My 1St Eversharp Skyline Demi (Navy Blue, Red/green Derby Cap)

KBeezie

Just received my Eversharp Skyline Demi in a deep navy blue, with the center of the cap covered in a red+green striated celluloid and derby style top (which is also navy blue) and a wide cap band. I don't know if there's an exact year on it, just that it's going to be somewhere in between 1941 and 1950.

Some pictures, click to enlarge them to the 1280x960 copy.

I'm still trying to decide on which ink to put into it. Bought this one off Sean (he has quite a few more), I was tempted to go with the honey colored cap one, but it was already spoken for, and it was hard to decide between this one or one of the larger solid navy blue ones.

http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/eversharp_skyline_demi/720/capped1.jpg

http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/eversharp_skyline_demi/720/capped2.jpg

http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/eversharp_skyline_demi/720/cap.jpg

http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/eversharp_skyline_demi/720/uncapped.jpg

http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/eversharp_skyline_demi/720/posted.jpg

It's certainly one of my shorter pens...

http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/eversharp_skyline_demi/cased.jpg

Note to self: don't wear stripped shirts when taking pen pics.

Edited by KBeezie

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KBeezie

• Sridhar

• Cryptos

• mAsTeRmInD-L

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a beauty!

Despite my desire for a Parker 51 - which I really do enjoy - I actually have a thing about Skylines. The design really speaks to me. As it is I have one that is being restored by Sean (it's a gold filled cap, burgundy body standard) that I got for a song on Ebay. It has an abbsolute nail for a nib but it is so smooth and perfect for writing in my Midori notebook. I also have first dibs on another that has the red stripey cap and a flexy nib. My fortunes are changing a little of late - partner has been able to secure an internship position, so that should help with the finances. I can easily see myself chasing a green one in the future.

That's a beauty!

Despite my desire for a Parker 51 - which I really do enjoy - I actually have a thing about Skylines. The design really speaks to me. As it is I have one that is being restored by Sean (it's a gold filled cap, burgundy body standard) that I got for a song on Ebay. It has an abbsolute nail for a nib but it is so smooth and perfect for writing in my Midori notebook. I also have first dibs on another that has the red stripey cap and a flexy nib. My fortunes are changing a little of late - partner has been able to secure an internship position, so that should help with the finances. I can easily see myself chasing a green one in the future.

Yea I'll probably get a standard in a green one if I can find one for a decent price. Only other vintage pen I have in a nice green is a Sheaffer Touchdown Admiral in Evergreen Green. I'd love to a striated celluloid in a deep green or something like the old Sheaffer Balance in Jade.

One of my friend's said it looks like a clown pen, but I find the red/green mix to be rather attractive, though I was gunning for a honey striated cap at first.

This is so beautiful. Congratulations to you for such a gem!

Hope you can post some writing tests after deciding which ink to use. Let's see how it dances on its paper stage!

- L

Thats a beauty! How is the nib - looks to be a fine : does it have flex? If I were you I would ink it with Diamine Green Black or Salamander to subtly match with the green stripes

You take nice photos. That's a really neat Skyline.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Thats a beauty! How is the nib - looks to be a fine : does it have flex? If I were you I would ink it with Diamine Green Black or Salamander to subtly match with the green stripes

It appears to be about a fine, has a small amount of flex. (not as flexy as say my two platinum pens, or the falcon with a soft fine).

Did a quick write up on a sheet of rhodia with some of my vintage pens (except for one, being the PTL)

http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/eversharp_skyline_demi/write.jpg

Oh yes - there is some flex there. looks juicy and soft. These pens have the best of feeds that keep the nib nice and wet. I got mine from Greg Minuskin a few days ago - a 0.70 mm stub.

fpn_1404906286__gminuskin_skyline.jpg

The photograph is from his site (can't take as good photos like you)

Cheers and enjoy!!!