Dearest Friends and Visitors of the Fountain Pen Network,
We have started implementing the changes we promised here: Upcoming Changes To FPN
Please do read the linked message above.

Photo

4Th Of July Sale @ Www.isellpens.com

www.isellpens.com

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 isellpens

isellpens

isellpens

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:23

Hi FPN Members:

We are having a ink sale on several brands of ink as well as samples.  We most likely

will be getting out of the sample business.  So,  you may want to stock up.  This is due to several reasons

and #1 is I am getting tired! 

We also have many pens with reduced prices.

Thanks for supporting our site.

Best Regards,

Todd & Theresa

www.isellpens.com

#2 Davros

Davros

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:28

I understand, though I love your samples. And sales. And those little bottles of Diamine that no one else has. You are definitely my goto for ink these days.

#3 Ugu

Ugu

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 July 2014 - 15:24

Isellpens is always one of my references when I want something new. I cannot say anything but good things of their service, their prices and how fast they are!

I will check these special items to celebrate this 4th of July!

#4 Ipsum_Dolor

Ipsum_Dolor

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:14

I like your site & your prices, but you want to charge me $45 shipping on a $5 pen. :(

God I hate living in Canada sometimes. 

Pens: Pilot Vanishing Point, Pelikan m150, Pilot Prera, Pilot Metropolitan, Parker Arrow, Countless amount of dip nibs. |                      
Ink: Waterman Black or O.S. Arsenic for note taking, Iroshizuku Fuyu Gaki & Diamine Oxblood or Ancient Copper for correspondence. Although the last two are nearly always subject to change.
Paper: Rhodia / Clairfontaine. Outstanding quality, and relatively inexpensive. 
I think I've finally satiated my thirst for pens, but never ink! 

Absolutely amazing B&M pen store.

#5 isellpens

isellpens

isellpens

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:59

That's kind of in correct and please see our shipping section or email me if you have questions on shipping.

#6 Ipsum_Dolor

Ipsum_Dolor

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:36

That's kind of in correct and please see our shipping section or email me if you have questions on shipping.

My apologies, upon reading your shipping page I now understand your policies.

However, if you would allow me to offer some advice, you may want to direct people to that page at the checkout. As an average customer, it's quite disheartening to see this:

4sjwhl.jpg

at the checkout page. I myself sighed & laughed, followed by closing the tab. 

Cheers.

Pens: Pilot Vanishing Point, Pelikan m150, Pilot Prera, Pilot Metropolitan, Parker Arrow, Countless amount of dip nibs. |                      
Ink: Waterman Black or O.S. Arsenic for note taking, Iroshizuku Fuyu Gaki & Diamine Oxblood or Ancient Copper for correspondence. Although the last two are nearly always subject to change.
Paper: Rhodia / Clairfontaine. Outstanding quality, and relatively inexpensive. 
I think I've finally satiated my thirst for pens, but never ink! 

Absolutely amazing B&M pen store.

#7 isellpens

isellpens

isellpens

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2014 - 15:34

We also have the Hero 359 on sale for my cost.  For $7.00 you could not even buy a nib on a similar model that claims it's still made in Germany.

#8 ac12

ac12

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2014 - 16:48

As of 0945 PSDT 10july14 the isellpens site seems to be down, or at least I cannot connect.

#9 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,635 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2014 - 16:53

Works fine for me.  :)

fpn_1405136194__fpn_1404594699__sg_tag.j sigpic14481_1.gif vanness.jpg?t=1321916122

#10 isellpens

isellpens

isellpens

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 July 2014 - 15:21

I am closing out several ink samples:  Private Reserve, R & K,  Omas & Stipula.  These 3MLsamples all being closed out at more than 50% off.  I not suppose to list prices on this site but check them out!    At this point I have a nice selection for you guys.

Edited by isellpens, 22 July 2014 - 15:26.

#11 TSherbs

TSherbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 15:55

Just placed my order!

#12 77kath

77kath

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 July 2014 - 17:03

Wow!

#13 OakIris

OakIris

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 July 2014 - 19:20

The closeout samples sold out fast - TSherbs, you must have made a killing!  (j/k)  The only available ink sample on the closeout page is PR Buttercup.   The early bird catches the worm, etc., etc.   :P

Holly

#14 TSherbs

TSherbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 991 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 19:42

The closeout samples sold out fast - TSherbs, you must have made a killing!  (j/k)  The only available ink sample on the closeout page is PR Buttercup.   The early bird catches the worm, etc., etc.   :P

Holly

um, I ordered 7 I think...   :blush:

#15 isellpens

isellpens

isellpens

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 July 2014 - 19:44

These are not just listed on the closeout page and we do have a very large supply left.

#16 OakIris

OakIris

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 July 2014 - 20:24

DOH!  Thanks, Todd.  I looked at the items on the closeout pages, wrongly assuming that is where the sale items were, then looked at the ink samples page.  I only checked the first page where all the samples were listed at regular place, so made more assumptions...lol  After reading your post, I went back to your website, sorted the samples by low price to high, and Bingo, thousands (well, not literally, but lots and lots, as you implied) of samples on sale showed up.

No worries, TSherbs,  I am going to be stocking up a bit, too!

Holly

#17 TSherbs

TSherbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 991 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:33

DOH!  Thanks, Todd.  I looked at the items on the closeout pages, wrongly assuming that is where the sale items were, then looked at the ink samples page.  I only checked the first page where all the samples were listed at regular place, so made more assumptions...lol  After reading your post, I went back to your website, sorted the samples by low price to high, and Bingo, thousands (well, not literally, but lots and lots, as you implied) of samples on sale showed up.

No worries, TSherbs,  I am going to be stocking up a bit, too!

Holly

I think I bought every sample of an ink with the name of an author that I teach at school.   :o  

#18 AZBennett

AZBennett

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:00

I think I bought 25 ink samples. Maybe more. I know it was rather a lot but the opportunity to sample so many inks at such great prices won me over. Then again about 1/4 of them weren't reduced, I got the ink sample bug.

#19 isellpens

isellpens

isellpens

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:25

Thanks for all your orders.  I am also closing out all Organic Studio line of inks.

#20 bleair

bleair

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:13

I gather selling ink samples is a pain in the ****.  The various ink makers owe you some bonuses for in-effect-advertising all their alternate colors.

There are so many inks that I had wanted to try, and now I can't resist.. plus my first exploration didn't uncover all the inks you have on special so I have ended up placing multiple orders... So awesome.

#21 TSherbs

TSherbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 991 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 21:45

Thanks for all your orders.  I am also closing out all Organic Studio line of inks.

got my haul lickety split 

thanks

#22 77kath

77kath

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 July 2014 - 00:40

I have rainbow fingers tonight! Thanks very much.

#23 bleair

bleair

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 July 2014 - 18:33

I'm on the same coast, but wow, my order arrived in record time (I think it was literally 2 days).

Thanks for bringing me ink culture diversity. :)

#24 LindaM

LindaM

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 July 2014 - 20:58

I should probably be embarrassed at how many I bought, however yesterday the samples did a good deed - a rat was taking up lodging in the wall here (I saw it outside, definitely a rat) and it took 3 tries to get my landlord and landlady to even listen to me about it. It was chewing in a wall near electrical lines, but they wanted to wait for this coming week to call an exterminator to deal with it. Uh, no - get some rat traps NOW! Then they took hours to do that. I was stressed at listening to it chew in there and waiting for them to act, during which time I sat and cut up white stickers, put them on the tops of all the vials, and marked each with a bit of the ink inside the vial to identify them in the rack. That minor task, being enjoyable, was effective at preventing my stress level from over-flowing.

Thanks, Todd :)

(Before anyone asks, I had no way to get to town to buy traps myself, hence having to wait on them. And yes, I beat on the wall close to where the rat was, trying to scare it off. Instead it sat there and squealed/screeched, whatever you call that noise they make.)

#25 gweimer1

gweimer1

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 July 2014 - 19:37

I ran out of ink in my main pen at work today.  All my ink is at home.  That was a feeble enough excuse to buy a Diamine black for an office backup, and at a quarter each, I grabbed 6 samples, so I have backups of red and blue for work.

Quit enabling me!  :blush: