Green 3-Pen Case (Made To Order) By 3Wunder

Received my New 3-Pen case made by 3Wunder to my choice of color/size made to order. Only pen I have that doesn't fit is the Jinhao 159... but that can go naked in my pocket or bag for all I care lol.
Mainly wanted something a little sturdier and quicker to remove than a pen wrap for my pens like the Montblanc 225 and other mostly plastic/resin pens that are a little more delicate than say a Pilot Metro or a FC BASIC.
Feels great in the hand, stitch-work is excellent, and the way the dividers are only stitched on one side allows for thicker pens in the middle to expand outward a little (which is the case with the Platinum Century 3776 which is snug right around the cap band).
In terms of the picture showing the 3 thickest pens I have, the Monteverde Invincia Deluxe Nighthawk is almost identical in size and thickness as the Pilot Falcon, just a little bit taller in the case. There's enough of a lip around the edge even if the pen creates a bump in the softer portion of the leather in the bottom, the trim would still protect against blunt impact along the sides.
:D He should put that 3Wunder branding directly onto the cases.
I also put a short review here : http://kbeezie.com/green-3-pen-case-by-3wunder/
Pictures:
http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/3wunder/initial.jpg
http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/3wunder/closed.jpg
http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/3wunder/open.jpg
http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/3wunder/back.jpg
http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/3wunder/side.jpg
http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/3wunder/inside.jpg
http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/3wunder/strap.jpg
http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/3wunder/thick.jpg
http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/3wunder/show.jpg
Edited by KBeezie

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Polyhistor

• KBeezie

• RMN

• varmas

Looks great.

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

Very nice.

Looking at his website: a labour of love. If you count the manhours you would not get it for 90USD

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Very nice.

Looking at his website: a labour of love. If you count the manhours you would not get it for 90USD

D.ick

The pricing was a guestimation based on our conversation when I was arranging to trade my Eros which was listed at $45. He contacted me asking if I would take a pen case for it, made how I wanted it, which he stated. "To be honest, I'd normally charge about twice the price of the Ero pen for a similar item (all handmade and such), but I really like the looks of the Ero – and besides, you helped me find out about the Pilot 78g which has a great sentimental value to me, so I'd be perfectly fine with that trade."

So roughly going off of that, though I feel he is under-valuing himself for the amount of workmanship and care he puts into it. Because I was about ready to consider doing the Ero + Cash for something built to last and personalized to my taste.

Edited by KBeezie

Thanks so much for your kind words and the terrific pics! I'm glad you like the case and I was able to make what you were looking for.

As for the logo, I thought about putting it onto the case, but I feel it would have been a distraction from the color whose name I may not utter here. :D

By the way, I'm using the Ero daily. I switched the nib for a NOS one that I got from German eBay which made it even better. A serious Pelikan killer.

Cheers,

Adam

13968229573_ae23c291d7_m.jpg

My adventures in leatherwork (now also partly in English! :) ).

Thanks so much for your kind words and the terrific pics! I'm glad you like the case and I was able to make what you were looking for.

As for the logo, I thought about putting it onto the case, but I feel it would have been a distraction from the color whose name I may not utter here. :D

By the way, I'm using the Ero daily. I switched the nib for a NOS one that I got from German eBay which made it even better. A serious Pelikan killer.

Cheers,

Adam

:P

I never used a Pelikan so of course I couldn't compare the Ero I sent you to one. Glad to hear that new nib pretty much completed the package.

• 3 months later...

Been meaning to post some new cases for a while, but, being a lazy bum, I don't take too many pics of the ones I make, these days.

Here are two of the more recent ones. No. 1 found a new home in Singapore while no. 2 will be sent to the US in a couple of days.

Karl, your green one has a sibling now! :D

fpn_1412949958__blue_pen_case_for_s.jpg

fpn_1412950228__pen_case_for_j.jpg

Edited by Polyhistor

Been meaning to post some new cases for a while, but, being a lazy bum, I don't take too many pics of the ones I make, these days.

Here are two of the more recent ones. No. 1 found a new home in Singapore while no. 2 will be sent to the US in a couple of days.

Karl, your green one has a sibling now! :D

fpn_1412949958__blue_pen_case_for_s.jpg

fpn_1412950228__pen_case_for_j.jpg

Love the blue one! How do I find out how to order?

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

:P I might have to hit you up later on to look into getting a Blue (maybe a little paler or darker than the one shown) case that's a fit for 2 pens with maybe thicker sides maybe (ie: to serve as a semi-hard case).

Sounds like a fun project. :-) My inbox is open 24/7. :-P

Love the blue one! How do I find out how to order?

As KBeezie wrote, just drop me a line. :-)

:P Just making it thru midterms before I start hitting you up for any new projects :P

The blue pen case is mine. It was made a bit bigger than the standard model offered to accomodate my MB149s and Waterman Edsons.

Adam (Polyhistor) has since made flipup notepads and leather overgrips for my tote. Every single piece is of professional quality, you can see the care put into each piece. Would love to post some pictures but a message that my quota is exceeded keeps popping up though I am well within limits.

Drop Adam an email to order and be prepared to be amazed, or at least be extremely please, with his work.

I love leather and now I have found a friend - magic.

Stay well,

Solomon

WTB: Unusual and prototype Sheaffer Connaisseurs, Grande Connaisseurs and Parker Premiers.

The blue pen case is mine. It was made a bit bigger than the standard model offered to accomodate my MB149s and Waterman Edsons.

Adam (Polyhistor) has since made flipup notepads and leather overgrips for my tote. Every single piece is of professional quality, you can see the care put into each piece. Would love to post some pictures but a message that my quota is exceeded keeps popping up though I am well within limits.

Drop Adam an email to order and be prepared to be amazed, or at least be extremely please, with his work.

I love leather and now I have found a friend - magic.

Stay well,

Solomon

If you use the upload button top right of the page there is no upload quotum, only a max pic-size of about 1 MB.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Thank you; I just sent you an email :)

Thank you KBeezie for the nice review!

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

If you use the upload button top right of the page there is no upload quotum, only a max pic-size of about 1 MB.

D.ick

Many thanks Dick. Will upload pictures in a couple of days.

WTB: Unusual and prototype Sheaffer Connaisseurs, Grande Connaisseurs and Parker Premiers.

Many, many thanks for your kind words, everyone! :blush:

Solomon, looking forward to your pictures! I'm always amazed at seeing something I made being used half a world away.

Cheers,

Adam