If Pen Manufacturers Collaborated...

logantrky

Granted, it will never happen. But what would it look like if major pen manufacturers came together to design a pen?

For me, I would love to see a collaboration between Conway Stewart and Montblanc. I love CS's vintage pen designs along and Montblanc's classic image. Heck, it would be fun to throw some elements of Pelikan in there as well! I could envision a pen that may have CS's lever-filler, MB's vintage high-top cap, and a Pelikan striped body. B)

If you could have your choice of two or three pen companies putting their heads together and designing a pen, who would they be? What would the pen look like?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• logantrky

• playtime

• Keyless Works

• Algester

Top Posters In This Topic

pelikan and pilot. Love to see an ebonite pelikan M800 body in urushi, with a piston filler, and Pilot's FA nib. A man can dream:)

or pelikan and omas - a pelikan M800 made of celluloid, with its extra flessible nib.

J

Edited by playtime

"Writing is 1/3 nib width & flex, 1/3 paper and 1/3 ink. In that order."Bo Bo Olson

"No one needs to rotate a pen while using an oblique, in fact, that's against the whole concept of an oblique, which is to give you shading without any special effort."Professor Propas, 24 December 2010

"IMHO, the only advantage of the 149 is increased girth if needed, increased gold if wanted and increased prestige if perceived. I have three, but hardly ever use them. After all, they hold the same amount of ink as a 146."FredRydr, 12 March 2015

"Surely half the pleasure of life is sardonic comment on the passing show."Sir Peter Strawson

I could envision a pen that may have CS's lever-filler, MB's vintage high-top cap, and a Pelikan striped body. B)

Sounds very much like a vistulated Sheaffer Balance.

Sounds very much like a vistulated Sheaffer Balance.

True.

I guess MB, CS, and Pelikan produce the Sheaffer Balance. :lol:

a Celluloid (platinum?) Piston filler (MB) that has a FA (Pilot) nib but with proprietary repair parts... MB style :X the form will be say M800 (Pelikan)

a Button Filler (Parker), with an Emperor style nib (Sailor) using Makrolon (MB or Lamy) in the style of a Custom Heritage series (Pilot)

A power Filler Double reservoir (Visconti) using the big red material (Parker), with a Triumph nib (Sheaffer) in a form of an MB146 (MB)

a Piston Filler (TWSBI or Pelikan), using Acrylic material (Delta?), with a Parallel nib (Pilot) using Profit KOP dimensions (Sailor)

a Lever Filler (CS), with a Maki-e Urushi finish over ebonite (Nakaya, Danitrio), with Esterbrook nibs (Esterbrook) in the form of PFM (Sheaffer)

A Pilot C/C feed (Pilot), with Sheaffer inlaid nib (Sheaffer), using ionized aluminum, with the form of a Kaweco Sport (Kaweco) with a Visconti My pen system to change the top finial (Visconti)

in the form of a Progear Sigma (Sailor), using Dreamtouch nib (Visconti), with pearlescent material inlaid with Radden, and is a vac filler with snorkel (Sheaffer),

Using Lava Stone as the material (Visconti), loaded with a Piston Filler (Lamy), is a hooded nib with a collector (Parker), using the triangular Omas 360 form factor (Omas)

a Vintaged Brass pen (Retro), is a brass Piston filler (Pelikan), with a Smarttouch tubular nib (Visconti), in the form of MB Leonardo Da Vinci (MB) (is it a bit too steam punkish?)

A Pilot capless fermo mechanism (Pilot) , Parker 51 hooded nib meaning nothing but the tipping is only shown (Parker), with a Platinum converter?, with the dimensions of a Visconti Proporzione Divina (Visconti)

am I creative enough? probably not

Edited by Algester

It would be an Onoto from the Dickens or Magna range with a TWSBI piston filler and an optional Delta Fusion 1.1 stub. Just to join in the mixing, the Chuzzlewit with 14 k 1.1 stub is ok as it is already ;-)

Edited by erpe

pelikan and pilot. Love to see an ebonite pelikan M800 body in urushi, with a piston filler, and Pilot's FA nib. A man can dream:)

J

Oo, nice dream. Yeah, a Nakaya Pelikan with an FA nib. I'd buy that.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Why wait for a manufacturer to do it?

Get yourself a lathe and produce the pens they should be making.

Regards,

Richard.

Good point, Richard! Sounds fun. ;)

Why wait for a manufacturer to do it?

Get yourself a lathe and produce the pens they should be making.

Regards,

Richard.

Or head over to the pen turning forum and you can find someone who could make most of these suggestions.

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

Oo, nice dream. Yeah, a Nakaya Pelikan with an FA nib. I'd buy that.

quite the menage a trois:)

(cold shower cold shower!)

Edited by playtime

"Writing is 1/3 nib width & flex, 1/3 paper and 1/3 ink. In that order."Bo Bo Olson

"No one needs to rotate a pen while using an oblique, in fact, that's against the whole concept of an oblique, which is to give you shading without any special effort."Professor Propas, 24 December 2010

"IMHO, the only advantage of the 149 is increased girth if needed, increased gold if wanted and increased prestige if perceived. I have three, but hardly ever use them. After all, they hold the same amount of ink as a 146."FredRydr, 12 March 2015

"Surely half the pleasure of life is sardonic comment on the passing show."Sir Peter Strawson

Another dream - A Namiki Bamboo (Rhodium preferably) with a Sheaffer inlaid nib, a pull-off cap (to do away with the step from the barrel to the section).

the original design called for an inlaid nib.......

http://manouvrier.pagesperso-orange.fr/jb/images/produits/stilo_pilote04.jpg

Edited by playtime

rotring and Lamy I think they would be an excellent pairing and would serve the design oriented side of the hobby well. It would be amazing to see a macralon rotring 600.

I want a preppy with Lamy's nib and feed.

a piston filler 3776 century with noodler's ebonite feed sounds wonderful.

Sailor nibs on a Nakaya pen with a sailor (realo) piston without the see-through ink window.

Sheaffer and Parker -- a snorkel filled "51"

But, the actual "51" is already pretty good about dealing with low levels of ink in the bottle

Another dream - A Namiki Bamboo (Rhodium preferably) with a Sheaffer inlaid nib, a pull-off cap (to do away with the step from the barrel to the section).

the original design called for an inlaid nib.......

http://manouvrier.pagesperso-orange.fr/jb/images/produits/stilo_pilote04.jpg

Almost bought the Bamboo. Would have bought this one for sure!! Edited by Namo

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!