Has Anyone Heard Of This Ebay Seller From Japan - Some Bargain Wins!

Sridhar

Hi,

Has anyone heard of an ebay seller from Japan called "bombare387" ?

He claims to be new on ebay and is auctioning some phenomenal Sailor pens with speciality nibs and some are going at bargain prices.

A Naginata Togi nib:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331258878815?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

An Emperor nib:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331257985851?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• Brian C

• KBeezie

• katerchen

If it's too good to be true... I'd be curious to see what feedback he gets from the existing sales or if his account suddenly ends up being de-registered. Also he's been on eBay for over a month, and just now suddenly selling some high value items. (I think brand new users are limited to listing more than 1k USD when they're under 10 feedback, I'd have to look again)

All the pens he's selling looks brand new, but yet doesn't seem to be a store or something.

Edited by KBeezie

I know...Normally when I snipe in the last ten seconds chances are I get it if I am the high bidder. Just have a look at this one :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331258881611?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

I bid $174.99 when 10 seconds were left and the high bid at that time was $125.50 and thus I became the high bidder at $167.50. Suddenly when only 3 seconds were left, I got sniped and the winner got in by $0.01to finish at $175!

The same pen's lowest price across japan is $273 from Taizo. I am wondering what is happening here!!!!!!!

During Taizo's ebay auction days, crazy prices were normal. I hope this guy is able to sustain the loss for as long as Taizo did(5-6years!) before his back finally broke.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

During Taizo's ebay auction days, crazy prices were normal. I hope this guy is able to sustain the loss for as long as Taizo did(5-6years!) before his back finally broke.

Rightly Said Hari, Maine Taizo ke Shashan ke dauran Behti Ganga mein khoob haath dhoye hain :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Edited by bk123

"It's simple to be happy but difficult to be simple"

Rightly Said Hari, Maine Taizo ke Shashan ke dauran Behti Ganga mein khoob haath dhoye hain :)

uski barbadi mein hum sab the barabar ke shareek.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

I did not have experience with that seller, but I did experience the same kind of auction a few month back(Japanese seller with 0 feedback). Got a MB 225 cheap from him (40$ or so) and account was unregistered quickly after the auction for violation of ebay rules.

I think it's because you need a confirmed paypal address or/and previous feedback before starting selling on ebay. Anyway, even if the account was closed, I did received the pen quickly and was protected at all time because I paid through paypal.

Those auction sometimes might be sketchy but as long as you protect yourself (ebay/paypal), or using a credit card through paypal you should have enough recourse to get anything lost back.

Ps: the price of bombare387 stayed low also because he made a big mistake: he only ships to USA... So a lot of potential customer like me(Canada) avoided his auctions.

I would never recommend bidding on 0 feedback sellers on ebay, but the ebay system makes it safe to do so. So, it's the buyer choice!!!

Good Luck.

Edited by frenchguy86

Rightly Said Hari, Maine Taizo ke Shashan ke dauran Behti Ganga mein khoob haath dhoye hain :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Hari, somewhere Taizo would have averaged out or made money during those years. Now he chooses to make much more!

Binod Saab - Un dino tho aap logon ne khoob aish kiya. haath kya, ganga snan hua kartha tha aap logon ka......!

well hope some lucky souls from usa make good of his bargain prices

i am yet to get lucky so far

Pilot custom heritage 74 all nibs, 742 Fa and PO nibs, 823 F 92 F,M, 3776 FM,EF,1911F

And all indian pens

Thanks to Sridhar, when more people get to know about the sales, his ending prices will become normal. Good for the seller and the hobby in general. we want sellers to stay not pack up.

I did not have experience with that seller, but I did experience the same kind of auction a few month back(Japanese seller with 0 feedback). Got a MB 225 cheap from him (40$ or so) and account was unregistered quickly after the auction for violation of ebay rules.

I think it's because you need a confirmed paypal address or/and previous feedback before starting selling on ebay. Anyway, even if the account was closed, I did received the pen quickly and was protected at all time because I paid through paypal.

Those auction sometimes might be sketchy but as long as you protect yourself (ebay/paypal), or using a credit card through paypal you should have enough recourse to get anything lost back.

Ps: the price of bombare387 stayed low also because he made a big mistake: he only ships to USA... So a lot of potential customer like me(Canada) avoided his auctions.

I would never recommend bidding on 0 feedback sellers on ebay, but the ebay system makes it safe to do so. So, it's the buyer choice!!!

Good Luck.

I had a 'similar' incident back in May, the seller was from Japan only had/have 3 feedbacks, hasn't sold/bought anything since November (hence those 3 feedbacks), had a bunch of Montblanc and Pilot pens for sale. I won the auction on this Pilot Elite Mini with an 18K Soft Fine nib (which in the item details was listed as a Montblanc brand). The final price came to 25 USD plus 10 USD shipping and I had paid right after I won.

Within 30 minutes all of his listings were removed and he was 'no longer registered'. I shot him off an email thru ebay (Figured it would get forwarded to him) and went ahead and opened a claim just in case.

He did get back to me within 24 hours, and I asked if he would still be able to send the pen since I had already paid, and he was happy to do so. He mentioned that his account was suspended pending identification information (I imagine he tripped some red flags with all the MontBlanc all the sudden) but would have his account active again by June 1st.

I did actually receive the pen better than I expected, but his account never came back online.

I got lucky with that one, I don't expect to get lucky again.

I just received a "second chance" offer on a Sailor Professional Gear with a zoom nib from this seller. He now has a 100% Ebay rating (albeit with one feed back).

What should we be looking at? From what I see, one guy won a lot by sniping, but the only highly suspicious bidder I saw on the bidding history of several of his items is someone with 18 or so bid retraction in the last 6 months and a high percentage of bidding of the seller items(40% bids).

But at the same time his strategy doesn't make sense: he bid like max 100$ on Sailor KOPs, nowhere near expected end of auction prices.

I'm interested because last time I have heard of ebay seller malpractice, it was the not long ago Montblanc 24 demonstrator case found on the forum:

near the end of auction someone with a high % of bid on the seller added 300$ to the end price then retracted his bid(the user had a big history of bid retractions)...

Any advice for safe ebay-buying is welcome,

Thanks

I noticed he *still* has only 3 feedbacks, despite several of the auctions ending, but has 9 positive given in the last month. Which means the same people who count for that 3 feedback score are the same ones for the recent feedbacks (ie: his feedback score won't increase unless someone new provides feedback).

Edited by KBeezie

I just received a perfectly good Sailor Emperor Naginata Togi nib pen from him. I also asked him how was he able to afford such low prices, apparently he is taking Taizo strategy(from what I understand Taizo would aim to make money in long run).

I just received a perfectly good Sailor Emperor Naginata Togi nib pen from him. I also asked him how was he able to afford such low prices, apparently he is taking Taizo strategy(from what I understand Taizo would aim to make money in long run).

That would probably make you the first person to leave him feedback since November or so (since it's now 4, meaning the only one out of the 10 that's a new buyer since November).

I think now that he has 10 feedback he's able to list more than a thousand dollars worth of Inventory I think. (not sure if the guidelines differ for Japan).