A Plethora Of Rhodia

Darcy1978

I am organising a course for teachers, and I am giving all twenty-two participants a Rhodiarama Webnotebook in A5-format. Apart from giving them a useful notebook during the course, I am also sneakily introducing most of them to high-class stationary. Yesterday all the books were delivered at my house - and I will now have to hold on to them for 2,5 months (I had not expected them to arrive so soon). I will have to practice an enormous amount of restraint, as you can probably imagine. I could build a tower out of them, or create a diorama. Observant people will notice there are 25 books and I have 22 teachers in my course. So there's one for the course leader, one for a colleague of mine, and one for me. Last year I did the same thing and took the remaining book, which was the chocolate brown one. This year I think I'll keep one before letting the teachers choose. Which one shall I take?

post-104873-0-68064200-1405404877_thumb.jpg

<p>Hors d'oeuvres must be obeyed at all times.</p>

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darcy1978

• Anne-Sophie

• adyf

• theverdictis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Turquoise for me!

''You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes''. A A Milne

Orange! Aren't the orange Rhodias supposed to be hard to fi...

:)

I'd take that one between the lilac and the pink. What is that, plum?

I am organising a course for teachers, and I am giving all twenty-two participants a Rhodiarama Webnotebook in A5-format. Apart from giving them a useful notebook during the course, I am also sneakily introducing most of them to high-class stationary. Yesterday all the books were delivered at my house - and I will now have to hold on to them for 2,5 months (I had not expected them to arrive so soon). I will have to practice an enormous amount of restraint, as you can probably imagine. I could build a tower out of them, or create a diorama. Observant people will notice there are 25 books and I have 22 teachers in my course. So there's one for the course leader, one for a colleague of mine, and one for me. Last year I did the same thing and took the remaining book, which was the chocolate brown one. This year I think I'll keep one before letting the teachers choose. Which one shall I take?

Apart from the great idea, the first thing that springs to mind is that the person in charge of the school budget must be generous when there's much cheaper options available. The lady that runs my partners school budget would never agree to this. :)

Apart from the great idea, the first thing that springs to mind is that the person in charge of the school budget must be generous when there's much cheaper options available. The lady that runs my partners school budget would never agree to this. :)

It's not a course for one school. I work at an organisation that supports schools, and this is a course for teachers (in fact co-ordinators, middle managers) from multiple schools. They pay for the course, and it's always nice to give them something luxurious or nice when they take time out of school to come to our course, which lasts five days spread out over four months. I got a nice discount from the unparallelled La Couronne Du Comte in the Netherlands, and I think the price per book was just over 10 euros. Let me stress that I am careful to over-spend tax payers' money - but the tax payer should also realise we can't use any old paper now can we? :)

Ooh, having to narrow down to one color -- that's a toughie. Personally, I'd be hard pressed to choose between the turquoise and any of the four or five colors to the right of it (basically, all the colors between the bright green and the bright red).

What color(s) do *you* like best normally? Because, when push comes to shove, that's going to be your final criteria: which color are you going to be happiest with? I mean, you might really like that bright green -- but I would never pick out a notebook (or pretty much anything else) in that color for myself.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

- but the tax payer should also realise we can't use any old paper now can we? :)

Absolutely, I use Rhodia notebooks at work, just can't get them to pay for it. :)

These are so nice and wonderful to write in. I found out one time that a bookchain in norway had these for a limited time. So I took a black ... And a brown ... And a purple.

And a pink as well. For my daughter. :)

Instagram: @fountainpensnorway

Ooh, having to narrow down to one color -- that's a toughie. Personally, I'd be hard pressed to choose between the turquoise and any of the four or five colors to the right of it (basically, all the colors between the bright green and the bright red).

What color(s) do *you* like best normally? Because, when push comes to shove, that's going to be your final criteria: which color are you going to be happiest with? I mean, you might really like that bright green -- but I would never pick out a notebook (or pretty much anything else) in that color for myself.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Inkstainedruth, good choices! :happyberet:

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

Teachers? You will want to introduce them to high quality stationery instead of demonstrating how they can stand still well.

I ride a recumbent, I play go, I use Macintosh so of course I use a fountain pen.

I wish Rhodia made those as notepads, there are Clairefontaine notepads but the colors are always "assorted". So annoying!

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

Ambiguous !

Is a "plethora" 22 books or 25 books ? 24 ?

The problem has puzzled me for several lustra. (plural of lustrum ?)

:lticaptd:

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Ambiguous !

Is a "plethora" 22 books or 25 books ? 24 ?

The problem has puzzled me for several lustra. (plural of lustrum ?)

:lticaptd:

In Dutch, latin singulars often have a latin plural. So, the plural of 'museum' in Dutch is 'musea' and likewise it's one lustrum and two lustra. In English this does not seem to be the case. The V&A and the National Gallery are two museums and the word lustrum for a five-year anniversary isn't even used.

A plethora simply means an awful lot. I couldn't find a collective noun for Rhodias, but perhaps it could be 'an awesomeness of Rhodia' or 'a delectation of Rhodia'

http://www.basbleu.com/graphics/products/regular/UH0392.jpg

Edited by Darcy1978

Cool gift for them , I hope they can appreciate it. I would have a devil of a time choosing... Blue? Orange?

Never heard of dutch latin though! ;)

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

I think I will be going for blue - the one closest to 'royal' blue. I told the people at the store that the selection of colours didn't matter, but as they sent the darker colours twice, next time I'll ask for one full set and one half of the brighter side of the spectrum.

If there is pig Latin why can't there be Dutch Latin? But seriously, Latin loan words seem to behave differently in different languages.

• 4 weeks later...

In Dutch, latin singulars often have a latin plural. So, the plural of 'museum' in Dutch is 'musea' and likewise it's one lustrum and two lustra. In English this does not seem to be the case. The V&A and the National Gallery are two museums and the word lustrum for a five-year anniversary isn't even used.

In proper English they often do (data, media etc). Personally I believe we should properly refer to internet fora, not forums. And stadia not stadiums. It drives me nuts.

What's even worse is when ignorant art students talk about different mediums in their "mixed media" compositions!

:wallbash:

Edited by RGH