting! It doesn't really look like it's all that bad. The tip is just a folded untipped nib, isn't it?

Dillon

Yes it is, and is writes with a fairly fine line. I thought it might be very rigid, like a Lamy nib, but it is fairly elongated and that gives it a slight degree of softness/spring. I think that's what helps to make it comfortable to write with. I don't know how much these cost as I won it in a PIF from @Top Pen, but I'm quite impressed. The student who I gave it to reports that it still going strong despite the expected abuse from a 15 year old! She still uses it daily, although I have moved her onto a P45 now :-)

Verba volant, scripta manent

http://i62.tinypic.com/r79hft.jpg

They write really well, as good if not better then a Safari however they do have folded steel nibs something which I really don't like. But it has very good ergonomics.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Glad to see someone got some use of it.

Yes it is, and is writes with a fairly fine line. I thought it might be very rigid, like a Lamy nib, but it is fairly elongated and that gives it a slight degree of softness/spring. I think that's what helps to make it comfortable to write with. I don't know how much these cost as I won it in a PIF from @Top Pen, but I'm quite impressed. The student who I gave it to reports that it still going strong despite the expected abuse from a 15 year old! She still uses it daily, although I have moved her onto a P45 now :-)

That's nice! I know when I was 15 I think I had a Parker Reflex I think. I think I also had a Pelikan M200 that I saved up for.

Dillon

Dillon

I've got a few of these, and they are Not disposable - also a degree above the Varsity/Vpen in terms of price.

Very nice writers, given the price. And in fact it's the only pen that I lost because I'd left it on my desk during a lecture and someone pinched it.

Went back the next day and got another.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi