Tilburg Penshow (Netherlands) 27 September 2014

Dutchpen

On saturday 27th of september 2014 there will be a penshow in Tilburg (The Netherlands).

It's the 26th penshow already.

Natuurmuseum Brabant (across the central train station).

Spoorlaan 434

Tilburg.

It's starts at 12:00 : Edit: show will start at 11:00

You can find old and new pens at this show.

See you in Tilburg!

Lennard

Edited by RMN

Nib (re)plating: please visit www.Dutchpen.com

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RMN

• Darcy1978

• Dutchpen

• Coop

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent, I may just go there.

<p>Hors d'oeuvres must be obeyed at all times.</p>

Excellent, I will go there

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

I'll be there. Can't wait. My list has been made. I know what to look for. Hoping to find it all.

I've never been to a pen show. I have been to Tilburg though, so so far I'm good. What can we expect? Is it like Willy Wonka's chocolate factory? Any tips for the pen show newbie?

Edited by Darcy1978

I've never been to a pen show. I have been to Tilburg though, so so far I'm good. What can we expect? Is it like Willy Wonka's chocolate factory? Any tips for the pen show newbie?

It is a sort of market.

Exhibitors buy tablespace and show their wares. New, vintage, cheap, expensive. Pens, inks, paper, paraphernalia. You can buy, but people also bring pens to sell to the tradesmen.

But very important: you can see and feel all those pens you always read about in the flesh.

You never really know what to expect, sometimes there are almost no official brands represented, sometimes several.

Expect shops like La Couronne du Comte and Appelboom, also Rolf Thiel, probably Tom Westerich and other Germans.. Some Italian dealers, French, UK, Some from USA, (they combine several shows in one or two weeks)

To get an impression, look at these pictures in the topic about the Nürnberg Penshow in June..

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/197973-nurnberg-pen-show-june-11th/

Enjoy

D.ick

~

~

So very much like Willy Wonka then. Very cook, I've put it in my agenda!.

I might try to convince my boyfriend to come with me. Tilburg isn't that far from here. Just hoping I don't have to work that day, I don't know yet.

Is there an entrance fee?

I might try to convince my boyfriend to come with me. Tilburg isn't that far from here. Just hoping I don't have to work that day, I don't know yet.

Is there an entrance fee?

Yes, there is an entrance fee, but I forgot what it was last year. I think 10 Euro, but I am not sure.

D.ick

~

~

Yeah, the entrance fee is the price for the museum. It was about 10 euros indeed.

Nib (re)plating: please visit www.Dutchpen.com

• 3 weeks later...

I'm planning on getting there, its a great, well organised show with plenty to see and friends to meet. I've just got to book the ferry from England now,

Ian

UK Pen Shows

Cathedral Pens

Writing Equipment Society

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there will be, or whether there are likely to be, nibmeisters in attendance and if so, will they be doing nibmeistering?

Often Francis will attend, but not always. If so, he will probably do some nibsmoothing there.

Others: have not seen them last few years.

D.ick

~

~

• 2 weeks later...

I'll try to be there... it's a "home game" for me, but as I'm visiting a weekend long event related to my other hobby the weekend before, my wife might not let me go :P

... Never underestimate the power of human stupidity ...

Keep track of the progress in my quest for a less terrible handwriting here: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/262105-handwriting-from-hell-a-quest-for-personal-improvement/?do=findComment&comment=2917072

I'll try to be there... it's a "home game" for me, but as I'm visiting a weekend long event related to my other hobby the weekend before, my wife might not let me go :P

Just take her with you, she can have a look at the museum....

D.ick

~

~

I'm going to try and come from Frankfurt. Is anybody else heading over from the South/East (Cologne, Dusseldorf, Bonn, Hessen, Bavaria)? Perhaps we could combine the journey.

I'd be especially interested if a nibmeister will be working their magic there.

Question about nibmeistering was already answered above.

Francis (our own Fountainbel) is, apart from a great pendesigner, also a repairs-man and proficient with nibs. I don't think he covets the title nibmeister.

Probably he will attend, with his CONID brand pens, and if he is there he will almost certainly be doing some nibsmoothing. No grinding at the show (at least not in the past)

I do not know who will come, as the organiser keeps a low profile.

D.ick

~

~

Question about nibmeistering was already answered above.

Francis (our own Fountainbel) is, apart from a great pendesigner, also a repairs-man and proficient with nibs. I don't think he covets the title nibmeister.

Probably he will attend, with his CONID brand pens, and if he is there he will almost certainly be doing some nibsmoothing. No grinding at the show (at least not in the past)

I do not know who will come, as the organiser keeps a low profile.

D.ick

Hi all,

Yes, I'll be there on the CONID stand , with my vintage pens.

I'll surely do some nib smoothing, and - if there is time - perhaps even nib grinding.

Looking forward seeing you there !

Francis

Lovely Francis, looking forward....

D.ick

~

~