International - Cooperative - Unobtainable - (I C U) Ink Review - Black Amber

amberleadavis

I answered in the affirmative earlier today for Black Amber since you already had a envelope done up with my name on it.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• zoniguana

• napalm

• Tas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Slots are filled UNLESS begging is involved. I would just say that slots are filled, but I seem to respond well to begging and puppy dog eyes. It's very sad.

Since you requested begging, my first ever attempt at inky art:

post-108620-0-24801800-1404776466_thumb.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Oh well. I guess I'm too late? :(

Guilt works too.

Okay, everyone on this list has been sent a Susema - Black Amber

1. Sinistral1
  2. brgmarketing
  3. Auspice
  4. itsvroomvroom
  5. Tas
  6. InkStainedWings
  7. AAAndrew
  8. MHGuda
  9. Jenks
  10. Kidde
  11. Morames
  12. RAVENLUNATIC
  13. Runnin_Ute
  14. vossad01
  15. Napalm
  16. colrehogan
  17. xinglongneo
  18. elevennx
  19. blInk
  20. DrCodfish
  21. Disillusion
  22. morbus curiositas
  23. WilsonCQB1911
  24. bardiir
  25. Cyhz
  26. Lapis
  27. white_lotus
  28. whichwatch
  29. Chi Town

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_752.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_750.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_752.jpg

Okay, one more person - that would be 30 samples.

After that the ink room is closed.

Yes, I'm a softy. Any additions beyond the 30 require bribery.

1. Sinistral1

brgmarketing

Auspice

itsvroomvroom

Tas

InkStainedWings

AAAndrew

MHGuda

Jenks

Kidde

Morames

RAVENLUNATIC

Runnin_Ute

vossad01

Napalm

colrehogan

xinglongneo

elevennx

blInk

DrCodfish

Disillusion

morbus curiositas

WilsonCQB1911

bardiir

Cyhz

Lapis

white_lotus

whichwatch

Chi Town

CaptainBA

Tringle

GeekyGirl

Slots are now full for this adventure.

The next adventure will be in about two week and I've heard it is even better.

Thanks for being such a softie.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

:wub:

I'm going to be "out of the FPN" tomorrow.

Try not to let anyone go too crazy. :)

I like this ink, though I fear the scanner will make a liar out of me. This ink seems more black under less powerful lighting and on a dark brown table.

14635683732_cb9787cbd3_h.jpg

The picture below is the one described referencing the lubrication qualities of the ink mentioned above, you can also see the show-through on the cheap copy paper. The bubbles were present during my entire usage of the pen. I'm not sure if they mean anything at all, but I welcome those wiser than me to educate me at their whim.

Also, the water drop test accidentally had an interloper invade while it was drying, namely my right hand. This is the cause of the smudges on the left side. I was attempting to write the lower section at the time.

14449591449_b92f65f416_c.jpg

I'm sorry if it's hard to tell, but I was swapping between three different pens while writing the Rhodia review. I used the Rhodia for the dry smear test. I swiped my finger across the 16% here.

14636114905_f353541bd3_h.jpg

This next one is actually where I started testing the ink. I was watching House MD with my wife when I started and when I don't know what to write, I write what I hear. Sorry. The images are my best attempt at making the review look festive. Please don't pick on me too much. I own three dogs, and realize this is not an accurate representation. Also the horse who lent its tail for this picture was paid handsomely for the loan. Enjoy.

14656045403_3bf38ccc18_h.jpg

Edited by Morames

16% looks like a very good concentration/dilution of these inks! Can't wait until I get mine. Soon, soon...

That looks like a very black ink.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Ok, so I made up a batch at 16%, simply because I didn't have a large enough spare bottle to make it at 8%.

It was difficult to get it all out of the plastic baggie, so a little (very little) ended up decorating the kitchen. I am now banned from the kitchen (except for tea-making duties).

I then made a small sub-sample of that at 8% and filled the only spare pen I could find, one of Kevin's Beifa A+ pens.

It works very nicely, giving me a black that even the queen of black, black, blackety-blacks, ethernautrix, would approve of, except she would probably run it at 16%, just to make sure.

More testing tomorrow.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching