• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JF_LAMY Collection

• chunya

• farmdogfan

• londonbooks

Beautiful pen! Enjoy!

"Here was a man who had said, with his wan smile, that once he realized that he would never be a protagonist, he decided to become, instead, an intelligent spectator, for there was no point in writing without serious motivation." - Casaubon referring to Belbo, Foucault's Pendulum.

very nice and it seems that there isn't any crack in it so very very nice congratulations ;) just wich nib size is it?

A people can be great withouth a great pen but a people who love great pens is surely a great people too...

Pens owned actually: MB 146 EF;Pelikan M200 SE Clear Demonstrator 2012 B;Parker 17 EF;Parker 51 EF;Waterman Expert II M,Waterman Hemisphere M;Waterman Carene F and Stub;Pilot Justus 95 F.

Nearly owned: MB 149 B(Circa 2002);Conway Stewart Belliver LE bracket Brown IB.

I picked one up a couple of months back, and it is now my favourite writer, more so than my 146s and 149s, I love it. Mine has a little dint in the cap, but I'd be happy if that was all I was suffering from after 60 years! You have a lovely example there. Well done :thumbup:

Fine pen in nice condition and good pics too, now you need the 256.

Per.

+1 for the above. I received a 256 recently and am impressed w/it - if you like the 254, you'll like the 256 more!

Hello everyone,

And thank you very much for all the nice comments.

The pen really looks brand new. Still had it checked, and it was confirmed to me, that there are no cracks or hairlines on the cap, so I feel a bit relieved. The MB 252 I had a couple of years ago was not in this mint condition because of the common cap issue.

Jan

JF_LAMY collection

Previous posts:

14-06-24: LAMY_lady_set

14-07-01: LAMY_17_special

I love the look of those winged nibs. I'm going to have to get one soon.

• 2 weeks later...

This is one model I really suggest not posting and very careful recapping. But I can attest that it is possible with a great deal of care and LUCK to have one with no cracks.

Hope I did not just jinx myself!

My Website

Hello,

Fortunately, I was very lucky and there are no cracks or hairlines on the cap. As mentioned before, the MB 252 I had a couple of years ago had this common “cap issue”. I will just have this FP "sitting" in my collection, and I will not risk the damage ...

I am a LAMY fan anyway :-)

THANK YOU.

Jan

JF_LAMY collection

Please see Topics I've started:

14-07-09: LAMY_80_profil

14-07-05: Montblanc_254

14-07-01: LAMY_17_special

14-06-24: LAMY_lady_set