• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• logantrky

• sd10521

• VOKEY

I don't poke my head into the MB forum very often, but behind the FPN curtain, we're glad for the help.

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog | My Creative Writing Blog | My Heraldry Designs

http://dcroe05.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/crestdr.png?w=100

Whats it like behind the curtain?

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain."

:P

Of course congratulations and all the best.

Only one question: Shouldn´t it be better to remove the Christian cross from your signature, and leave only the MB logo?

Shouldn´t we FPNers keep our faith preferences for ourselves as a private matter?

plumista

Signatures are for business adverts. You'll find a percentage of our members are ministers, rabbis, mullahs/imams, monks, or hold other faith-based positions. Since their signature is their business card, it's actually permissible where discussion of their work generally would not be.

Similar exceptions include calligraphy examples from assorted scriptures where there are traditions and examples of such (hard to disassociate Arabic calligraphy from Quranic examples given the place in the development of the script or early Bibles when the majority of extant writing from some centuries are faith-based).

Finally there are pens such as the Visconti Mecca & Medina models or the Aurora Papal.

The rules against religious posting developed after posters showed an inability to differ respectfully. Just as so many reviews turn into brand bashing or trolling, discussions of religion or politics likewise descended into flame wars as a contingent refused to leave their real world biases at the door.

Forgive the length of my response, but I wanted our posters to understand the rationale. I personally look forward to the day our global community grows in wisdom to where we can discuss a pen or faith in respectful terms and agree, with civility, to differ.

Signatures are for business adverts. You'll find a percentage of our members are ministers, rabbis, mullahs/imams, monks, or hold other faith-based positions. Since their signature is their business card, it's actually permissible where discussion of their work generally would not be.

Similar exceptions include calligraphy examples from assorted scriptures where there are traditions and examples of such (hard to disassociate Arabic calligraphy from Quranic examples given the place in the development of the script or early Bibles when the majority of extant writing from some centuries are faith-based).

Finally there are pens such as the Visconti Mecca & Medina models or the Aurora Papal.

The rules against religious posting developed after posters showed an inability to differ respectfully. Just as so many reviews turn into brand bashing or trolling, discussions of religion or politics likewise descended into flame wars as a contingent refused to leave their real world biases at the door.

Forgive the length of my response, but I wanted our posters to understand the rationale. I personally look forward to the day our global community grows in wisdom to where we can discuss a pen or faith in respectful terms and agree, with civility, to differ.

Many thanks, GP. I wholeheartedly agree.

As some of you already know, I am a minister at a small church in the Appalachians. I am not intending to proselytize for the Christian faith on FPN. Neither am I intending to offend anyone by displaying the cross. However, you can imagine that it is an integral part of who I am and what I do.

Because the subject was introduced, I felt it was necessary to respectfully address the question.

Again, I thank Ghost Plane for her well spoken explanation. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks, GP. I wholeheartedly agree.

As some of you already know, I am a minister at a small church in the Appalachians. I am not intending to proselytize for the Christian faith on FPN. Neither am I intending to offend anyone by displaying the cross. However, you can imagine that it is an integral part of who I am and what I do.

Because the subject was introduced, I felt it was necessary to respectfully address the question.

Again, I thank Ghost Plane for her well spoken explanation. :)

Your signature file is a respectful and gentle expression of who you are and how you wish to appear in the world.

Edited by meiers

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to your new role, logantrky, and thanks for the helpful info, Ghost Plane :-)

Montblanc / Pelikan / Sailor / Pilot / Lamy / Cross / Parker

The last few posts are an example of why I really enjoy coming here.

You guys and girls are great.

• 4 weeks later...

Just joined FPN yesterday and also own a MB 161 Le Grand platinum ballpoint pen and used for over 2 years. Till now is still my favorite after my Lamy 2000.

Congrats on your new appointment and as for myself, also learning more on MB pens and looking forward for more new articles here as well. :happy:

Lamy 2000 FP, PP, BP, MFP & RB. Mont Blanc Meisterstück 161 Le Grand Platinum BP & Heritage 1912 FP.