The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

(Sailor) Kingdom Note Tanna Japonensis

sailor kingdom note tanna japonensis ink green shading pelikan m800

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 attika89

attika89

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:02

There is a series of 15 inks produced by Sailor to celebrate Kingdom Note's 5th anniversary.
These series are to represent the flora and fauna of Japan.
The three series are Birds, Insects and Fungi, and there are 5 inks in each.
Here are the links from Kingdom Note
;)
koncyu.jpg

130722_05.jpg

140516_kinoko960.jpg

Thank you apenuser for reminding me to add these :thumbup:

The review

P1190571_ds_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

kntj_review01_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

kntj_review_2_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

P1190317_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

P1190666_ds_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Special thanks to saskia_madding for helping me to choose a color ;)

Edited by attika89, 07 July 2014 - 18:25.

Sponsored Content

#2 Green Ink

Green Ink

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2014 - 16:04

Beautiful ink, beautiful photography!

#3 Dr.Lowbrow

Dr.Lowbrow

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 16:15

Gorgeous! I didn't find "Tanna" in a quick search and am curious about the insect on the label. Does anyone know the story?

Love me my Edison and Newton pens and I share some Visconti, Omas, and Nakaya love, too. Oh, and a certain Waterman Music nib I might just have.

#4 apenpusher

apenpusher

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 16:31

Gorgeous! I didn't find "Tanna" in a quick search and am curious about the insect on the label. Does anyone know the story?

The ink is one of the Kingdom Note anniversary inks made for them by Sailor. There are 3 ranges, each with 5 different coloured inks. The 3 themes celebrate the fauna and flora of Japan and are birds, insects and fungi.

The tanna japonensis is the Asian evening cicada and is most common in Japan. It's Japanese name is Higurashi. This is marked on the bottom of the box the ink comes in. The wings of this cicada are translucent green, very similar in shade to this ink.

http://www.rakuten.n...te/originalink/

Edited by apenpusher, 07 July 2014 - 16:34.

#5 attika89

attika89

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,662 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2014 - 18:15

Beautiful ink, beautiful photography!

Thank you very much :happy:

Higurashi /Tanna Japonensis ;)

c0286530_2013379_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jp

Thank you very much for this! I should've added these to the review too :blush:

#6 Sinistral1

Sinistral1

Ink Minion

• FPN Donor - Iridium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2014 - 19:24

Sailor inks are very nice, but green is my favorite color, and this one shades so beautifully that a bottle of it is somewhere between the Kingdom Note shop in Japan and my house. Yah-hoo!! Thanks for the review, Attila.

Breathe.  Take one step at a time.  Don't sweat the small stuff.  You're not getting older, you are only moving through time.  Be calm and positive.

#7 tinta

tinta

Zoë-kutya

• Member - Gold

• 2,708 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2014 - 19:41

There is a Youtube video of catching, inspecting a releasing this Japanese Cicada.

Here in Southern Ontario,  the buzz of our Cicadas heralds the arrival of late Summer.

Attila, your beautiful writing really shows off the qualities of this lovely green ink. 

Did you mean that this ink can only be sourced straight from Japan?  If so,... from where specifically?

Edited by tinta, 07 July 2014 - 19:42.

*Sailor 1911-M, Black/gold, 14c. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *2 Sailor 1911-M Burgundy/gold pens: 14c. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 1.1 mm. CI (JM) *Sailor Standard sized Brown Marbled Mozaique,(machined acrylic/rhodium),14c. 1.0 mm.CI (JM) *2 Kaweco SPECIAL fountain pens: 14c."M" "B",-0.5 mm & 0.7 mm (BLS) *Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14c "B" -0.6 mm. (BLS) *Montblanc 254, 14c. "BB" (1.1 mm?) flügelfeder factory stub

#8 Sinistral1

Sinistral1

Ink Minion

• FPN Donor - Iridium

• 3,000 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2014 - 20:31

Moderator Saskia_Madding has ordering info on a link in her signature. I have utilized eBay seller cooljapan (Atsu) twice now. Thankfully, he was able to get my "green bug" ink from Kingdom note, even though their web site says it is now sold out. I think he literally goes to these shops and gets the ink you request, as it is exclusive to that particular shop. Sailor is becoming famous for it's small batch custom ink colors in these pretty bottles. I also have one from another shop that is called Brown Algae (Hakodate Gagome) that actually has Japanese brown algae in it!

Breathe.  Take one step at a time.  Don't sweat the small stuff.  You're not getting older, you are only moving through time.  Be calm and positive.

#9 attika89

attika89

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,662 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2014 - 20:44

Szervusz István!
Thank you very much! :happy:

Yes, these are only available in Japan, but some say they can be found on amazon too. I don't know about that one.
I've bought mine via Atsu, along with a bottle of Bung Box Blue Black (4B) and I can only recommend him! It was my third purchase from him, everything went nice and easy.

@sinistral, Atsu is a great guy indeed!

Edited by attika89, 07 July 2014 - 20:45.

#10 Dr.Lowbrow

Dr.Lowbrow

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 20:45

The ink is one of the Kingdom Note anniversary inks made for them by Sailor. There are 3 ranges, each with 5 different coloured inks. The 3 themes celebrate the fauna and flora of Japan and are birds, insects and fungi.

The tanna japonensis is the Asian evening cicada and is most common in Japan. It's Japanese name is Higurashi. This is marked on the bottom of the box the ink comes in. The wings of this cicada are translucent green, very similar in shade to this ink.

http://www.rakuten.n...te/originalink/

Thank you! What a beautiful line of ink. 

Love me my Edison and Newton pens and I share some Visconti, Omas, and Nakaya love, too. Oh, and a certain Waterman Music nib I might just have.

#11 Sinistral1

Sinistral1

Ink Minion

• FPN Donor - Iridium

• 3,000 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2014 - 20:50

About a week ago there was a bottle of green bug on eBay for around $50, including shipping, from a Japanese seller not Atsu. Said there was only one bottle left...

Edited to add: I hope my name for this ink does not offend anybody. I should probably call it cicada instead. Sorry for my spelling + memory deficiencies. You should have seen what I did with Hakodate Gagome until I had my bottle and could sleep with it under my pillow so I could memorize the correct spelling of it's name!

Edited by Sinistral1, 07 July 2014 - 20:57.

#12 attika89

attika89

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,662 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2014 - 21:17

No worries! Nothing wrong with that.
I wrote Meinsterstück instead of Meisterstück for months... :headsmack:
But at least it was 'mein
' :lol:

#13 mtnbiker62

mtnbiker62

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2014 - 00:09

It's a green Sailor ink month for me.  I just ordered a bottle of the Tanna Japonensis and a bottle of Nagasawa Kobe #34 to go along with the 2 bottles of Epinard that came last week.

#14 George.A

George.A

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:41

I really don't know which of the 2 I like more: the review of the ink or the actual ink?  :D

#15 attika89

attika89

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,662 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2014 - 20:15

It's a green Sailor ink month for me.  I just ordered a bottle of the Tanna Japonensis and a bottle of Nagasawa Kobe #34 to go along with the 2 bottles of Epinard that came last week.

That is quite a haul! Very nice! :thumbup:

I really don't know which of the 2 I like more: the review of the ink or the actual ink?  :D

You are too nice :happy: Thanks!!!

Spoiler

#16 TeaHive

TeaHive

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 17:31

Oh my! I must. have. this. INK! The review and color itself are both so lovely, thanks for sharing!

I've always found cicadas to be beautiful, poetic little creatures... despite the fact that if one flies near me in summer, I shriek and run inside for dear life. This color though... I am running to it.

#17 Scriptorium Pens

Scriptorium Pens

Antique

• Premium - Ruby

• 1,869 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:21

Wow, I'd love to have this ink. It's one of the most beautiful greens I've seen. One of my favorite sounds in the whole world is the cicadas chirping on a warm summer night, like they are right now outside my open window.

Renée

Visit my site at

fpn_1381279657__scriptoriumpens-label4.p

Handcrafted Fountain & Dip Pens

For Behind the Scenes pictures and comments, check out Instagram & Twitter.

#18 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:11

Amazing one.

#19 77kath

77kath

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:57

There are two bottles on the Bay, both from Japan, with high prices or shipping costs. I just couldn't bring myself to buy one.

#20 attika89

attika89

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,662 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2014 - 19:43

I'm so happy y'all that you like it! :)
I've tried it with a Hunt 101 dip nib too.
P1200672_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

P1200675_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sailor, kingdom, note, tanna japonensis, ink, green, shading, pelikan, m800

Sponsored Content

|