Any Nathan Tardif News?

fiberdrunk

What is Noodler's up to these days? I miss hearing about Nathan's latest ink and fountain pen experiments. Have I missed any news? It seems quiet. And I'm bummed I can't get the large bottles of Noodler's ink any more.

eta: I seem to remember there was going to be a Noodler's music nib... did that ever materialize?

Edited by fiberdrunk

Find my homemade ink recipes on my Flickr page here.

"I don't wait for inspiration; inspiration waits for me." --Akiane Kramarik

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fiberdrunk

• tfwall

• Drone

• amberleadavis

There was a little about it in the last Goulet Q&A last week. It seems that he has been really busy.

Smith Premier No. 4

Yay!!! Thanks for an update!

Awesome! Thanks! :thumbup:

Got this a year ago at the Boston Pen Show...

fpn_1373399288__music.jpg

Way too stiff and narrow to be called a Music nib.... he agreed and went back to work more on it. ;)

Edited by Cyber6

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Hmmm..... I miss his new inks.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

i miss him too. when I got my first fp and joined fpn, it was an exciting time. a new ink every week. (well, it felt that way)

Noodler has a enormous array of inks.

I know I am talking to people with a piece or pieces of furnitures dedicated to inks but to someone who has grown up with blue and black then discovered the other colors later then Herbin range and other ink ranges after joining FPN.

Noodler ink is exceptionally diverse.

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

I got a charge out of his experiment with putting an Esterbrook banker's dip pen nib in a Neponset, last year. Made for an awesome pen, till the nib corroded to the feed and I broke the feed trying to pull it out. Contacted Nathan, and, as he still had a few of his old feeds floating around, he was going to send me one to replace. If memory serves, Nathan also told me that the new music nibs were not going to fit the old feed/sections. Not sure if we will be able to buy a new feed/section to accommodate, or if we are going to have to buy a whole new pen?

Be forewarned... I will eye-bang the bejeezus out of your pens...
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...

Friday, April 4, 2014

Goulet Q&A Episode 26, Nathan Tardif Interview (Video)

http://www.inknouveau.com/2014/04/goulet-q-episode-26-nathan-tardif.html

Q2) David- InkNouveau (20:13):

You (Nathan) encourage tinkering with the flex pen nibs and feeds, yet the nibs and feeds themselves are not available for purchase apart from the pens. I know some people are frustrated because they’ll do some adjustments to their feeds and if they mess up at all they’ve essentially ruined the pen because they can’t get any replacement parts. do you have any plans, or would you be open to considering offering those parts available separate from the pens?

Answer (paraphrasing):

In the video reply, basically Mr. Tardif said he's working on supplying spare nibs and feeds but the price point isn't where he wants it and the supply of parts remains an issue. Maybe by end of summer 2014?

There's a lot more in the interview - better if you watch it.

I'll believe this when and if we ever see spare Ahab & Konrad feeds and/or nibs actually for sale. Personally, I've been asking for Ahab spare parts that we can purchase since the pen first came out - to no avail.

Hmmm..... I miss his new inks.

Don't you have enough to play with at the moment? If not, I'll send you some Queen food dyes to have a go at...

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

I've been asking for Ahab spare parts that we can purchase since the pen first came out - to no avail.

Whom have you been asking? If it is not the Gilletts, or previously Dick Egolf, at Luxury Brands; then your message may have not been communicated.

Don't you have enough to play with at the moment? If not, I'll send you some Queen food dyes to have a go at...

ROFL - no such things as too much ink.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Whom have you been asking? If it is not the Gilletts, or previously Dick Egolf, at Luxury Brands; then your message may have not been communicated.

Hi Chemyst,

Yes, long ago it was Dick Egolf at Luxury Brands who fielded my inquiry after my purchase of my first Ahabs from the Goulet's. If I remember correctly he was kind enough to communicate with the Goulet's as my Distributor, and as a result they threw a couple/few spare feeds gratis into one of my shipments.

That was all well and good - but what I am asking is to PURCHASE these parts. I don't like going hat-in-hand begging for free parts I INTEND to hack up for experimentation and for adjusting pens intended for others (e.g., Pterodactylian-like EMF mod). My subsequent queries to Luxury Brands to buy the parts in small quantities went unanswered. Brian as a Distributor told me he was not authorized to sell parts and did not have the stock. This is how it went until I asked Brian Goulet if he would bring this subject up with Mr. Tardif during his recent interview. Now we have an answer - sort of (see my previous post for link to the interview).

If I could be sure of a reliable source of Ahab/Konrad feeds and nibs I would like to hack and adjust flex pens for family members and friends galore. As it stands now, that's not an option. The result is flex-penless people and less money for Mr. Tardif. An outcome I do not think Nathan would consider optimal.

BTW, thanks for the info about the "Gilletts", I did not know Mr. Egolf was no longer involved with the brand.

Best Regards, David