Sneak Peek At Our New Ebonite Model With Nos Flex Nibs

terim

So, what I'm inferring from your response is that the part where the bladder of the Soquel currently attaches can't simply be threaded to fit the new tank. Too bad.

You have grasped the issue correctly .... there's not enough plastic there to create threads that will accept the ink tank, and of course the threads would need to be exact in order to be ink tight.

TERI

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• terim

• WilsonCQB1911

• EclecticCollector

• Drone

Any idea of the price once available?

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

Any chance of an all black pen?

[EDIT] Just read that there are only going to be two colours. Oh well. Really like the concept, but not so much the colour combinations. Hopefully, this system will be transferred to some of the Ranga offerings.

Edited by New_Falcon

WTT: My Lamy 2000 Fine nib for your Lamy 2000 Broad nib.

Shut up and take my money!! :)

What he said. That ink tank is very clever, and having a capped spare would be great for traveling.

Hi Teri,

1. Will these pens have cap liners so they so they don't suffer from nib dry out, post properly and protect the Ebonite barrel?

2 What are the pen dimensions capped and posted?

3. Please post a comment here when the pens go up on your site. I will follow this thread.

Thanks, David

Oh, I do like the way these pens look, Teri!

I have been saving up my money to buy one of your Ranga pens with a Sheaffer nib, but these look very interesting. The new take on fountain pen fill systems - and the included extra tank for spare ink - looks as if it will be a winner, add that to a modern Ebonite pen with a vintage 14K gold Eversharp nib (with flex) and all with a price of <$100 = Yum! I think my priorities have changed, and that this may well be my next Ebonite pen instead of the Ranga.

I hope you post back when these are available. :)

Holly

Just enabled them a second ago. I had to wait until I finished the newsletter, so that I could give subscribers their heads-up and coupon.

We've got them named -- FELTON

We've got them priced -- $89

Length is 5-1/16" capped and 5-11/16" posted. The thickness at the section threads is .39 inches (9.95mm).

We found the ink tanks hold around .9ml so just a bit more than a standard international cartridge.

FYI, we're having some success fitting these with Warranted #2 nibs, though we will probably be saving those for the SF Pen Show and the Pan Pacific Pen Club meeting next Saturday.

Here's a link to the listing.

We've got a really small quantity of Eversharp flex stub and broad nibs which we have been saving to celebrate the introduction of this model. You'll see them in the pull down menu while they are still in stock.

Thanks to everyone who has supported our mating of new ebonite with new old stock quality nibs!

TERI

Ordered a medium nib green&black - waiting with anticipation!

Flex and shading tempts me away from my favourite extra-fines...

What the hey? The stubs are gone already! What, were there like 2 of them to begin with? :angry:

I had just made up my mind to get one, didn't think they'd be gone before the end of the day.

I just pulled the trigger on a green fine flex.

I've had mixed experiences with the few Indian hand-turned pens I've owned in the past. But with Teri at the helm of this ship, I'm willing to take a chance on this one.