New Montblanc Ink Bottle? No More "shoe"?

markh

I got a catalog from Fahrney's today. There was an ad for Montblanc ink, in a round "antique" style bottle.

Considering that the MB "shoe" bottle was one of the best designs ever, this seems like a major step backwards.

Does anyone know if this is a special edition, or if MB has shifted to the new bottle?

"Bad spelling, like bad grammar, is an offense against society."

- - Good Form Letter Writing, by Arthur Wentworth Eaton, B.A. (Harvard);  © 1890

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• Dillo

• markh

• Joane

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the Antique style bottles will be found on the other MB inks (Permanent Gray, Leonardo etc..etc...etc..) other than their mainstay Permanent black, permanent blue, Mystery Black, Midnight Blue, Irish green? or was it Racing green? and royal blue will still be the box shoe bottle

I hope they don't change it. The shoe is beautiful and functional.

"Never Say goodbye, because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting,"

-Peter Pan

I know that Johnathan Swift Seaweed Green came in a round bottle and I believe that the Carlos Collodi special edition also came in a round bottle. I personally can't see them changing their shoe design since it is so engraved in the image that is Montblanc.

What Would The Flying Spaghetti Monster Do?

The LE inks come in those small round bottles...some are one form, others a slightly different one. Diamond was square...but all are 30-35 ml only.

The regular inks are still in the shoe....in I ordered a small bottle of permanent Gray today, I saw some of the normal inks also.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

I/we can hunt for any answer only after you provide us with the name of the ink and/or a scan of the ad.

Brad

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

While some of the LE bottles are round (Permanent Grey and Balzac come to mind), others are square (Leonardo, Einstein, Winterglow).

Gandhi is the only LE that I can think of that came in the boot.

Their "everyday" inks seem to always come in the boot and it doesn't seem like that is changing....at least from my perspective.

pentulant [adjective]: immodest or wanton in search of all things related to pens<BR> [proper noun]: Christine Witt Visit Pentulant<br>

President, Brush Dance - we make high-quality, mindful Calendars, Planners, Journals, and other fun stuff you'll love

I got a catalog from Fahrney's today. There was an ad for Montblanc ink, in a round "antique" style bottle.

Considering that the MB "shoe" bottle was one of the best designs ever, this seems like a major step backwards.

Does anyone know if this is a special edition, or if MB has shifted to the new bottle?

The most recent Fahrney's catalog (Summer 2014) has the new Aurora Austrailia edition pen on the cover. It shows a round bottle of MB ink on the MB page, but it is clearly labeled as a special 90th anniversary Limited Edition gray colored ink. I don't see any other MB ink in the catalog.

Hi,

If you are wondering about the round bottle, that is an off the shelf bottle from VIF, the same company that make bottles for Aurora, OMAS, and Diamine. I have a bottle just like it that came from another source. I don't think Montblanc is giving up their shoe bottle anytime soon. Here is a picture of the bottle I have. You can see it's the same one Montblanc is using for some of their limited edition inks. The cap can be interchanged with the ones on Aurora and Diamine bottles. It's IN-0005 on the VIF website.

14547857187_be2fcb4be5_b.jpg
Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

Hi,

If you are wondering about the round bottle, that is an off the shelf bottle from VIF, the same company that make bottles for Aurora, OMAS, and Diamine. I have a bottle just like it that came from another source. I don't think Montblanc is giving up their shoe bottle anytime soon. Here is a picture of the bottle I have. You can see it's the same one Montblanc is using for some of their limited edition inks. The cap can be interchanged with the ones on Aurora and Diamine bottles. It's IN-0005 on the VIF website.

Dillon

Very interesting! I have never hear of VIF. What is their website? I tried searching for it and couldn't find it.

Very interesting! I have never hear of VIF. What is their website? I tried searching for it and couldn't find it.

Try VIF.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon