Chelpark Sona Piston Filler

WDP4BAAZ

Hello friends,

I always like collecting FPNs with good ink carrying capacity.

Therefore I prefer Eyedroppers and piston fillers.

Here is my new purchase from ASA pens Channai :

The Chelpark SONA piston filler.I feel the design is influenced with "Rotring" piston filler.

1)Cap : Dual tone attractive cap .Silver body with golden ornaments.Clip is engraved with name "Chelpark".Clip is having good spring tension.

2) Barrel : Smooth finished black resin barrel . Having a large ink level window.Piston working is smooth and without any play.Golden ring separates barrel and piston.

3) Nib and feed : Chelpark gold plated nib writes fine lines. Nib is less smooth than that of Airmail nibs. Modern feed is having fine fins resulting in consistent ink flow as well as quick starting of pen.Writing example attached.

4) Conclusion : I think it is the most fabulous pen manufactures by Chelpark,Bangalore.Total value for money..

Enjoying prompt service from ASA pens , for this time also.

Hope you all will enjoy review and pictures as well.

Comments are always welcome.....

Regards ,

WDP4 "BAAZ"

Indian 2 stroke diesel loco fan

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WDP4BAAZ

• hari317

• Barry Gabay

• mrmohitmishra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How is current status of Chelpark company ? Can any FPN member help ?

Hello friends,

I always like collecting FPNs with good ink carrying capacity.

Therefore I prefer Eyedroppers and piston fillers.

Here is my new purchase from ASA pens Channai :

The Chelpark SONA piston filler.I feel the design is influenced with "Rotring" piston filler.

1)Cap : Dual tone attractive cap .Silver body with golden ornaments.Clip is engraved with name "Chelpark".Clip is having good spring tension.

2) Barrel : Smooth finished black resin barrel . Having a large ink level window.Piston working is smooth and without any play.Golden ring separates barrel and piston.

3) Nib and feed : Chelpark gold plated nib writes fine lines. Nib is less smooth than that of Airmail nibs. Modern feed is having fine fins resulting in consistent ink flow as well as quick starting of pen.Writing example attached.

4) Conclusion : I think it is the most fabulous pen manufactures by Chelpark,Bangalore.Total value for money..

Enjoying prompt service from ASA pens , for this time also.

Hope you all will enjoy review and pictures as well.

Comments are always welcome.....

Regards ,

WDP4 "BAAZ"

Indian 2 stroke diesel loco fan

Nice review Baaz, thanks!

How is current status of Chelpark company ? Can any FPN member help ?

Dead. gone.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

This seems to share a fair few parts with the Chelpark Maverick, a pen I like a lot.

No, I am not going to list my pens here.

Can any FPN member please share information about Rotring FPNs for me ?

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Too bad about Chelpark. I used to write with Chelpark ink in my school days. My favourite colour was their sapphire blue. it was fun watching the ink drying as you wrote. I must confess to a lot of exams written with my head resting on the desk fascinated by the above phenomenon. Do you think there might be some bottles of Sapphire blue floating around in the market?

I think this batch of Sonas is 1990's vintage. They are nice pens. I have two and both were great right out of the box.

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful handwriting. Thank you for the review! Seems like an interesting pen.

Sad to read this company isn't making pens anymore.

"La libre communication des pensées et des opinions est un des droits les plus précieux de l’Homme : tout Citoyen peut donc parler, écrire, imprimer librement, sauf à répondre de l’abus de cette liberté, dans les cas déterminés par la Loi."

https://www.instagram.com/penultimatepost

Thanks Martin ,

Definitely it is one of best designs .. :)

Regards ,

BAAZ

Too bad about Chelpark. I used to write with Chelpark ink in my school days. My favourite colour was their sapphire blue. it was fun watching the ink drying as you wrote. I must confess to a lot of exams written with my head resting on the desk fascinated by the above phenomenon. Do you think there might be some bottles of Sapphire blue floating around in the market?

I bought some Chelpark turquois blue, royal blue, and emerald green in the Old City in Lucknow in January of this year. Good luck with your hunt.

I bought some Chelpark turquois blue, royal blue, and emerald green in the Old City in Lucknow in January of this year. Good luck with your hunt.

Hi Barry, have you had a chance to use these inks? In your opinion, how do these stack up against Pelikan or Waterman's for example?

Hi Hari,

Build quality and cap design of Sona is better than Lincoln Beena .

Regards,

BAAZ

A point not mentioned in your excellent review was that the nib units on the Sonas unscrew. These are very nice pens.

Hi Hari,

Build quality and cap design of Sona is better than Lincoln Beena .

Regards,

BAAZ

yes. they are from the same mold however. HTH.

Hello Hari,

Hope all is well in Mumbai. Per your question, the Chelpark inks perform beautifully. Their colors are bright, and they dry well. Thus far, I have used the inks only in cartridges which I've filled via syringe. Although this particular thread concerns Chelpark, how do Brill inks perform?

Best wishes, Barry