New Pilot Pens?

holgalee

They're pens... not ipods.

Ah I wish someone had mentioned that before! Is that why I can't play David Cassidy on mine?! ;-)

Verba volant, scripta manent

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• KBeezie

• rutherfordr

• Pen_Samurai

Ah I wish someone had mentioned that before! Is that why I can't play David Cassidy on mine?! ;-)

Heard a rumor if you get just the right ink, nib adjustment and paper combination, you can, especially if you find the correct book to copy from so that the pace is just right to create a singing nib that sounds like just Cassidy.....

Heard a rumor if you get just the right ink, nib adjustment and paper combination, you can, especially if you find the correct book to copy from so that the pace is just right to create a singing nib that sounds like just Cassidy.....

Ah, you mean an annoying whine! LOL

Verba volant, scripta manent

The question reminds me of the people who are shocked to learn that something like the Lamy Safari is a design that came out in the 80s... there seems to be some kind of fascination with having the 'newest' fashion out there or something.

They're pens... not ipods.

not just the Safari my good sir even the Lamy 2000 we all know that... MB saw it and said well we too came play that game and came out with the MB 2xx and then subsequently discontinue the pen because its not too "precious resin" for them

not just the Safari my good sir even the Lamy 2000 we all know that... MB saw it and said well we too came play that game and came out with the MB 2xx and then subsequently discontinue the pen because its not too "precious resin" for them

Yep, but I figured I'd mention the Safari because someone been sharing their design patent and somehow 'shocking' new users :D

Yep, but I figured I'd mention the Safari because someone been sharing their design patent and somehow 'shocking' new users :D

on a slightly out of topic I wish they bring back the profil series... :X

well but for now we know that they are no longer making new pen lines but resurrecting the old technologies the same goes for the Pilot Capless or Namiki Capless when it was first introduced in the 1960s as well (During the Tokyo Olympic games)

Didn't we get Metropolitans last year? I think that's one of the biggest gifts Pilot has given the fountain pen world. Now, I wish they'd lay off the animal prints (although I did just get a lizard taupe I love very much but it's the most tasteful of the animal print line).

Didn't we get Metropolitans last year? I think that's one of the biggest gifts Pilot has given the fountain pen world. Now, I wish they'd lay off the animal prints (although I did just get a lizard taupe I love very much but it's the most tasteful of the animal print line).

Bronze Lizard and Black Crocodile here. I don't mind the extra variety, as long as it doesn't deplete the availability of some of the more subtle classier choices.

Justus was already out quite some years ago... its not a "new" pen...

AND IT IS WHAT IT IS the Justus 95 launched in 1979 SURPRISE SURPRISE

Clearly the vintage Justus bares its resemblance to the Custom line while the brand swanky one bares its heritage... PUNS to the Custom Heritage

old

source

http://goutzchien.wordpress.com/2013/04/03/pilot-justus-v-s-pilot-justus-95-%E6%96%B0%E8%88%8A%E7%89%88%E5%A4%A7%E6%AF%94%E6%8B%BC%EF%BC%89/

The Justus came out in the late 70's yes, but the "Justus 95" is a new pen with a different construction, and the Justus 95 was released on the Pilot 95th anniversary. Yes, I know about the article, but it's like comparing the Pilot Myu M90 with the Pilot Myu 701. The M90 was made for the 90th anniversary of Pilot as a homage to the original Myu 70, so it was assumed that the Pilot Elite 95S (which is not the same as the original Elite that came out much earlier) would be limited edition as well. Like the Justus and Justus 95, the Myu 701 and Myu M90 don't have parts that interchange freely. They are different pens.

They are all entirely different pens that pay homage to each other. The Pilot Justus 95 is more like a Pilot Custom than the original Justus. I have handled many Pilot Justus pens. They are two different pens, and the Justus 95 pays homage to the original. Is someone asks me if I can look at their Justus, I have ask whether it is the new one or the old one.

To be honest, I like that Pilot is revisiting some of their older, and quite innovative pens and making new homages with nice construction and materials. I own some of their older pens, but I also have plenty of their modern pens as well.

Dillon

Edited by Dillo

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

To be honest, I like that Pilot is revisiting some of their older, and quite innovative pens and making new homages with nice construction and materials.

Me too! That's one of the things that attracted me to Pilot in the first place -- their willingness to innovate.

Scientia potentia est.

that could be it... who knows... we all know pen depreciat in value if second hand...

It's a custom. Not a custom 74.

The ceramo, seramo, セラモ、 is a different pen all together. The custom is the base pen for several of pilots makie pens and the urushi collection. It is ¥7000. It has more of a curve than the ceramo and I believe is a metal body, but we never stocked them. It's completely different to platinum's standard series. The platinum pen is similar to the ceramo but the ¥10,000 version has a 18k nib.

Pilot also announces new products in the spring and fall. However, with fountain pens, there isn't a whole lot of room for innovation. There is a long history of the innovation not doing well in sales.

How many sailor tridents does everyone have?

That point aside, innovation in Japan takes time. Lots of time.

But you will see information about new colors in spring and fall and makie designs in fall usually.

But you will see information about new colors in spring and fall and makie designs in fall usually.

Least can always count on them to come out with new colors/styles. But like you said if a system is working very well, there's not a whole lot of room or reason to improve it. New artwork though... always room for new ones.