• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chrissy

• chunya

• snowmeii

• Pichon27

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am no MB expert, but, from the pictures it seems fine., though the pictures are not of good quality. But the guy is in Columbia, and somehow, I am just suspicious. I wouldnt but from him.

I am no MB expert, but, from the pictures it seems fine., though the pictures are not of good quality. But the guy is in Columbia, and somehow, I am just suspicious. I wouldnt but from him.

Doesn't look at all suspicious to me

I agree with Chrissy. It is a 149. While some claim otherwise, I have never seen a fake 149.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

I do agree with you there snowmeii, I have never seen that kind of box before. The cap band engraving stands out as different also but could be because of the era the pen was made or other factors like lighting or debri in the grooves.

Also from their feedback, it looks like they've bought more than they've sold.

Edited by Mister Mont Blanc

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

Looks like an early 90s vintage, just a shame the photos aren't clearer so that you could see the ink window.

In the main I have tended to profit from poorly photographed items, puts a lot of bidders off.

Well, the box is clearly not the original one - it's a fake. It has a black "snowflake."

Erick

Using right now:

Visconti Voyager 30 "M" nib running Birmingham Streetcar

Jinhao 9019 "EF" nib running Birmingham Railroad Spike

Stipula Adagio "F" nib running Birmingham Violet Sea Snail

Pelikan M1000 "F" nib running Birmingham Sugar Kelp

Oh yes. I apologise because I didn't go down to the second set of pictures in the listing. That is most definitely a fake box.

His rating is 95% but because he only has a feedback of 32, his one negative feedback accounts for this.It seems that he sold a watch that did not work on arrival, but must have given a refund as the buyer only complained about losing his return P&P.

If this is a fake, then that is a worrying development, faking 'early' 149's? The box could easily be a fake, I imagine a lot of people will try to find a box, say on Ebay, for an MB if they decide to sell one, hoping it will help the sale,not realising that the boxes are fakes.

thanks for all the reply....

can it be genuine pen but fake box

the seller did reply me with the photo of the serial number.. is 103108

post-114264-0-82193300-1403480780.jpg

There is nothing special about this 149, any reason why you need to purchase this pen? Unless you live in Columbia, stick with pens from USA. As a rule of thumb I try not to make international purchase unless I have to.

Like Chrissy, I finally scrolled down the page and the box is a fake, but that doesn't mean that the pen is also a fake. My only concern is that I cannot clearly see the ink window, I now always ask for pictures showing the window with the piston in two positions which would suggest to me that not only is it genuine but also that the piston is probably working.

I wouldn't have any concerns about buying from Columbia if the buyer seemed genuine and I was happy with the photos, especially if the price is attractive. I have seen so many fakes on offer here in the UK, so I certainly wouldn't disparage another Country.

If you are still thinking about bidding, ask for clearer pics of the window (he provided a new one of the serial and so it looks like he has the pen and is not using stolen pics and video), and the nib feed? He says he'll reply within 2 hours.

I've never seen a serial number without the 2 letter prefix, but I'm no expert,and a number of sources say that the serial 'normally' starts with two letters. Maybe someone else can chip in there?

Edited by chunya

The very claim that it is a Mont Blanc box should be flag. It's a counterfeit Mont Blanc box. And why ship it with a box if you don't have the original? Look at his other fountain pen listings. They don't come in boxes. Also, the language regarding returns sounds questionable. No returns, unless it comes damaged, then we can "discuss" the return. He then goes on to refer to the pen as a watch before declaring it is your responsibility to inquire on any concerns and doubts prior to purchase.

Caveat Emptor.

'No returns' is actually meaningless. If an item isn't as described you can open a case with ebay and get your money back. However, if they advise you to return the item you would have to do so, but only if it is authentic. You would not have to return the item, and ebay would not ask you to, if it wasn't authentic.

It can still be an authentic pen, and it looks like it is, but he probably doesn't have an authentic box. So he thinks he can ship it in a fake box. Actually, he can't. He can either ship it in no box or in an authentic box.

Sticking with a pen from the US sounds like a good idea, but it might cost you more. So do you want a cheaper pen from Columbia that comes with no box or papers? It's your decision.

Edited by Chrissy

Thanks for the replies ... After all the asking and so on.. the seller removed the listing .... Lol.. still many thanks for the reply

I don't think that was the seller removing the listing.

Looks like Ebay have maybe removed the listing, perhaps somebody reported it. A shame if it is a genuine 149 (as it seems to be) spoiled by a fake box,a case of him maybe trying too hard to attract bidders.