What Pens Do You Own And Never Use?

william2001

Pretty much all of my pens are like that. I've found that I like looking at them as a hobby just as much as writing with them. Don't get me wrong, it is fun to scribble alittle but I like looking at them like a model plane or a model car. It's even therapeutic to clean a pen and put it back together. If I look at it from another premise... I would probably like writing much more than I do, if my handwriting were nicer.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• william2001

• Blue_Moon

• ac12

• starlegohunter

Waterman Laureat: after taking the cap off the section always has ink (where you grip it to write). It's a shame because it's one smooth writer.

Parker Sonnet: tortured the poor nib, missing a converter. Another one has a broken feed inside the section, also missing a converter

Kaweco sport: I should be grateful for it was a gift, but its one ugly pen that screams "lady´s pen", doesn't help that the gold plating has gone from the nib, even though I've used it twice maybe; missing a really hard to find, not much thought of converter.

Several destroyed Parker vectors, I found one that might just work... But it's one ugly pen, the nib in particular looks insignificant.

Oh just remembered I have another unused gift, a wooden pen from the UK, it's strange, the entire section is wobbly, sort of doesn't match the barrel?

Edited by pseudo88

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

I have 12 pens after cutting down. I only use maybe 3 at any moment. I have at least used all of them 1 time :)

Not a fountain but a pair of Parker Jotters with my Grandparents name hot stamp on the barrels.

Mother gave them to me after Grandma past on. The only other good one that I have not used in awhile

is the cross hatched sterling silver cap actuated P75 ballpoint that was in her purse.

Probably 3/4 of the pens I own I never use. Not because they are super valuable or rare or anything. I have started only using pens with a snap on cap. I do a lot of writing, but it's mainly just signing off on stuff and making notes on proofs. With my pens with screw on caps, it usually takes me longer to unscrew the cap and put it back on than it does to write what I need to write.

I also never use my Montblanc LeGrand, since my parents think that I will break it.

I'm in junior high, so I'm old enough to know not to break a fountain pen. :wallbash:

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

far too many and the list is too long to list

me too - I have about 100 pens - some just don't get used much

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." ~ Ben Williams

My social media sites Via Gravatar

Join Pen Collectors of America

me too - I have about 100 pens - some just don't get used much

Just asking, but why do you have 100 pens if you knew (if you did) that you were not going to use them all?

Did you get it as a gift, or are you a collector?

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

On my desk is a small pile of Safaris and only the ones still in production get used. My daily rotation is with a few Rotring 600s although I do have a couple in new condition that have never been inked.

I have just had a sell of and cleared about 10 pens that I feel bad for not using. The ones that I have been unable to part with but still do not see much use:

Lamy 2000 x2 (this is because every time I uncap a less than half full pen it seems to leak)

Sheaffer Targas x5ish (I like targas! but I can't use them all)

Sailor King of Pen and MB149 (they just doesn't see much action - both write very nicely but are not very practical due to size)

Kaweco Sport Al Star (nice and unique, but i dint like cartridges)

Safaris (collected in various finishes, I like them but not enough to use them frequently)

I should have another clear out soon!

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love. -Carl Sagan

Three come to mind that I've considered selling due to lack of use, but I just can't bring myself to listing them.

Omas Paragon Galileo

Montblanc 147 Bordeaux

Yard O Led Grand Astoria

~ Justifying pen purchases since 2013 ~

I have three good pens and no room for the following: Three pens that are not used now, but probably will be in the future: 1) Sheaffer Imperial 14k EF nib. Nice pen, but the nib is too fine for regular use and a ballpoint is better for underlining and margin notes. 2) Pilot VP 18k rodium medium nib. Excellent pen, but the nib is too broad and I have no need for it at present. 3) Parker 45 found at a flea market, needs work. Three pens that are not used now and likely won't be: 1) Sheaffer Targa 1000, unbalanced and looks like a brake caliper part. 2) Sheaffer No Nonsense, nondescript. 3) Plastic Jimhao, oversized and cumbersome.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Visconti Cosmos sitting in its original box that I don't want to use because it's a limited edition.

Which color did you choose? My Cosmos arrived today. I chose the Purple Nebulus, which is a darker color than I expected. When I use it, the ink choice will be J Herbin Poussiere de Lune.

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

As many others, I have soooo many pens. But Each time I receive a new one, I write with it !!!! Some are turning more frequently than others and a few one (most of the time, cheap chinese pens I've bought a long time ago) are rarely used. The only one I've never used (just dipped) is my NOS Montblanc Porsche Carrera still wearing his protective paper .....

And now, which one will be my next one ???????

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/267952-which-one-will-be-your-next-fountain-pen/

Edited by Thier.

My parents gave me a yellow Montblanc Generation a few years back to replace a 145 I lost, and I can see where they were coming from, visually, but I didn't like the feel of it and my fingers were always slipping down onto the nib, so I filled it a total of once.

Currently in rotation: Wing Sung 698/Diamine Blue Velvet, Wing Sung 618/Diamine Golden Oasis, Lamy Profil 80/Pelikan Edelstein Aventurine

Just thought of something else... I've since stopped using nearly all of my non-fountain pens. Does that count?

Mechanical pencils are still in rotation for drafting but for sketching product designs I've switched from using gel ink pens to fountains with quick drying ink instead.

Unfortunatly i have too many pens to begin with, there in lies the problem.....I can't even think of all the pens that I don't use :-(

+1. I hear you.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.