Inky T O D - Pink Ink - Do You Own It? Do You Use It? When? Where?

amberleadavis

One time somebody asked here whether a man could use Yama Budo. I use Yama Budo. But he asked specifically because he was color blind and he was concerned that it might be too feminine. I advised him not to and took a little bit of criticism for it. But I figure it's one of those "If you have to ask..." things. I don't have to ask. Bring on the pink ink!

I know my id is "mhosea", but you can call me Mike. It's an old Unix thing.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Icywolfe

• napalm

• mhosea

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One time somebody asked here whether a man could use Yama Budo. I use Yama Budo. But he asked specifically because he was color blind and he was concerned that it might be too feminine. I advised him not to and took a little bit of criticism for it. But I figure it's one of those "If you have to ask..." things. I don't have to ask. Bring on the pink ink!

I recall that thread. At the time the post struck a cord in me and made me think that way for a bit, but then I decided to really look at YB scans on the internet and it's not even really "pink" per se. Not that I have anything wrong with guys writing with pink ink. In fact I posted earlier in this thread that I have C d'A Sunset. Pure bubble gum pink is too hard of a colour to write with, as is pure lemon yellow.

Definitely Pink without hesitation! Pink without reason! Pink for every occasion!

Pink inks, pink pens, pink paper, pink tutus too....

Just Think Pink like Funny Face

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/b1/6c/8e/b16c8ed48fda0760f40610cd3355f301.jpg

I absolutely adore Pink! Pink is the loveliest, prettiest, sweetest color in all existence!!!! Pink has been my favorite color all my life and that will never change! :wub:

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

Hey, those aren't pink.

Tamon Purple Grey is the color of bruising and just awful, but it's not pink. You can't fool me. Ask Mrs. Napalm for confirmation. :)

Hey now, while I agree that those aren't pink Tamon Purple Grey is lovely. It's the color of shadows in Barbizon School and Impressionist paintings, a lovely grey-violet since all shadows were seen as purple.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20resized_zps9ihtoixe.png

I had to check what I had because I have quite a few pinks and pinkish-purplish inks. :)

Bottles I Own:

J Herbin Bouquet D'Antan (Quintessential Ballerina Pink)

Organics Studio Emily Dickinson (I am surprised that this is one of my most used inks; I just reach for it unconsciously...or that could also be the Pilot Metropolitan I have it in. A great combo.)

Noodler's Cactus Fruit Eel (So juicy and vibrant! This is a loud and fun ink.)

Monteverde Purple (LOVE Love Love!!!)

Ottoman Rose (which reminds me of lipstick red with a little pink)

Diamine Majestic Purple (I dilute this ink and it makes a really pretty pink. Of course it is a great purple too)

J Herbin Larmes De Cassis (a soft vintage mauve purple pink)

On my Wish List:

J Herbin Rose Tendresse

De Atramentis Heather Violet

Monteverde Pink

There are other ones I still haven't tried yet that I am wanting of course... several De Atramentis inks that are hard to find (Magic Fairy, Mimosa, Birthday) although they are more of a purple-pink, they have enough pink in them to be more than just purple but are too purple to be called pink.

(I love inks in that category! Can you tell?) ;)

I am going to stop before I get started on my purple inks....lol :)

Pink Paper: I love G Lalo Rose Tablet! It is the perfect pink paper! I scent mine with essential rose oil so my letters have a lovely fragrance. I also have and love the lavender tablet.

Pink Pens: Noodler's Ahab Pink Panther (I found an all pink one on Amazon); Artista Crystal Pink (I actually have the purple one but the pink is on my wish list); and I have a custom pink pen made by Jeb from Jebs Pens.

A dream pen I love is S.T. Dupont Limited Edition Audrey Hepburn Pearly White and Pink Fountain Pen:

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/5a/c3/be/5ac3bedffe0cac8f2efa0eefe6ca7b73.jpg

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

Hey now, while I agree that those aren't pink Tamon Purple Grey is lovely. It's the color of shadows in Barbizon School and Impressionist paintings, a lovely grey-violet since all shadows were seen as purple.

I just decided I will use it for Halloween cards :P

This is "En Pointe" my custom pen made by Jebs Pens. Jonathon Brooks custom poured the blank.

http://media-cache-cd0.pinimg.com/736x/0b/62/35/0b623524080ba9af961f492a68f1e88d.jpg

Tessy Moon

So far Levenger Pomegranate is a fun color. Goes real well in my burgundy Parker 45......

I will have to do a full review of it. It just arrived today, so I haven't had much chance to use it yet.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

So far Levenger Pomegranate is a fun color. Goes real well in my burgundy Parker 45......

I will have to do a full review of it. It just arrived today, so I haven't had much chance to use it yet.

I look forward to seeing your review! I have Levenger Blue Bahama and like it a lot. Pomegranate looks really interesting to me too.

Tessy Moon

No, no, no. No pink ink. Don't even really like red red, prefer red/black, blood red. Finally, a thread on something I'm not tempted to buy. Have worn pink oxford shirts, so it's not a total bias, but no thanks to pink ink.

Yes, I use various pink inks for a variety of informal notes, memos, and crossword puzzle books.

Okay, let's trade. I'll send you the purple bruise and some other inks and you send me tears of a clown. :)

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I don't think I could ever write with pink inks, even some purples are just too much. But then I'm more of a browns and greys kinda girl.

Pink is just one of those colours I have a severe aversion to, along with most reds except Oxblood.

Do you think an aversion is just a matter of taste, or is it something negatively associated with gender conformity? Some people have aversions to classical blue inks because they were forced to use it in school. The only ink color I can remember having an actual aversion to is one that a lot of women seem to like--RK Alt-Goldgrun. If I saw such a liquid in nature, I would not want to smell or touch it.

Edited by mhosea

I know my id is "mhosea", but you can call me Mike. It's an old Unix thing.

I just got a bottle of Sailor Jentle Peach Pink, but for art purposes. I put it in my Pilot Petit 3, intending to use it for flesh tones and florals in my sketchwork. I don't think I'd ever write with it, though. It's a lovely color, but much too light and eye-straining when trying to read back the writing samples I made with it. I'll stick with darker colors for pure writing, though I'm considering a couple of the J. Herbin pinks (Bouquet D'Antan and Rouille D'Anchre) for sketching as well.

I came late to the love of pink itself as a color. I think I got it shoved down my throat as a kid, and nothing was as sure a way to make me DISlike anything. However, I came around in my 30's. Still not really a pink girl, but I don't loathe it.

Exactly, the picture my mother delights in showing everyone is of me at around 2 years old standing in front of the garden in my pastel pink Easter outfit looking like I want everyone dead. She likes to point out I was born with a difficult attitude. I like to point out that you do not put a redhead in Pink for the love of all that is holy! I have always hated pink. Partially because she insisted on me wearing it as a child and partially because it makes me look like a corpse (okay more like a corpse-you got to love the great coloring you get with the hair-I've accepted it and call it vampire chic now :lticaptd: ).

However, I discovered just recently OS Emily Dickenson and while I will most definitely never be a girly pink type I really like that color. It really, really pops off the page. I also just got a bottle of Pinkly and feel the same way about it. So Hot Pink I like but any whimpy pastel pinks--no thanks. Just too much trauma there! :P

BTW, I have a nice Hot Pink No Nonsense pen that matches perfectly. :rolleyes:

I own a pink ink from unknown origin.

My sister likes pink, so I use it to write letters to her.

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

I have a very serious looking Lamy and I like to keep it filled with something like Cape Cod Cranberry just for signing court reports.

Well that one looks like you're definitely doing it on purpose. To maintain some plausible deniability, I would go for Diamine Flamingo Pink. Have some photos at hand featuring flamingos in your backyard "Your honor, I swear it was because my love for this color!".