Moire

Cryptos

Anyone know where to find Skylines in green moire pattern? I saw one on an enthusiast site but the quoted price was $100 above the price of the more common Skylines with stripy caps,which I thought somewhat excessive for a pen that has sat waiting for sale for at least several months.

Not seeing anything on the 'bay.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cryptos

• LBpens

• Sridhar

• AndrewC

The Moire pens are a great deal scarcer than the others, and amongst the moire patterns some colors are even harder to find. The moire pens do go for a fair bit more, although it would seem $100 for that model is too much. I don't know if you have seen this link before (I throw it around a lot) from Jim Mamouides' Pen Hero, bit it lists a lot of different sellers as well as other club boards that might have a FS board as well. http://penhero.com/PenBookmarks.htm

I too am on the look out for a Moire model for my daughter as that is her middle name. Eventually my wallet and the pen will coincide. Good hunting.

Some people say they march to a different drummer. Me? I hear bagpipes.

The Moires are much more scarce and they are subject to discoloration. A nice green (hardest to find) Moire with good color is 150-175 in my opinion. The one with the gold filled derby is 250.

Save the Wahls!

Well, I stumbled across a model in Blue that was touted as 'near mint' with a flexible nib and came with a matching pencil. Starting price was $125 and the auction ran for several days. There were no bids whatsoever. So, what gives? If these things are rare and command high prices I would have thought that a near minty pen/pencil set would garner a premium price.

I see you have become quite the eversharp fan! I too let go a of both green and blue moires as they went beyond my wallet. But sometime they slip by under because nobody notices. So if you have found a good minty set just go it for provided you are satisfied with the seller.

Send me the link. I won't let it go for $125. Remember, ebay auctions don't really materialize until the final seconds.

Save the Wahls!

Sridhar, what can I say? The design of the Skylines in particular really appeal to my sense of the aesthetic. As far as writing is concerned I have yet to find a pen that I cannot use. I have big hands, and recently I was given a Reform 1745 and a Parker English Slimfold. Both are very thin short pens and yet I can use them with ease and comfort. My Parker 51 feels good too, as does the Parker 51 Demi that I have, despite the differences. Utility aside, the Skyline has such an arresting design. I almost cannot stop looking at it. And the way the body is shaped feels right and natural in my hand.

So, yes, I am in love with the Skyline... but I am still happy to have torrid affairs with other pens! :D

Edited by Cryptos

Anyone know where to find Skylines in green moire pattern? I saw one on an enthusiast site but the quoted price was $100 above the price of the more common Skylines with stripy caps,which I thought somewhat excessive for a pen that has sat waiting for sale for at least several months.

Not seeing anything on the 'bay.

Not the Green you are looking for, but I just saw this on ebay... three days to go and only four bids...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Wahl-Eversharp-Blue-Moire-Skyline-Fountain-pen-pencil-set-/171386749935?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27e77243ef

Take a look...

Yeah, I saw that one ... but it's got someone's name emblazoned on it. Vandalism in my mind (from an aesthetic perspective of course!).

Sridhar, what can I say? The design of the Skylines in particular really appeal to my sense of the aesthetic. As far as writing is concerned I have yet to find a pen that I cannot use. I have big hands, and recently I was given a Reform 1745 and a Parker English Slimfold. Both are very thin short pens and yet I can use them with ease and comfort. My Parker 51 feels good too, as does the Parker 51 Demi that I have, despite the differences. Utility aside, the Skyline has such an arresting design. I almost cannot stop looking at it. And the way the body is shaped feels right and natural in my hand.

So, yes, I am in love with the Skyline... but I am still happy to have torrid affairs with other pens! :D

Oh yes yes Cryptos - the skyline and the symphony are both things of beauty. both of us began our quest on eversharp roughly the same time. I also love looking at the pens and carrying them in pocket. I suppose you have a parker Vac. if not you will love them too.

Yeah, I saw that one ... but it's got someone's name emblazoned on it. Vandalism in my mind (from an aesthetic perspective of course!).

but remember it is unrestored.....

Hmmm, I am not sure that restoration will lead to removal of the name though. I don't have a Parker Vac, and have no plans to get one any time soon, though they do look interesting.

It's a demi, but still a good buy for 95 and free shipping IMO

The moire pens with gold filled derby are probably the best-looking of all skylines to me

Save the Wahls!

I don't have a Parker Vac, and have no plans to get one any time soon, though they do look interesting.

David, be very careful how you say this. I didn't either, but I kept seeing them. Then I held and wrote with one. Then I held and wrote with a brown striated Balance. Did I mention the DuoFold? Vintage pens are horribly addictive! I buy complete pens in need of cleaning and restoring, but with no cracks or missing/bent nibs. While they won't be showpieces, I can hold and use them. They just feel better to me than most new pens, and they all have things to tell us. Good luck in your search.

Paul

"Nothing is impossible, even the word says 'I'm Possible!'" Audrey Hepburn

• 3 weeks later...

Well I just let a Silver Moire slip past at $65. Somehow I couldn't bring myself to bid on it. Something about it... you know, you get that nagging feeling... THIS ONE