Informal Review - Purple People Eater - Noodler's Purple

amberleadavis

Sigh...I need to stop reading your reviews amberleadavis. My poor wallet can't handle buying all the inks I see you posting :(

Indeed! And if it weren’t for the money then it would be for the time. One can only use so many inks at once, it’s a real shame. :o)

@amberleadavis: That lineup in post #8 is especially stunning. And those are just the inks from one manufacturer—crazy!

A dwarf’s unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me. We long for a caring Fortress which will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest of doubts. Gold has not been proven not to exist, therefore it must exist.

Philosopher Prokhor Zakharov, ‘For I Have Tasted The Plump Helmet’

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Charles Rice

• abstract49

• napalm

Amber, would you do a side by side posting of the Noodler's purple with the Waterman Tender Purple for a comparison. I use the Tender Purple regularly, but haven't tried the Noodler's!

Also, does anything remain when water is run over it?

Thanks, in advance.

I"ll pull up my samples. Yes, some remains, see the sheets above, but if the water stays on the page, it will wash mostly out.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Colors/Purple/slides/2013-07-21_Purples_Large.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Colors/Purple/slides/2014-Ink_570.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Colors/Purple/slides/2014-Ink_579-Levenger_Regal.jpg

Indeed! And if it weren’t for the money then it would be for the time. One can only use so many inks at once, it’s a real shame. :o)

@amberleadavis: That lineup in post #8 is especially stunning. And those are just the inks from one manufacturer—crazy!

Special thanks to GeoDuc who did that review.

Amber, would you do a side by side posting of the Noodler's purple with the Waterman Tender Purple for a comparison. I use the Tender Purple regularly, but haven't tried the Noodler's!

Also, does anything remain when water is run over it?

Thanks, in advance.

Well, dang, I can't believe I've never written out a sample with Tender Purple. I bought a bottle when Paradise Pen went out of business in Las Vegas.

I can't guarantee when I'll have time to do a side by side, but I'll sure try to get one done for you.

Say it isn't so!

Not to worry Amber, my pink ink budget has not passed three cents yet.

Not to worry Amber, my pink ink budget has not passed three cents yet.

Is that the change from a nickel when you gave some one 2 pennies for their two thoughts?

I love the idea of matching ink and hair color. It's a great regret that I grew up in the 80s and ever dyed my hair hot pink or neon greon - even better blue and purple. Sigh

Ah, it's a fun idea! I had Noodler's Fox-coloured hair up until a few weeks ago. I really missed out on a good opportunity. Aw, you did! Never a better time than right now…

I'll keep watching for the two purple comparisons. Not like you have anything else to fill your time with! LOL :lticaptd:

Fair winds and following seas.

If I haven't gotten to it in the next six months, remind me again.

Amber - are we showing ourage? Am I the only one to remember the Purple People Eater song

But I do love the purple color. Will have to look for it at DC Pen Show

Amber - are we showing ourage? Am I the only one to remember the Purple People Eater song

But I do love the purple color. Will have to look for it at DC Pen Show

I think so.... no one else even commented.

I think I'll help them along.

Here is the original from 1958:

This one has better sound.

I like the comment about blue v purple.

If this made it into the wider world I don't remember it at all - but then, 1958! wasn't doing rock & roll music then...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

it really looks nice on your Avatar, if that is it! i am debating in my mind what would be the three basic inks to have. I have to have black and blue for signing and filling forms. What would be the third i ask? I am debating between a reddish brown but know i think that this purple looks fantastic. Your posts need a Caution! Sign. "Do not read unless prepared to be amazed". i think it is the visual character of your posts

Amberlea, thanks for the trip down memory lane! I never commented before, because I don't use purples much. But I well remember that song, as well as "The Witch Doctor" and "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini," all three from a relatively short time period.

Any ideas for inks that might use those as parts of their names?

Amberlea, thanks for the trip down memory lane! I never commented before, because I don't use purples much. But I well remember that song, as well as "The Witch Doctor" and "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini," all three from a relatively short time period.

Any ideas for inks that might use those as parts of their names?

Okay, well, the Witch Doctor was playing in the office last week. That would have be on of the De Atramentis Witch inks. As for the IBTWYPDB song, how about Buttercup yellow?

Ooops wrong office, I think this is the right one:

http://workoutnirvana.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/not_the_bentover_row.png