Inky T O D - Pink Ink - Do You Own It? Do You Use It? When? Where?

amberleadavis

So, for several months now, FPNer Charles Rice and I have been making jokes about Pink Ink. Can you imagine, he doesn't use Pink Ink - doesn't own Pink Ink - and presumably doesn't like Pink Ink.

I'm simply shocked.

So, what's your opinion? To Pink or not to Pink your Ink?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Icywolfe

• napalm

• mhosea

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pink! Pink! I use it for everything when I feel like it. :)

Edited by alarickc

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20resized_zps9ihtoixe.png

I don't own pink or use it. It's not really my sort of colour in the same way I don't like or have black ink.

I started a thread about using pink ink for marking pupils work at the school I work in. This has now in fact changed to red, so I no longer use pink ink. although must say it was a welcome change from the Blue's/Blacks I am usually accustomed too.

''You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes''. A A Milne

No.... don't have any, won't buy any...

Maybe I would try a free sample, but it's not really my colour. (like most browns, purples, blacks...)

Edited by Gaslight

What a strange world we live in, where people communicate by text more than ever before, yet the art of proper handwriting is seen as a thing from the past.

http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

Caran d'Ache Sunset

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2268/2229811869_b3e00a7993.jpg

LOL... I am not a "pink" girl... by any stretch of the imagination.... But I do like my pink ink. Specially coming out of a serious looking pen... LOL :lol: .. I definitely don't own pink pens... ;)

I have

PR Arabian Rose

Akkerman # 20 Pulchri Pink

Iroshizuko Kosumosu

Noodlers Ottoman Rose

Noodlers Shah's Rose

Noodlers Baystate Cranberry

Noodlers UK Highland Heather

Kobe #12 Okamoto Pink

Kobe #30 Ooji Cherry

Diamine Hope Pink

Diamine Cerise

Diamine Flamingo Pink

Toucan Magenta

OS Emily Dickinson

DeAtramentis Almond Flower
Levenger Pinkly

Edited by Cyber6

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Nope. Don't own it, have never used it. I am not attracted to pink inks and generally prefer darker shades.

I have my doubts about MB Honoré de Balzac ("dandy turquoise"), R & K Helianthus is my lightest yellow / orange ink and I'm not yet convinced. However, I have been using MB Ink of Joy (bright orange) in a TWSBI stub and it's been, well, a joy to use and certainly not one of the darker shades. So, who knows?

Current favorites are: Simplisties Violet, Asa-gao, Lie de Thé, Syrah, Alt-Goldgrün, MB Black.

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

LOL... I am not a "pink" girl... by any stretch of the imagination.... But I do like my pink ink. Specially coming out of a serious looking pen... LOL :lol: .. I definitely don't own pink pens... ;)

Now, this is a valid reason for pink ink.

Serious business meeting, you grab your MontBlanc 149 to sign a contract and suddenly: pink! :lticaptd:

What a strange world we live in, where people communicate by text more than ever before, yet the art of proper handwriting is seen as a thing from the past.

http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

I have used Iroshizuku Tsutsuji and Diamine Hope Pink to mark student work before. I particularly love the latter's eye-searing colour; pity it's such a bugger to wash out of pens!

Edited by MCWB

I have Diamine Claret and I use very often. I do want to get more pink inks though. I've been eyeing Iroshizuku Tsutsuji and Diamine Cerise. I like pink and I love the mismatch that Cyber6 discusses; a serious pen with a fun ink :D.

Edited by CaptainBA

I'll keep on struggling, 'cause that's the measure of a man.

I am open to all colors (except teal sold as Blue or Blue Black; when it's honestly sold as Teal it's OK though).

This being said, my most pinkish ink is Murasaki (which is actually a lavender pushed to reds).

However if owning pink ink is a must in order to qualify for the FPN Hall of [sh]/[F]ame, I could get a Bethge No 10 Pink just for the heck of it.

Anyone interested in a review of such?

I'm much the same. Not a pink kind of girl either, but I love the reaction when Diamine Hope Pink comes rushing out of my big, black, matte pens. I do, however, own one pink pen which I often fill with Hope Pink just for the overkill. A hot pink Parker Urban - it was cheap, it is VERY pink, and it writes like a dream. It saddens me to say it, but it even writes better than both of my Viscontis...

As for my pink inks... I have quite a few and use them for grading, notes, doodling, plotting, and planning.

My Pink(ish) inks:

J. Herbin Rouge Bourgogne

Iroshizuku Kosumoso

Diamine Hope Pink

Caran d'Ache Sunset

Private Reserve Arabian Rose

Diamine Scarlet

Diamine Cerise

Diamine Pink

Diamine Coral

J. Herbin Rose Cyclamen

I'm sure there are a few others, but I can't recall off the top of my head...

I had no pinkish inks until this spring, when I suddenly decided I had to have De At Appleblossom and Diamine Coral. (I blame Goulet!) I use them when I need a happy color to write with.

Fountain Pens: Still cheaper than playing Warhammer 40K

I didn't used to think of myself as a pink ink lover, but recently I've been won over. Before, the only few I bent for were Caran d'Ache Sunset (still my favourite!) and Iroshizuku Tsutsuji. Then I branched out and started trying some Diamine pinks, and then Sailor inks, and then I was hooked.

Still, it's not like I always have a pen filled with pink ink, but I am glad to have several to choose from when I'm in the mood. The only two ink colours I have yet to come around on are black and brown. But if I eventually came to love pink ink, then anything is possible.

Having explored the blues fairly well, I'm currently exploring reds, and I don't tend to like the orange reds, so I'm mostly exploring the pinkish reds. I think Nagasawa Kobe #20 Motomachi Rouge is actually waiting for me at home. I'm not really sure how far I will go with this. I seriously doubt I could get as far away from red and magenta as J. Herbin Rose Tendresse. I like a lot of contrast, and lighter, muted pinks are not going to give it, but I do like Noodler's Ottoman Rose and Caran D'Ache Sunset.

I know my id is "mhosea", but you can call me Mike. It's an old Unix thing.

The closest thing to pink I currently have for FPs is Black Swan in Australian Roses. I do have a pink felt tipped pen I write with regularly.

I've had my eye on some Diamine Pink Flamingo, perhaps it's time to pick up a bottle ;)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I have deep magenta which is about the nearest i'm probably likely to go towards pink, but the only reason why I have that is for the possibilty of mixing my own inks (with yellow and turquoise) in the future

Pink isn't my kinda colour really

Edited by WateryFlow

Oh yes!!!!! I really like the pink-purple range. And I use it as well. As a woman, not need to care about the fact that should or shouldn't use pink inks, I use them whenever its please me.

Although not have a big collection of pinks:

J. Herbin - Rose Tendresse

J. Herbin - Rose Cyclamen

Diamine - Claret

R&K Solferino in some case turns out pink enough, mean to close to the Claret, instead of the purple.

Use them for note taking or in my diary.

I passionately love pink inks. I have a penpal who does too, and recently made up this checklist of my inventory to remind me what I'd written to her with.

COLOR (BOTTLES)

__ Athena Koubai
__ Caran d'Ache Sunset
__ De Atramentis Antique Pink
__ De Atramentis Pink
__ Diamine Bougainvillea
__ Diamine Carnation
__ Diamine Cerise
__ Diamine Deep Magenta
__ Diaminge Flamingo Pink
__ Diamine Hope Pink
__ Diamine Pink